Sign in to follow this  
VALROKOFFICIAL

Script to make tripmine inactive but present

Hello forum!

I have tried to gather information about this for quite a while now; but no luck on the HOURS of trying to hunt down a piece of advice, pointing me in the direction of what I need.

So I figured I would post this up, as I am sure we do have a few people out there, wishing to know this as well:

I am in the making of a "trip flare"; with my own custom sound to give the feeling of something launching into the air. Therefore, I am using the "say 3D" command on a dented can, next to my trigger.

I do not have anything VISUALLY suggesting there is a tripwire of any kind; which is why I wanted to use an AP Tripwire mine (that one actually looks like a tripflare).

Do anyone know if there is any possibility of making an AP tripwire mine "inactive" (read: does not actually blow up when activated, but instead links to the script of my trigger)? If it is able to do so; would the script still be limited to be activated only ONCE and not REPEATEDLY (avoiding an activation of the tripwire, flare shoots into the air, and running back over it then activates another flare).

Another question, but regarding the AP tripwire mine itself: Am I able to control to elevation on this in the editor? It does not seem like it, at the moment, when I am putting one down and manually changing the elevation on the object.

Thanks guys!

-V.

I would tell you to use enableSimulation, but that would (I think) stop the mine from triggering at all, but it would solve your elevation problem :).

So enableSimulation would get your inactive tripwire, however, it wouldn't still trigger if someone "tripped" it, so you may hve to script in a bit of distance checking or something of the sort with the players.

Edited by JShock

Yes, but I think if you want the mine to still "activate", trip, enableSimulation would also disable that. Unless you were just looking for the mine to be completely disabled, then enableSimulation would be the answer :p.

So "x enableSimulation true;" would disarm the mine, and allow for the elevation to be adjusted?

false, enableSimulation false

false, enableSimulation false

Thanks for the catch, I responded to this thread this morning, brain was definitely not all there yet :p.

"[name] enableSimulation false;" does not work for me. The tripwire mine goes off every single time.

I assume "[name]" is the variable name of the mine?

In the init field of the mine you just put:

this enableSimulation false;

It is.

I have tried this initially, in the init of the mine itself "this enableSimulation false;". Didn't help anything.

You can't use the init box of mines, it's disabled you would need to name the object and run a script or place code in a trigger.

this will disable the mine and place it one meter in the air.

minename enableSimulationGlobal false;minename setpos (minename modelToWorld [0,0,1])

runs as script or from trigger on act box

I wonder if a "fired" eventhandler works on mines and explosives.

Has anyone ever tried ?

I wonder if a "fired" eventhandler works on mines and explosives.

Has anyone ever tried ?

Yes a while back, they also don't work for mines.

I did make a feedback at the time as you can't addactions either

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6776

Edited by F2k Sel

Ah, thanks. I kinda expected that. :/