Lala14

[Release]Some Scripts(MineDetector w/ sound)(Vanilla to xMed1 Converter) & moar

So I've made these scripts for my clan and thought I ought to release them to the public for use.

Minedetector w/ sound (WIP)

Current Public Version: Alpha 0.6

Date: 2015-02-27

Description: Plays a sound that changes it pitch and interval rate when you being to get closer to a Mine. Is always on unless the mission author enables the addAction which requires players to hit the addAction to enable the mine detector. Intended for servers that do not have 3D spotting enabled.

Download DropBox

Download ArmAHolic

Vanilla to xMed1 Converter

Current Public Version: 1.2.1

Date: 2014-09-16

Description: Converts Vanilla medical items (FAKs & Medikit) into usable items for xMed. The current set is designed to leave the player with the exact weight that he should be at when converting. Also automatically gives a player earplugs if one does not have one. Requires the item to be in the player's inventory first!

Download DropBox

Download ArmAHolic

Repair Script

Current Public Version: 1.08 Final

Date: 2014-06-23

Description: Designed for The Great Altis Race, allows for a mission maker to let players who have a ToolKit in their inventory to repair a vehicle up to a specific amount depending on the mission maker's set damage.

Download DropBox

Download ArmAHolic

3D Items

Current Public Version: 1.2

Date: 2014-05-29

Contributing Author: Kilzone_Kid (original piece of code)

Description: Uses Kilzone_Kid's 3D items and makes these work on all items in game when a player is 10m away from such item/weapon/magazine.

- I think I might start to work on this again.

Download DropBox

Download ArmAHolic

Crater Cleaner & Destroyed Vehicle Remover

Current Public Version: 1.2

Date: 2014-11-04

Description: Adds the ability to the CRV-6e Bobcat to be able to remove craters created by crashed planes and remove destroyed vehicles. Intended for airports but may be used during the battlefield. Maybe I could add the function to repair a completely destroyed vehicle? added as an option

Download DropBox

Download ArmAHolic

Auxiliary Sling Loading Script

Current Public Version: 1.11

Date: 2014-12-18

Description: Acts similar to the current sling loading but allows for you to sling other things such as tanks and stuff.

Download DropBox

Download ArmAHolic

Credits

Tajin for help with some of these scripts

Kilzone_Kid for his code on the 3D items

39th Battalion for testing some of these scripts

License

If you are to modify any of these scripts please Name them something else to not confuse users and to make sure you give proper credits to the original script creator/s. If any of these scripts cause any sort of damage I am not held responsible. I cannot also confirm if these scripts will work in harmony with other scripts in ArmA.

More to come possibly soon...

Maybe post some suggestions?

Edited by Lala14
ArmAHolic
  • Like 1

Hi, I been trying to get the Aux Slingloading script to work on a dedicated server. With the script any of the vehicles I try to sling get destroyed on contact with the attachment. I can get it to work in the editor if I add "_obj allowDamage false;" in the "AuxSling_fnc_TheAttaching" section with "_obj allowDamage true;" at the end of that section to be able to take damage again. If anyone could guide me to what I am doing wrong or know how to fix it be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I been trying to get the Aux Slingloading script to work on a dedicated server. With the script any of the vehicles I try to sling get destroyed on contact with the attachment. I can get it to work in the editor if I add "_obj allowDamage false;" in the "AuxSling_fnc_TheAttaching" section with "_obj allowDamage true;" at the end of that section to be able to take damage again. If anyone could guide me to what I am doing wrong or know how to fix it be greatly appreciated.

Hey I quickly just added this in, but I don't have any time to test it (currently out), there should be a new variable called "AuxSling_indestructibleLoad". if you set that to 1 it should make it that the slingload should not explode.

AuxSlingLoading.sqf (dev, v1.12)

If you get to test it before I get to come home, please tell me if it did work and if it didn't work I'll try one other way.

Hey I quickly just added this in, but I don't have any time to test it (currently out), there should be a new variable called "AuxSling_indestructibleLoad". if you set that to 1 it should make it that the slingload should not explode.

AuxSlingLoading.sqf (dev, v1.12)

If you get to test it before I get to come home, please tell me if it did work and if it didn't work I'll try one other way.

I tried out the ver 1.12 and it doesn't protect the obj vehicle at all. This was tested in the editor, not sure if that makes a difference.

For the mine detector/metal detector, is there a way to increase the sound? It should be louder than what it is. Someone from 20 meters away should here it to. Also is the sound local to the player or can anyone hear it?

I tried out the ver 1.12 and it doesn't protect the obj vehicle at all. This was tested in the editor, not sure if that makes a difference.

I'll take another look later, sorry life is just getting in the way, probably by the end of the week I can possibly fix it.

For the mine detector/metal detector, is there a way to increase the sound? It should be louder than what it is. Someone from 20 meters away should here it to. Also is the sound local to the player or can anyone hear it?

it uses the playSound3D command which is supposed to be global(so yea anyone can hear it), if you want to, you can modify the parameters of this command to adjust the distance and how loud the sound is played (just find the single line that has the playSound3D part 5th, 6th & 7th parameters of that array).

I'll take another look later, sorry life is just getting in the way, probably by the end of the week I can possibly fix it.

No worries, IRL is more important than the game stuff. Thank you for taking your time to work on it. I will look at as well and see what I can break, lol

No worries, IRL is more important than the game stuff. Thank you for taking your time to work on it. I will look at as well and see what I can break, lol

Hey I had a little bit of spare time and I was able to test it which it seems to be doing what it was supposed to do some I'm confused why it didn't work for you (dev) anyway I've updated that link so that if the chopper gets shot down and the vehicle lives somehow, it will be detached so it is drivable

Ok I tested the new version and works great in editor. Once I put it on the server only vehicles that don't get damaged are the ones I place down by Zeus. Any vehicle I place down via the editor gets damaged. I tried using one test map with no labels for the men or any vehicles. I also made the same map with all men and vehicles labeled with a name in the top box. Is there anything I am doing different that's causing this issue? Seems as it's staying client side and not getting broadcasted on the server? Thank you again for the help and if there is anything you like me to try, let me know.

Edit :

So I had some extra time today and tested the script out. I also commented out with "//" on the "allowdamage true" lines to see what happens. What I found out is it still slightly damages some of the vehicle, as all the boxes were yellow instead of all the wheels destroyed. They were also indestructible after being released which is a great sign. Helicopters and jets would explode right away when I would attach to them. This was done all on the dedicated server only. I wanted to know where I place the code for the init line. I have placed it in both the server init file and I also tried it in the init box for the choppers when I was in the editor.

Edited by ruckinjoe

Hi, I have been using the mine detector script for quite awhile, and enjoying it with no problems. Recently tried the BTC revive with same mission, which gives a script error with MDLALA_fnc_Condition_Detect, after being revived. I'm not really familiar with how revive scripts work, any ideas how to resolve this?

*EDIT* Tried Farooq's Revive, it is compatible. Must be the way respawn is dealt with.

Edited by PlacidPaul

Ok I tested the new version and works great in editor. Once I put it on the server only vehicles that don't get damaged are the ones I place down by Zeus. Any vehicle I place down via the editor gets damaged. I tried using one test map with no labels for the men or any vehicles. I also made the same map with all men and vehicles labeled with a name in the top box. Is there anything I am doing different that's causing this issue? Seems as it's staying client side and not getting broadcasted on the server? Thank you again for the help and if there is anything you like me to try, let me know.

Edit :

So I had some extra time today and tested the script out. I also commented out with "//" on the "allowdamage true" lines to see what happens. What I found out is it still slightly damages some of the vehicle, as all the boxes were yellow instead of all the wheels destroyed. They were also indestructible after being released which is a great sign. Helicopters and jets would explode right away when I would attach to them. This was done all on the dedicated server only. I wanted to know where I place the code for the init line. I have placed it in both the server init file and I also tried it in the init box for the choppers when I was in the editor.

All right so I'm now sure that it shouldn't explode on dedicated servers! Please test this on the latest dev version and tell me if it works!

Hi, I have been using the mine detector script for quite awhile, and enjoying it with no problems. Recently tried the BTC revive with same mission, which gives a script error with MDLALA_fnc_Condition_Detect, after being revived. I'm not really familiar with how revive scripts work, any ideas how to resolve this?

*EDIT* Tried Farooq's Revive, it is compatible. Must be the way respawn is dealt with.

I am aware of this error, I tried to fix it earlier on, I'll try again now since I have some spare time.

EDIT

Try this (dev version) and please tell me if it worked or not.

Edited by Lala14

I'm trying your sling load script. I am using the UH-80 and have tried lifting the offroad and hunter. Once the action is selected, all four tires blow out from both vehicles. Also, I was not able to sling load a long container. Looking forward to the update. Thanks!

Try this (dev version) and please tell me if it worked or not.
Yep, the .61 minedetector.sqf works with BTC. Thanks

What I noticed is the first vehicle works fine, any vehicle after that gets destroyed.

In minedetector is posible detect a mine 15 m away ? I try change in line 64   >6 but not running. (Sorry for my english)

In minedetector is posible detect a mine 15 m away ? I try change in line 64   >6 but not running. (Sorry for my english)

I added in a variable called MDMineDetectorDistance at the top of the script which you can change to a specific distance radius.

download dev (version 0.62)

hmm for some reason dropbox is not syncing, I'll see if I can fix it or I may post another mirror just worked

Hi lala14,

thanks for your scripts.

If got one question, feature request for your Minedetector

Is it possible to add other Metal Stuff, so that the Detector also detect all kinds of vehicles or "Land_IronPipes_F" or something?

It works flawless with the standard vehicles - thanks for that. 

Is there a command to include other "not default" vehicles from other mod, to be able to slingload them with the script. 

Hi lala14,

thanks for your scripts.

If got one question, feature request for your Minedetector

Is it possible to add other Metal Stuff, so that the Detector also detect all kinds of vehicles or "Land_IronPipes_F" or something?

It's possible just the code will need to be re written as it was done specifically to detect mines while Land stuff is not under the mine stuff.

It works flawless with the standard vehicles - thanks for that. 

Is there a command to include other "not default" vehicles from other mod, to be able to slingload them with the script.

If you enter the script and go done a few lines you will find these arrays, AuxSling_light_config, AuxSling_medium_config, AuxSling_heavy_config. You can then enter into each array a specific classname of a vehicle in one of the arrays from there and it should be able to lift it, in the end you can also enable AuxSling_EveryVehicles which will allow any vehicle to be sling loaded.
  • Like 1

It's possible just the code will need to be re written as it was done specifically to detect mines while Land stuff is not under the mine stuff.

If you enter the script and go done a few lines you will find these arrays, AuxSling_light_config, AuxSling_medium_config, AuxSling_heavy_config. You can then enter into each array a specific classname of a vehicle in one of the arrays from there and it should be able to lift it, in the end you can also enable AuxSling_EveryVehicles which will allow any vehicle to be sling loaded.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. 

Hi

I am very new to scripting and I have been trying to get the Crater Cleaner & Destroyed Vehicle Remover to work

I have added the line null = [] execVM "cratercleaner.sqf"; to the vehicle init and I think I am right by putting the cratercleaner.sqf file in the mission folder and set the CCAbleToRepair to =1. I am not sure of any other settings after that so I have not changed them.

When I start the game, I briefly see the notice Crater Cleaner Initiated (or something like that) on the screen for a couple of seconds.

After that, nothing happens when I drive up to a damaged vehicle or a bomb crater.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave