johnnyboy

JBOY Burning/Exploding Barrel script - released

Here's a demo mission featuring my burning exploding barrel scripts.

Edit: Version 5 on August 8, 2016: Added option to respawn exploding barrels after a delay.  Credits for this go to Dr. Death Jim who provided the barrel respawn script.  In the demo mission, the 3 barrels on the road have the additional call to respawn the barrels.  This should be MP compatible.  For respawn, add this line of code to the barrel's init line:

_nul = [this, 2, 1] execVM "barrelRespawn.sqf"; // the 3rd parameter is # of minutes to delay before respawn (1 minute in this example)

Download the mission files from dropbox and put them where your editor missions are, and you can see how its put together.

Download from Armaholic

I have tested it on a dedicated server, so I believe it is MP compatible.

To use in your mission you will need to

1. Copy code from init.sqf.
2. Copy JBOY script directory.
3. Copy sound files in Sound directory.
4. Copy the sound class entries from the description.ext file.

This script is featured in my Leper Island Coop mission, which I hope you will try. Please post some feedback on the Leper Island mission if you can.

As far as usage of this script, feel free to use and modify it any way you like and include in any mission. Just try and remember to credit me somewhere. :)

And see this script featured in my new mission Property of Mabunga:

Edited by johnnyboy
New version.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great looking script Johnny, cool effects, nice :cool:.

Thanks JShock! It was fun to make. The chain reactions can get crazy and unpredictable. :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Glad you guys like it!

@Foxhoiund: I made the front page of Armaholic! Woohoo! Women are going to be all over me now! Thanks, Foxhound. Added Armaholic link to first post.

Women are going to be all over me now!

You may need a few more exploding barrels for that to happen :p.

That's some good stuff right there... thanks for the script

2014-10-16_00001_zpsdcf3f3cb.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic Cosmic. It is very heart warming to know my script is out there helping guys to torch poor AI loons.

I'm thinking of modifying this to reduce the damage from the explosion so less nearby loons will die instantly, and more will burn for awhile instead. Not sure how to do that though because the least powerful spawned explosion I could find was a trip mine. Maybe if I setpos it below ground level a meter or two then it will do less damage. I'll work on it.

Thanks for posting the pic Cosmic. It is very heart warming to know my script is out there helping guys to torch poor AI loons.

I'm thinking of modifying this to reduce the damage from the explosion so less nearby loons will die instantly, and more will burn for awhile instead. Not sure how to do that though because the least powerful spawned explosion I could find was a trip mine. Maybe if I setpos it below ground level a meter or two then it will do less damage. I'll work on it.

Lol... got another winner I'll post when I'm home...

The ground thing might work... it's a pretty good mix of explosions and doods running around on fire already... I have an idea I might try... I'll see what happens and let you know if it's any good... likely won't work but in arma trying is half the fun... k maybe only a third but still....

edit for pic

2014-10-16_00006_zps6575d5db.jpg

Edited by CosmiC10R

I used snippets of your script just for the reason it makes creating Fire/Smoke Objects much more easy then setting it all up by myself (I'm slow in coding).

Result can be seen here:

(Possibility of burning enemy bodies will play a significant role in the TvT mission I'm working on. Bringing all men home dead or alive will be key... the possibility of OPFOR burning them ensures BLUFOR evacuate their fallen members properly)

(Possibility of burning enemy bodies will play a significant role in the TvT mission I'm working on. Bringing all men home dead or alive will be key... the possibility of OPFOR burning them ensures BLUFOR evacuate their fallen members properly)

That was really cool! Thanks for posting that vid. Pantsing, torching, to bones! Very cool. :cool:

Glad I could help.

That was really cool! Thanks for posting that vid. Pantsing, torching, to bones! Very cool. :cool:

Glad I could help.

My pleasure! Have to actually try your script like its meant to be, only watched the YT vid so far :D

Wow, I've been thinking too on something like this, but script is so good that I can free up some CPU cycles in my brain!

Thanks for sharing!

Zapat and Nomisum: Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoy it. It can definitely spice up a mission.

Original post updated with Version 2 of this script. Only change was I replaced the scream sound files with my own original sounds to prevent any potential licensing issues for MANW contest. The old scream sounds were files i downloaded free from the web years ago, but don't remember where I got them.

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Love it! I have a coop mission which involves destroying a fuel depot, this will be a perfect addition!

Right on, Lightspeed, I look forward to seeing it in action. Post a screenshot or vid if you get a chance.

Hello guys!

I can't get the fire working. Only the explosion shows up, without fire. Its weird

EDIT: In fact, there is no radius explosion, only a little smoke when the barrel goes up, no explosion, no fire no nothing. Any ideas ?

Edited by LouisV