egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

Lush, gorgeous! Thanks again Egil for this Bornholm terrain-map. Lovin it.

Here's a short clip at Joboland Park... with BP Zombies! :681:

Breaking Point, well... the the friendly project where the developers ...hmm.. "don't like" if you look into a pbo and who obfuscate everything, e.g. through creative naming of variables. They may have their reasons, however due to the open nature of ArmA script language and Addons, it stinks. The point is: they are not open and probably will not expect it from others. MANW may also be an aspect here.

Edited by tortuosit

It's a great map but I think the amount of streetlights need to be cut in half.

There's simply too many of them and as such it's causing some issues with certain parts of the bigger cities losing lighting probably because there's too many off them in view.

I've set the amount of lights to maximum in my settings but I still get large parts of lights not being drawn and turn on again as soon as you get closer which is very disturbing.

WOW, awesome terrain!

I do have a small request though:

Can you add about 1½ - 2 KM of sea to the west and to the south?

At the moment the edge of the map is not navigable with ships larger than a dingy.

Anyone know where you can find missions for this map? Me and my friends want to play but I cant find any missions for it :/

Anyone know where you can find missions for this map? Me and my friends want to play but I cant find any missions for it :/

There are 3 ways:

1. Hack an existing mission to use this map:
    • copy the mission file of the mission you want to copy and rename it in explorer
    • open up the mission file in notepad and edit the map name (it's in the first or second class IIRC)
    • re-edit it in the arma editor so it makes sense for the terrain.

[*]Create your own in the editor

[*]Wait for it, it will come (it's still quite new)

Edited by Onno

Tried this map out for the first time and all I have to say is great work! Slight lag for me in cities, but the detail was stunning. Can't wait to run some MCC missions on this place!

Yeah, already played a few missions from MCC mission generator on Bornholm, which was a good experience.

It's a great map but I think the amount of streetlights need to be cut in half.

There's simply too many of them and as such it's causing some issues with certain parts of the bigger cities losing lighting probably because there's too many off them in view.

I've set the amount of lights to maximum in my settings but I still get large parts of lights not being drawn and turn on again as soon as you get closer which is very disturbing.

The same issues exist on Altis, where the A3 engine has a max cap/limit for concurrent lights being enabled. I don't know if it's a limititation from your own CPU strength though. And I'm not going to delete about 1300 street lights now :)

The same issues exist on Altis, where the A3 engine has a max cap/limit for concurrent lights being enabled. I don't know if it's a limititation from your own CPU strength though. And I'm not going to delete about 1300 street lights now :)

CPU=i7 3770, so should be fine.

I am not experiencing this issue on Altis.

Another issue I found is that the Diesel Powerplant can not be destroyed (no damage model?). In my mission it needs to be destroyed to cause a blackout in the city where all the streetlights are turned off.

Everything works in order but I can't destroy the powerplant :S

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

That's not a bug with the map, sadly, deleyt. I tried making a mission with Zeus on Altis where the small Diesel Powerplant had to be destroyed. It stood up to dozens of shells, I pressed end, and it still stood.

Land_dp_mainFactory_F, Land_dp_smallFactory_F and Land_dp_transformer_F are indestructible I believe. You'd have to make your own little config patch to set

destrType = "DestructBuilding";

class DestructionEffects : DestructionEffects {

class Ruin1 {

simulation = "ruin";

type = "path\to\ruin\object\you\deem\fit.p3d";

position = "";

intensity = 1;

interval = 1;

lifeTime = 1;

};

};

Didn't come here just to hijack the thread though, actually just wanted to thank you. I read in the changelog

Correct textures on models so it's all now packed into Objects.pbo
and was worried, then saw it's actually BornholmObjects.pbo :)

Accuracy, this will not work with alive compltely.. not completely, until they add all the map info into the mod(alive) and release a patch. thats how it works. the alive team has to update alive, not the map maker.

the cqb and a couple other things will work on the island but the others (mil / civ ) placement modules will not.

That's not a bug with the map, sadly, deleyt. I tried making a mission with Zeus on Altis where the small Diesel Powerplant had to be destroyed. It stood up to dozens of shells, I pressed end, and it still stood.
Land_dp_mainFactory_F, Land_dp_smallFactory_F and Land_dp_transformer_F are indestructible I believe. You'd have to make your own little config patch to set

Thanks!

Edited by deleyt

Yes, v1.1 is up :) I really hope you server guys dig the Clean RPT now :) At least I couldn't find any more errors, missing texture or like that.

Enjoy the island, guys :)

Unless there are any critical errors, I'm not sure that I'll be updating Bornholm again. Enough is enough, and I'm exhausted from the 11 months of work ;)

Accuracy, this will not work with alive compltely.. not completely, until they add all the map info into the mod(alive) and release a patch. thats how it works. the alive team has to update alive, not the map maker.

the cqb and a couple other things will work on the island but the others (mil / civ ) placement modules will not.

10-4.

I asked the alive guys and they stated alive support coming in .9. WOOT!!

---------- Post added at 07:38 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

Yes, v1.1 is up :) I really hope you server guys dig the Clean RPT now :) At least I couldn't find any more errors, missing texture or like that.

Enjoy the island, guys :)

Unless there are any critical errors, I'm not sure that I'll be updating Bornholm again. Enough is enough, and I'm exhausted from the 11 months of work ;)

And that work shows good sir, your map is fantastic. You've provided us all a quality battlefield to play on, bravo!

Are you planning on making a "non-standalone" version of the map? Feels a bit redundant to have to download all those A2 assets again when we already have AiA TP in our mods.