Sign in to follow this  
mrphaam

Whenever i try to join a server in arma 2 multiplayer, this always happens.

"you cannot play edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content" it usually gives me a list of files some with dayz, some servers with no dayz files. i have tried joining numerous servers for the past 2 days, all with the same error but each different files

i only have arma 2 operation arrowhead installed

how do i fix this?

The messge:

"you cannot play edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content"
is clear enough, isn it?

You need to download and install required addons to play on the server.

If you want to play on DAYZ server you have to download instal and run DAYZ mod.

If you want to play on ACE serwer you need to download CBA, ACE, ACEX, and some other mods.

If you want to play on WWII serwer, you need to download I44

ETC.

SO there is what you need to do:

1.Find a server

2.Find out wich mods are required to play on the server

3. download them from ARMAHOLIC

4.Install them using the recomended instalation method

5.Run the game with the required addons

6. join the server

7.play

Or easier method:

1.Download and instal Play with Six

2. set up Play with Six (use readme or find setup instructions on their website)

3. In play with six just select the server, and press update. It will download instal and run all the required mods, and then it will automatically run the game and connecct you to the server. Play with Six is method iam using.

Edited by Mirek

minor addendum to mireks great post

or, if the server doesn't support playwithsix, like if it runs a mod pack that is not on their database, or not the same version (like our servers)

then the host will hopefully include their website in the server name, so take a note of it and go visit their site and find out how to connect.

welcome to arma multiplayer!

there are also a lot of ways to run mods:

1. using PWS - simple but uses a lot of disk space if you visit many custom servers, and not foolproof, i.e. it won't let you join our servers.

2. using the expansions list in the game menu (a bit laborious)

3. using a launcher - can be hard to get working with steam, but some people swear by it

4. using a -mod=@modname1;@modname2 etc startup parameter in steam (which can break the arma 2 inclusion to arrowhead)

5. using a -par=c:\mods.txt (this is a simple text file running your -mod line above) which does NOT break your arma 2/ arrowhead patching together process in steam

6. using a batch file - google that as i don't know how to do it

it's a very rewarding game, but not at all easy to install and maintain. it's definitely not for kids... well it is an 18 eh.

our process is detailed here in case it helps

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php/16-ArmA-2/430-Official-Patches/Page-4.html#3959

also - you may need Arma 2 to go with your Operation Arrowhead to play online on many servers.

and we and many others use this free DLC multiplayer compatibility patch (A2 and OA required for it) called ACR lite, which unhelpfully does not ship with the games, in steam or in PWS...

http://www.arma2.com/download/805

"you cannot play edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content" it usually gives me a list of files some with dayz, some servers with no dayz files. i have tried joining numerous servers for the past 2 days, all with the same error but each different files

i only have arma 2 operation arrowhead installed

how do i fix this?

Everybody i know that has Arma 2 OA also has Arma 2 because OA runs off of it. So you must install Arma 2 and run it then install OA for it to install all necessary files, you may also have to transfer the addons from your Arma 2 folder to the OA folder. Hope this works.

Everybody i know that has Arma 2 OA also has Arma 2 because OA runs off of it. So you must install Arma 2 and run it then install OA for it to install all necessary files, you may also have to transfer the addons from your Arma 2 folder to the OA folder. Hope this works.

No need to transfer arma2 addon to your OA folder. It will work just fine.

i think he meant the mods. i'm not sure mods will show up in expansions list is they are in A2 in steam, they must be in OA folder i think.

Yep! As Eggbeast says, they have to be in OA folder.

You can always ask other players on that spesific server for assistance, gamers are generally nice people (as you can see by replys) ;)

The spesific notation means your prefeered server might need more/other addons compared with what you currently have installed .

I have a error code for CA water 2 frgata and CA water2_destroyer I not sure where to get these.   Any help thank you. I am on steam.

I have a error code for CA water 2 frgata and CA water2_destroyer I not sure where to get these.   Any help thank you. I am on steam.

What Error code? Error that says they are missing, Like that "You cannot play/edit this mission it is depending on......" or other error, Where do you get the error? Playing mission? connecting to server? Doing something ingame?  

Do you have BOTH Arma2 and Arma2 OA instaled? Big ships are part of Arma2 they are not in Arma 2 OA. So if you miss them, you need to install Arma 2.

I have the steam version Of  ARMA II operation arrowhead.    It was entering into a DIMROD server.   I changed from Windows 7 to 10 about 3 weeks ago.   I removed the reinstalled through steam.     I have no Mod s the battle eye works ok.    OK I will reinstall Arma II basic first.