Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

[WIP] CorePatch: config patch for ArmA 2 OA

There is also a "bug" which makes planes' pilots immediately eject once the plane is hit by AA missile despite the plane being fully function (only dammaged), because for an unknown reason dammage limit for eject is set to 45%, which I find to be pretty low.

And there is no need for pilots to eject since if they eject flying over sea or land several kms from AO they won't run to AO to continue to fight with their AK-74SU or MP-5 nor will they land on airfield for repair.

Therefor I suggest to set this dammage limit value to let say 0.9 for 90% dammage before eject.

Here is the report: 23378.

Thank you for your feedback groove!

One thing: I can't reproduce the bug of the plane falling like a stone when destroyed. Have you a repro mission, please? I've tested so many times in the editor and I can't reproduce the problem

Thank you again!!

Thank you for your feedback groove!

One thing: I can't reproduce the bug of the plane falling like a stone when destroyed. Have you a repro mission, please? I've tested so many times in the editor and I can't reproduce the problem

Thank you again!!

I can't reproduce it in editor as well.

But this happens all the time on our server since update from 24.08. Before the update everything worked quit good.

I should also mention that we use ASR AI on our server. But as I sad, before last update even with ASR AI everything was ok.

Have disable ASR AI on our server. We will see if it helps.

Planes are still falling down like stones once destroyed even without ASR AI.

This must have something to do with CorePatch as I didn't changed anything in server config or in the mission itself.

Before it worked like usual.

So with no changes to server config or/and mission it's a little bit strange.

They fall like a stone only when destroyed. But if only dammaged and pilot ejects, the plane falls down normally.

There are also few bugs introduced recently (may be today?)

1. T-90 gunner can set zeroing to 4000 m and with steps of 200 m instead of 100 m and 3000 m.

2. T-72 commander has it's optics changed to those found on BVP1_TK_ACR (BMP-1 taki actually) where you can only observe (no gun mounted).

can only rotate horizontally (not vertically)

can't shoot from DShK 12.7 mm

it says PKT instead and can't shoot as well

zeroing appears to be set to 300 m with no possibility to change it.

BTR-90's + Vodnik's (BPPU) default zeroing is somehow set to 300 only. Should be @ 600 m by default.

Haven't tested othere vehicles.

T-90 gunner can set zeroing to 4000 m and with steps of 200 m instead of 100 m.

Can you provide info about range of zeroing (currently it's 600 - 4000 m)?

T-72 commander has it's optics changed to those found on BVP1_TK_ACR (BMP-1 taki actually) where you can only observe (no gun mounted)

This is because commander's optics of BVP1 is named optika_T72_commander. So I changed T72 commander's optics model to optika_T72_commander. Am I wrong?

can only rotate horizontally (not vertically)

can't shoot from DShK 12.7 mm

zeroing appears to be set to 300 m with no possibility to change it.

I'm very unsure that commander's MGs of T72 and M1A1 can be remotely controlled. So I changed inGunnerMayFire variable to 0. Unfortunately this resulted to inability to rotate MG vertically, change zeroing and shoot from MG when commander turned in.

it says PKT instead

Where? It says DShKM for me.

BTR-90's + Vodnik's (BPPU) default zeroing is somehow set to 300 only. Should be @ 600 m by default.

OK. What about BRDM-2, Ural with ZSU-23, BTR60, etc.? For which vehicles zeroing should be 600 m? Armored wheeled?

Thanks for report!

P. S.

Can you provide more info about zeroings, weapons, stabilization, etc. of turrets? I found info of stabilization only for main gun related not commander's optics.

So you basicly don't double check in editor things you've changed before applying/publishing them. And you only rely on file's naming which can be wrong. Bad approach!

BVP-1 commander optics don't have scale/crosshair, because they were designed for observation only like those found on BMP-2, BMP-3, T-34 and T-55 without gun mounted.

Please, revert it back to the optics that were mounted before.

goliath86 has already set zeroing for armor's main caliber to 3000 m. So please, leave it this way.

Default zeroing distance is related to gun type and not to vehicle type.

So following your approach, we should for exemple have Stryker with 105 mm main gun with zeroing to 300 m instead of 600 m, because it's a wheeled vehicle?

Planes are still falling down like stones once destroyed even without ASR AI.

This must have something to do with CorePatch as I didn't changed anything in server config or in the mission itself.

Before it worked like usual.

So with no changes to server config or/and mission it's a little bit strange.

They fall like a stone only when destroyed. But if only dammaged and pilot ejects, the plane falls down normally.

Hi groove!

I'm working on fixing this annoying bug. I can reproduce it only on a dedi server but not on SP or self hosted multyplayer server. I've reverted back all the config changes made with the 24.08 corepatch's update but the problem still. So I assume that this problem has to do with something else and it seems script-related and not dependant on config changes. I will try to further investigate! ;)

• Like 1

So you basicly don't double check in editor things you've changed before applying/publishing them. And you only rely on file's naming which can be wrong. Bad approach!

Sorry, but I didn't see optics of military vehicles. So sometimes I consider model names.

BVP-1 commander optics don't have scale/crosshair, because they were designed for observation only like those found on BMP-2, BMP-3, T-34 and T-55 without gun mounted.

Please, revert it back to the optics that were mounted before.

OK, I'll fix it. Do I return BVP1 commander's optics to BMP2 optics too?

goliath86 has already set zeroing for armor's main caliber to 3000 m. So please, leave it this way.

Do you mean that zeroing of T90 should be reduced to 3000 m?

Default zeroing distance is related to gun type and not to vehicle type.

So following your approach, we should for exemple have Stryker with 105 mm main gun with zeroing to 300 m instead of 600 m, because it's a wheeled vehicle?

Do you want to say that vehicles with cannons should has default zeroing @ 600 m?

P. S.

You can send me detailed report in russian lang using PM.

Do I return BVP1 commander's optics to BMP2 optics too?

Do you mean that zeroing of T90 should be reduced to 3000 m?

Do you want to say that vehicles with cannons should has default zeroing @ 600 m?

Yes, put BMP-1 optics on BMP-2.

Yes, reduce to 3000 m.

Yes, default @ 600 m, but with possibility to set lower. Like 100 m?

I've found the problem on planes and choppers falling like stones on dedi servers. It is a problem on a script of the Fire-In-The-Sky fix so this bug is present from the earlier versions of CorePatch. I don't know how it has been noticed only now.

Now it's time to fix it!

Thanks groove_c for the report!

goliath86

• Like 1

goliath86, Su-34 acceleration speed must be reworked as well.
Because Su-34 has a higher max speed than F-35, but it takes fare more time to reach it. And this is totally wrong as F-35 and Su-34 have virtually the same thrust to weight ratio. 1.01 for F-35 and 0.99 for Su-34.
F-35 is certainly lighter than Su-34 but has only one engine and this one engine is weaker than the one from Su-34 that has even two of them.

RPG-18 and M-136 rockets should be inside tubes and not take place in invetory as they are not supposed to since they are single use.

YakB-12.7 mm canon with 4 barrels found on Mi-24D/V is almost 4 times weaker than Kord, DShK or M2 canons with only one relatively low speed barrel.

Issue Nr.25593

To destroy LAV-25 you need 180 M2 rounds and 620 YakB rounds.

YakB rate of fire 4000-5000 rpm

M2 RoF 485-635 rpm

Kord RoF 600-700 rpm

DShK RoF 600 rpm

Mk-19 static and mounted on vehicles has its 1st person aiming view misaligned when looking at the iron sight.

zoAyS2s.jpg

DShKM mounted on Offroad_DSHKM_INS, Offroad_DSHKM_Gue and on Offroad_DSHKM_TK_GUE_EP1 has its 1st person aiming view misplaced making you look directly at the iron sight as opposed to UAZ_MG_INS where 1st person aiming view is properly placed making you look at the iron sight through a metallic frame. I understand that both gunners are in different stances, bit this isn't a problem as you may already know. They can still look being in these stances in 3rd/1st person view but having the correct view in 1st person when aiming. Good exemple of such implementation are Mi-8 door gunners in 1st person view and in 1st person aiming view.

dJdVCYW.jpg

qH7e0Cb.jpg

8ygsl3w.jpg

Bqz4Tyo.jpg

PKT mounted on Pickup_PK_INS, Pickup_PK_GUE and on Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1 has no 1st person aiming view through the iron sight as opposed to GAZ_Vodnik.

UZSOUdb.jpg

4EeQWLR.jpg

T6tzwuv.jpg

Tevpzut.jpg

RPG-18 has its 1st person aiming view misplaced when looking at the iron sight.

See the orange dot on the screen attahced for reference.

1st person aiming view should be placed behind the metallic plate, so you look at the iron sight through it when aiming.

See the green dot on the screen attahced for reference.

SgLsZZK.jpgJ1wnzFg.jpg

diAWibg.jpg

HzhpCni.jpg

Igla 9K38 has its 1st person aiming view misplaced when looking at the iron sight.

1st person aiming view should be placed behind the metallic plate, so you look at the iron sight through it when aiming.

See screens attached for reference and solution.

4eK76wS.jpg

FwgtVte.jpg

ApVWH3u.jpg

RPG-7V has its 1st person aiming view misplaced when looking at the iron sight.

See the orange dot on the screen attahced for reference.

See the green dot on the screen attahced for reference.

kevfpuA.jpg

E9Wqibc.jpg

kexPWRW.jpg

4pP8xqj.jpg

goliath86, don't know if this is something you can fix or if it's a JSRS issue, but the following weapons:

G36a 

G36K 

G36A_camo 

G36K_camo

use the default OA sounds, while these weapons:

G36C

G36C_camo

MG36 

MG36_camo

use the JSRS sounds.

Also, the:

m8_SAW

uses the OA sound, while all the other M8s use the JSRS sound.

DShKM mounted on BTR40_MG_TK_INS_EP1 and on BTR40_MG_TK_GUE_EP1 has its 1st person aiming view misplaced making you look directly at the iron sight as opposed to UAZ_MG_INS where 1st person aiming view is properly placed making you look at the iron sight through a metallic frame. I understand that both gunners are in different stances, bit this isn't a problem as you may already know. They can still look being in these stances in 3rd/1st person view but having the correct view in 1st person when aiming. Good exemple of such implementation are Mi-8 door gunners in 1st person view and in 1st person aiming view.

Ye6hG2v.jpg

XLZmg0k.jpg

M32_EP1 grenade laucher mounted on Ka60_GL_PMC has its 1st person aiming view misaligned when looking at the optical scope.

2fM4CQU.jpg

kvIULQT.jpg