Sign in to follow this  
DirectorsCut

ENB imitation! (color tweaking)

Hi everyone!

Some of you who played GTA 4 maybe familiar with an ENB for that game.

It can make a game look photo realistic!

The thing is, that ENB was specifically design for that game, unfortunately there is no proper ENB for ArmA 2!

If there were one, the drawback of an ENB would be a serious performance hit on the PC (we all know how demanding ArmA 2 already is, any FPS loss in this game is bad)

Since i like cinematography and photography, also making Movie like videos in ArmA 2, i like experimenting with a color!

Now i'm gonna post some Screenshots of default ArmA 2 look and tweaked look!

It is all done using a simple command in editor trigger or a script.

Just to say that there is no performance loss using this command!

This command will not turn your game into something amazing, you will still need a good PC, this is just a bonus on top of the cake

Here is a video from an early stage testing.

In this video it was combination of color tweak in game an in editing software, just to get an idea of what kinda look i wonna achieve!

This video is an actual in game footage using the command

A split picture shoving the difference between Vanila Arma color and the tweaked

1czubU.jpg

NQqDMa.jpg

CcJW3w.jpg

Tweaked

XoMOf2.jpg

TiNL3E.jpg

Tweaked

Tsk8iN.jpg

Ga8GpZ.jpg

Tweaked

Lp1Pzz.jpg

tPkSeh.jpg

Tweaked

47CCgu.jpg

Demo missions download link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/lotwuw

I recommend using a DNK's Skymod with this command

Edited by DirectorsCut

Iam not sure if i can spot the difference in those pictures, for me it looks almost the same, except the tweaked pictures seem to have tad bit weaker colours and darker shadows.

Hi everyone!

There are three commands, one for day, one for dusk/dawn and night (Arma tends to look a little dark around dusk and dawn so i reduced the shadow intensity)

The night color tweak isn't much, there is not much you can do with a night

what do you guys think?

If anyone is interested ill post the COMMAND after a few more tests.

Very interesting. I am an avid ENB user. Some very impressive colour and lighting variations. I am defiantly interested in the commands.

Very interesting. I am an avid ENB user. Some very impressive colour and lighting variations. I am defiantly interested in the commands.

Hey Rellikplug, check the first post, i've updated some new screenshots, video and a download link to the demo mission!