egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain]

I like it! Just flew, drove and walked abit around, I see the potential for many missions on this one.

Good work Egil, the only complain I have as of now is that the grass is too light green, other than that nice work.

And for all you dane lovers out there, I've juts squished out a quick retexture, with a few errors here and there, but it's Pletsløring 90 roughly as it should be! Use the Virtual Arsenal to export or use something like VAS to equip it for now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deoaglkisrjfbet/RDA.pbo?dl=0

Hide in the danish woodland, I will go make a proper retexture of it soon as I merely spent 2 minutes retexturing this one, and it doesn't really look that good. (Sorry to hijack your thread)

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

wow, consider me officially impressed. Big VERY Big and very detailed.

Noticed that some areas could benefit from random object placement, fencing etc. i.e. industrial zones...

But holy cow that is just amazing what you have accomplished I think. It looks so well laid out...

Seriously well done.

Congrats on the release man! I have been watching this for a long while and I'm excited to give it a go.

Congratulations egil, you really worked hard on this.

Its going to be awesome.

Great Map it looks Beatuiful

anyone has the problem that he cant look around when sitting as a passenger in a vehicle + strange view teleports as passenger ?

Whoa, it's released! Downloading as we speak. Been waiting for this.

Edit: Did some quick sightseeng, mostly from the pilot seat of the Hummingbird. Amazing work Egil!

Edited by Brisse

Congratulations, you broke ArmA 3 :) This map is pretty much impossible to play at maximum view distance.

While that is easily fixed by reducing one's own view distance, and praying BIS ever gets the engine properly finished so that will no longer be necessary, one thing that does bother me is the trees. The LOD is set too close, I believe, thus reducing object quality very close. I should not be seeing school theater paper cutout trees from 15m away.... with all graphics settings on Ultra.

Another thing I noticed, houses and stuff would probably look better if they had a bit of different grass/dirt around them instead of just being planted on the grass texture.

EDIT: Please note that the view distance bit is not criticism directed at the map maker.

Edited by janus0104
Sarcasm being taken literal.

Dude, your not supposed to max out the view distance. You cannot blame the mapmaker, only yourself. Most games will not allow you to tweak settings like in Arma. Most game have reasonable limits to such parameters. This game does not, becouse it does not insult the players intelligence, but it also means you will have to use the slider responsibly, so don't just put it on max. Set it to something reasonable, like 5000 meters with objects at 1000m.

I run on Max too, but got good tree textures... Not sure what you're seeing ? Screenie ?

Awesome, congrats on the release. We will look at ALiVE compatibility for the next ALiVE release!

I run on Max too, but got good tree textures... Not sure what you're seeing ? Screenie ?

Sure, two Screenshots right here, marked which trees are good and which are bad:

20449.png

20450.png

One more thing: Any chance we can get a Lite version of this map for those of us who already use AiA? It seems to me many objects are duplicated by having both...

hmm I see what you mean - tbh I thought that was normal arma lol :-)

Hey great map, it has some really nice and detailed towns. Hope you keep working on it, here some constructive feedback:

1- There are some missing p3d and textures that still use A2 paths, i think you can solve that by loading AiA, AiA TP or A3MP, but havent tested yet. Not really that important and i am sure you where already aware of those :) ( also someone already reported it)

2- I totally understand that you need to create your own object pack so your island its standalone in order to participate on MANW contest BUT, after you finish your release for the contest, i think we would appreciate a version that use AiA TP or A3MP buildings instead of your ported ones. That would reduce the size for people that already have those packs( that its most of communities/groups that use other maps).

3- There are a lot of large areas where there is no object at all, only clutter and maybe roads, those sections would need some more work, like bushes, walls, etc.. that would increase the realism of the map

4- Roads would welcome some smoothing, i know there is no automatic tool to do it on A3 yet, but... well.... it would make them more realistic

Awesome, congrats on the release. We will look at ALiVE compatibility for the next ALiVE release!

You both just made my day...

congrats on the release... can't wait to try it tonight

Thank you!

One more thing: Any chance we can get a Lite version of this map for those of us who already use AiA? It seems to me many objects are duplicated by having both...

Our community looks for this but the size is an issue.

Beautiful map, Egil! Just finished flying around looking at it. Thank you for all that hard work, and good luck in the contest :)

Why am I craving waffles now? hmm.

Well, I've gotten to play it. It's quite beautiful, but in Ronne's sawmill there seem to be some peculiar bridges sitting in a space, and one group of them seems to have a graphical problem where if you look from front/back instead of sides, you can kind of see through it. Also, the Ronne air terminal says Altis, not Bornholm or Ronne, though I figure that might be harder to solve without messing with models. And as for the army base near Ronne, it caught my eye that A: there's a peculiar breach in the back with a concrete shelter, and B: there's an awful lot of wrecks sitting around. And one last thing: I couldn't find a pub. Where are the pubs so my FIA comrades can relax? :p

Otherwise, very good job. Runs better than I had expected, what with all those forests. Duodde (or however you spell it, sorry) seems to have the beach looking not too different from the real one, at least as far as satellites are concerned.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd