Sign in to follow this  
dondaddah

Map loading screen interupting game play every 10 seconds (?)

I have had a stable system & game since A3 release.

Since the latest game update, & updates to CBA and TFAR

when I get in game a Map Title screen interrupts the game play every 10 seconds.

I am not saying that the updates are the cause, but this only started since then (ie. last night)

I use Arma 3 sync to launch my game.

This happens for All maps, even the default Altis and Stratis.

Any ideas?

Windows 7, 64 bit

AMD HD 5800 x2 (XFire off) <-- a updated to latest drivers already tried

Intel i7

RPT file available via PM for anyone who can use that to diagnose my problem.

Here's to keeping my fingers and toes crossed that someone had a similar experience

and can recommend a fix.

Edited by dondaddah
RESOLVED

This have been a problem on the dev branch for a long time now. Can't believe they didn't fix it before stable release.

It's only when you host a MP game, right?

Report:

Pvt C. Cannon & Pvt Yordy came to the rescue.

Both spent the time to patiently listen to my symptoms,

walked back thruough my installation processes, and by a further

process of elimination, adding one addon at a time to run the game,

narrowed the problem down to a faulty TFAR installation.

Pvt C. Cannon painstakingly walked me thru the clean and proper way

to update TFAR and the plugins, and that seem to have fixed my issue.

They did in fact have me roll back to v.0.9.3

I am grateful to both for the assist.

/W

Strange, I don't run TFAR but still have the same bug. It happens both with and without mods.

Could you share a little more details on how you fixed it? (what files did you remove) Did it happened all the time or only when you hosted a MP game?

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

For me it seem to have been the TFAR.

I haven't had the screen interruptions since then.

I even went ahead and updated TFAR to 0.9.5 and the problem has NOT resurfaced ... yet.

There are others in the Unit of which I am a member, of others having the same problem

and theirs was not tied to TFAR.

I'll return here if the problem returns, or if I can share any further insight or possible solutions.

IRIE.

Im getting this now, wtf this is annoying.

Something with the update as I did not have this before the update.

Yup, getting it now, annoying as fuck making coop with my mates unplayable.

I got this ONLY on dev branch before, now they moved this shite into stable.. fucked it all up.

What did BI even do? Loading screens every 10 seconds littearly makes it 100% unplayable in coop with my freinds.

Its not my computer, its not my internet, its not how im hosting.. its the update, and importantly

its not addons. (tested with/without various addons, on various maps, no difference)

This is a game issue from dev branch that has surfaced in stable now that they moved their shit over, it happens on any sort of hosted mp (off my computer) when my friends play, which worked 100% fine before, and I confirm its from the update. Only I (the host) get this problem, but now I am also getting some major fucked up vehicle desync in coop too, not sure if related to this specific problem.

Heres the feedback tracker ticket for this issue

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21201

I reported on there. I tested with and without addons, i even built a small mission with a squad and 1 player and within a min of starting the mission I was getting

the loading screen, then it was like 10 sec no loading screen, then 10 sec a loading screen, constantly.

I hope this gets fixed soon because this is unplayable.

Looks like this is getting alot of priority on the feedback tracker, alot of feedback from a few guys and looks like BIS is analyzing for a cause.

If anyone uses the MP editor for editing, you can still edit mp missions through the sp editor, what i do, and just transfer the folder, export is the same for both editors.

As for playing hosted missions well thats on hold til the issue gets resolved.

Good to see this is now being looked into. I haven't been able to play co-op for about a month because of this.

Thank you Günter for answer on my request.

Do I understand it correct, the problem is known from BIS and our only hope is to wait for next update? Because Steam found every time when I´m searching for errors a bug and correct it, but it doesn´t help.

Greetings

Waidmann

Okay I finally figured out what causes the problem for me.

This mission by Dixon: "]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=272240034&searchtext=training+redux [^] :mad:

As soon as i unsubscribe from that, the lag disappears. Something weired added into that one, I haven't unpbo to see whats inside, can't find the mission in the convoluted steam folder system.

Does anyone know where all the subscribed steam stuff is stored?

Thank you Günter for answer on my request.

Welcome buddy.

the problem is known from BIS and our only hope is to wait for next update?

I would like to hope not, but imo i did not have this problem before the latest patch so I think its definitely a part of the patch, so yes wait for them and see

what they come up with but then like the poster above me keep searching, it could be something you havent' discovered yet.

Does anyone know where all the subscribed steam stuff is stored?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161607-Missions-download-by-Steam-Workshop-%28where-it-stored-%29

Seems, this problem is now a HVT for Bohemia. Sounds so in the feedbacktracker. I hope they find and kill him with no mercy, this ugly bug.

Two guys write in the feedbacktracker that renaming profile is the key, but it doesn´t work for me. Any other news?

As 2nd Ranger above said I also can confirm, I deleted my workshop file and dont have the issue anymore.

Since the last November-Update the bug is away. Haven´t cleaned my Workshop-Content, and although all is o.k.