egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

EgilSandfeld, any chance of getting a bit more water on the map area in the south and the west? This way subs and other water born vehicles can go around the island more easily without going out of bounds.

Why can't you make a hotfix or something, so people don't have to re-download the ENTIRE map with an update?

Why can't you make a hotfix or something, so people don't have to re-download the ENTIRE map with an update?

Because there's only a 3 big .pbo files? So if he make changes in all of them, you need to download whole map again.

Just use play with six.. delta patching means you only download the changed bytes of the file, and no don't make some argument, I wont debate you about PWS.

(simply informing you of the option)

Agree, regardless of peoples prior opinions of PW6 and it's interface shortcomings. It's massively matured and is very easy to use now. I really think it is the simplest way to manage mods. You can still use your other chosen launcher to load the game. But I always use PW6 to maintain my modsets. So easy and saves so much bandwidth !

It's really a no-brainer

Yeah just went and looked, fyi to everyone it is on PWS ... i didnt see if show up in the latest section.. but it did DL a new update so yea

Yes, v1.1 is up :) I really hope you server guys dig the Clean RPT now :) At least I couldn't find any more errors, missing texture or like that.

Enjoy the island, guys :)

Unless there are any critical errors, I'm not sure that I'll be updating Bornholm again. Enough is enough, and I'm exhausted from the 11 months of work ;)

I'm not sure if anyone is having this issue, but when certain buildings are destroyed, the ones that are not from arma 3, they play the destroy animation and then simply fall into the ground and disappear. I sure hope that this is only an issue on my part, but if it is not then I'd hope for a fix.

Otherwise great map!

A wreck should be spawned if a building gets destroyed, but I guess they're not properly set up yet.

Are you planning on making a "non-standalone" version of the map? Feels a bit redundant to have to download all those A2 assets again when we already have AiA TP in our mods.

I was also wondering the same thing, especially since (I assume) the majority of us have AiA or A3MP.

We was playing around on Bornholm last night and here is a small film from that..

The first part is infantry on patrol early one morning. From 0:00 to 9:59 very beautiful scenes from Bornholm

Then, the attack on the plant acquired by rebels 10:00

I am Game Master and uses Zeus and MCC, Spoken Danish throughout the film.

I was also wondering the same thing, especially since (I assume) the majority of us have AiA or A3MP.

I too run AiA_Tp - but read back a few pages... there was a Crap-load of people moaning about having to use a third party dependancy i.e A3MP, AiA_TP etc if we wanted to play so the Author decided to follow the wishes of the majority at that time and consolidate all within one mod.

I'm also not sure he could have entered the mod into MANW without doing this.... anyway just worth keeping in mind.

More to the point, HDD space is cheap these days and there is no excuse around bandwidth as PW6 solves all that.

I too run AiA_Tp - but read back a few pages... there was a Crap-load of people moaning about having to use a third party dependancy i.e A3MP, AiA_TP etc if we wanted to play so the Author decided to follow the wishes of the majority at that time and consolidate all within one mod.

I'm also not sure he could have entered the mod into MANW without doing this.... anyway just worth keeping in mind.

More to the point, HDD space is cheap these days and there is no excuse around bandwidth as PW6 solves all that.

To be honest, I'd like to minimize the number of dependencies, as this would complicate the installation beyond what I think is reasonable if We (Sari's Dragons) are ever to use this for some BECTI event or 2nd server featuring Bornholm. We're working on it, but I'd like to see a small mod on the map edge. (see spoiler)

Bornholm%20too%20small.jpg

Well he needs to have no dependencies (except CBA) for his MANW entry - nobody hinders him to publish two versions of Bornholm though.

On the other hand, keeping two different versions of the same codebase in sync is a quite annoying and time consuming job - especially for a codebase as large as Bornholm's.

Onno I believe it is pretty much impossible to expand the map with more water, i think everything is based off the grid system in a way that, it would severly fuck up the map or something... Dont take my word for it (I am no expert), but im pretty sure he cant do that without alot of issues.

Onno I believe it is pretty much impossible to expand the map with more water, i think everything is based off the grid system in a way that, it would severly fuck up the map or something... Dont take my word for it (I am no expert), but im pretty sure he cant do that without alot of issues.

You just redefine the 0,0 coordinate and then fill in the gaps?

Very nice map, congrats on the release. Its visible that you put a TON of work into it.

I think the lightning on Bornholm is pretty much accurate to real life experience, the way it currently is portrayed in game.

After all, in real life it does sit in the relatively mid-northern hemisphere..

The only real lighting issue is the rendering of wheat fields in NVGs. Soooooo bright ! :eek:

I keep getting an error with the objects pbo when I'm extracting it. Anyone else have this issue?

Hey EgilSandfeld, because the lighting (light and color intense)on Bornholm, i found this screen http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/44/1414371282-kandahar-wip-02.jpg

from upcoming kandahar map and this is the lighting intense what i've missing on your map.

Bornholm is quite a bit North from Kandahar, the light *should* be completely different, as most of the year the sun is at a much shallower angle in the latitudes Bornholm is located at. I think Bornholm's lighting is just fine.

Ace, how does the island feel for you danskies? :D Hey why are always russians the evil.. take BWMod and free it from the germans. Hmm, oh, they are also the obvious evil ;)

I'm surprised by the loads of forest... From what I know from Denmark in the part north of Germany, there should be a lot of grassland, maybe Bornholm is different... However, I love the map.

Bornholm is quite a bit North from Kandahar, the light *should* be completely different, as most of the year the sun is at a much shallower angle in the latitudes Bornholm is located at. I think Bornholm's lighting is just fine.

i think this is a map engine problem, most of the new maps has got this problem that the light and coloured is not so intense like on altis or stratis,but shelestov with his ukraine map http://imgur.com/a/Pq4Rp has not this problem it looks so much better with his light settings, i dont no why EgilSandfeld not use this settings, and please come not with the argument, its to north locatedFPDR