krzychuzokecia

[WW4 EXT] [SP] Rabbit Hunt

Rabbit Hunt

NxqCsbk.jpg

Mission by Krzychuzokecia

A simple mission utilizing ideas from CSJ's original Rabbit Season. Your task is to hunt as much rabbits as You can, but You'll fail if You won't get at least 15 of them.

Be warned: rabbits are fast runners, so take Your time and don't waste ammo!

Credits:

CSJ - original idea and rabbits' movement script

Kzo - mission.

Requirements:

- Sanctuary's WW4 Modpack 2.5 + updates

- Kenoxite's WW4 Extended 1.0

- Kenoxite's WW4 Extended - Cold War 1.0

- Kenoxite's WW4 Extended - Arctic 1.2 + requirements (Kegety's Winter Nogojev 1.1)

- CSJ Rabbit addon.

Link to download: v 1.01.

Older versions:

1.0 (requires JAM3).

Edited by krzychuzokecia
New version for EXT 1.0
  • Like 1

Haha, nice one.

You almost got me thinking on how to implement a whole hunting system to EXT, a la Deer Hunter.

BTW, the mission doesn't end after you kill all the needed rabbits. It only ends if you run out of ammo, but then it gives you the bad ending score.

And the hosting system you used seems to be legit so far. You just have to enter a CAPTCHA, and the files themselves download fast and clean.

Haha, nice one.

Thanks! ;)

the mission doesn't end after you kill all the needed rabbits. It only ends if you run out of ammo, but then it gives you the bad ending score

Hmm... Are You sure that mission was failed? There are three possible endings:

1. You've run out of ammo without 15 bucks killed (mission failed)

2. You've got 15 bunnies, but run out of ammo later (mission accomplished, but "ammo" task is marked "failed")

3. You've got all the rabbits (mission accomplished fully).

There are 19 rabbits total

As You can see mission doesn't end when one's got 15 rabbits - it waits for player to hunt them all, or miss last bullet. So You may have finished the mission (with 15 rabbits killed), but failed to hunt them all. Though I admit that second ending may appear misleading, mainly because I was too lazy to set up the points. :p

You almost got me thinking on how to implement a whole hunting system to EXT, a la Deer Hunter.

Deer Hunter?? You want to hunt Americans or Vietnamese?! :)

But cheap jokes aside: there is a hunting mod by some Russian modding team, but it's kind of "rough" - more like a technology demo than real playable mod.

A fun little mission, and very good practice. I felt like a real tough guy murdering all those rabbits, it's a good thing they don't shoot back! The mission ended for me, when I killed 15, and then boarded the vehicle.

Dear hunter sounds pretty good. The dear would probably have to be alot more scarce and elusive, but it would make for a great multiplayer challenge. Operation Dearpoint.

A fun little mission, and very good practice. I felt like a real tough guy murdering all those rabbits, it's a good thing they don't shoot back!

Jeez... Are You allright? :P Rabbits are living beings too!

The mission ended for me, when I killed 15, and then boarded the vehicle.

Well, I think that instead of automatic "no-ammo" detector, I'd make mission end by getting into the car. That may work better than it does now.

It doesn't work for me either. If @zulu1 doesn't have it, then we're screwed because my HDD died early in 2017.

I seem to recall playing this, but I can't find it. Will keep looking.