Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

[WIP] CorePatch: config patch for ArmA 2 OA

After the latest (3.4.2015) Arma II Operation Arrowhead betapatch through Steamworks a lot people seem to get this error when trying to launch the game:

Addon 'Corepath' requires addon 'CAAir_ACR_L159'. I guess they added corepatch to the official release and now there is a problem loading up ACR Lite?

The game launches after you press OK, but you cannot join any multiplayer server. It just hangs at Authenticating and the client gets disconnected.

Removing the whole "..\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons"-directory and redownloading it does not help.

corepatch4.jpg

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

FAQ: there is known issue with ACR dependency (need to install ACR full or ACR lite)

ACR Lite installer (http://www.arma2.com/download/805) reports: !!! MISSING STRINGS and does not resolve the problem.

acr_setup.jpg

Edited by mdms

@Dwarden is there any chance that we get non-steam version of final patch :756:

@Dwarden is there any chance that we get non-steam version of final patch :756:

since 1.63 the game base off STEAMWORKS as replacement of now defunct GameSpy ...

so ... what you asking for ... is non-steam version w/o MP ...

With hosts.txt I can "see" 1.62 servers right now and if BIS give 1.63 non-steam version maybe some one make something like PowerServer & OFPMonitor for Arma 2 CO...and you will give SP and campaing bug free version of game to all A2:CO users /steam&non-steam :thanx:

Edited by Horus

Will ACR Lite be included into patch? Many players can't connect to servers and don't understand what's going on.

Would you be able to so something in regards to these messages seen in client and server.RPT. (using beta branch, though messages were also seen before that)

16:33:47 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
16:33:47 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl

17:24:41 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\stp\non\non\amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon_end.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon_end

hotfix for ACR issue is live, signed too

First post here after years of playing the Arma series, so it might as well be thanks for something. Thank you goliath86 :)

I can finally avoid clicking on basic A2 now for the last existing reason (the campaign bitter chill problem). A problem that is now actually fixed (just tested and it is now guaranteed fully playable here in v1.0.0.22).

The FN FAL fire rate fix is absolutely more than welcome "built-in" too, but is there an easy way to do it without blocking addon sounds from working? I use the J.S.R.S. v1.5 soundpack in my regular A2CO, and with the corepatch fix the FN FAL now happily uses the addon sound (as expected) for semi, but in the full auto mode it reverts to using the default gun sound. It`s the only reason I was using the TGW Fire Mode Fix (it`s on armaholic, but I can`t post a link yet) before, as it added auto mode to the FAL (using default sounds) and allowed any addon sounds to override both modes if used. I have tried adding the TGW fix after the latest corepatch but for some reason it does not override the corepatch fix, and being a 3d and textures modder, I`m not the best at working on script stuff.... :o

Is this a problem that can be fixed with CorePatch (I'm running v1.0.0.24) or is it a JSRS problem?

Thank you for all your hard work. Tracking down bugs is no fun, so you've done the ArmA community a great service.....

It`s not an addon sound problem, and it can be fixed with CP easily. goliath86 mentioned he knew about it in his reply to that post, but I think the fix he meant to put in place got lost somewhere along the way of the bigger fixes.

Funnily enough, I had been meaning for the last few days to mention it here, before it all goes final.

Is this a problem that can be fixed with CorePatch (I'm running v1.0.0.24) or is it a JSRS problem?

Thank you for all your hard work. Tracking down bugs is no fun, so you've done the ArmA community a great service.....

It should be ok now with the latest beta patch of A2:OA (as 10/04/2015) ;)

It should be ok now with the latest beta patch of A2:OA (as 10/04/2015) ;)

So, we don't need CorePatch anymore? Everything is in the beta?

So, we don't need CorePatch anymore? Everything is in the beta?

if you use the OA beta branch then you don't need standalone corepatch anymore

OK, switching to beta. Thank you.

Is this beta coming to main branch soon?

For switching between beta and live, should Corepatch be removed from addons folder to run the beta, or just deactivated and left in folder?

Just wondering if the engine would confuse any Corepatch addon files with the beta's files.

You can deactivate the @corepatch mod and leave it, or delete it. All necessary corepatch files for the OA beta (and when corepatch goes to stable branch) are in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\Addons

Some errors (Steam beta branch):

=====================================================================
== D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -world=Zargabad 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2015/01/02 20:35:26
Current time:  2015/04/10 18:39:50

Version 1.63.125548
Error in expression <

_spawn = [] spawn {}; 
while {alive _uav} do {
waituntil {waypointdescriptio>
 Error position: <_uav} do {
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _uav
File CorePatch\CorePatch_UAV\data\scripts\uav.sqf, line 148
Error in expression <oints"}) exitwith {};

if ((count units _uav) > 1) then
{
[driver _uav] join grp>
 Error position: <_uav) > 1) then
{
[driver _uav] join grp>
File CorePatch\CorePatch_UAV\data\scripts\uav.sqf, line 128
Error in expression <ve _player) then {
_player removeaction _action;
_player setvariable [_idAction,>
 Error position: <_action;
_player setvariable [_idAction,>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _action
File ca\modules_e\uav\data\scripts\uav_action.sqf, line 48

Thank you Schatten for reporting! I will fix those errors ASAP

The two bugs, reported by Schatten:

Error in expression <

_spawn = [] spawn {}; 
while {alive _uav} do {
 Error position: <_uav} do {
File CorePatch\CorePatch_UAV\data\scripts\uav.sqf, line 148
Error in expression <oints"}) exitwith {};

if ((count units _uav) > 1) then
{
[driver _uav] join grp>
 Error position: <_uav) > 1) then
{
[driver _uav] join grp>
File CorePatch\CorePatch_UAV\data\scripts\uav.sqf, line 128

Are related to a BI UAV Module not synced to any "uav" unit. It is not a code's bug but a mission's bug.

Anyway I will introduce few changes on the script to terminate it in case a "uav" unit is not synced to module and a "hint" message that will advise user(s) of the error.

new OA beta patch is rolling out ... corepatch.pbo and ui.pbo changes

another consistent JIP error, this one spams host and JIP player continuously after the JIP player joins:

Error in expression <esNew = _gainTimesNew - [-2]; _params = _params - [-1]; _mainScope setVariable>
 Error position: <_params - [-1]; _mainScope setVariable>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _params
File ca\missions\som\data\scripts\functions\isAvailableSupportRequest.sqf, line 64

- I'm running two machines with beta on LAN, local hosting, not dedicated.

- The mission is a BIS Warfare CTI using custom client init (Corepatch beta version) only for Warfare with SecOps comms, and a SOM synched to each leader.

- The host machine is spammed because of the server's support update, and the JIP machine is spammed because of the client's options update.

Though generated by a SOM function script, the error originates in this line of the Warfare Server_SupportUpdate.sqf script:

if ((_balance < _price) || _removeAll) then
 {//remove given support
   _mainScope setVariable ["gainTimes_" + _x, []]; //TODO: convert to BIS_SOM_removeSupportRequestFunc
 }
 else
 {//add support

[color="#808080"][i]//*side note: "_x" is the support name.  There is no "remove support" function, seems it was an intent.[/i][/color]

Running it down I found SOM support checks need "gain times" and "params" set. The SOM function checks for both.

At JIP, funds are low and a player can't afford supports. The line initializes the gain times, but not params.

When a support can be afforded and gets added, the default params is generated if no param is passed. An empty array is the default params.

Warfare doesn't pass params if adding a support, so default is okay to clear the error.

This resolved the error:

{//remove given support
   _mainScope setVariable ["gainTimes_" + _x, []]; //TODO: convert to BIS_SOM_removeSupportRequestFunc
[color="#FF0000"]    _mainScope setVariable ["params_" + _x, []];[/color]
 }
 else
 {//add support

After working this out, I enjoyed hours of playing Warfare with SOM Secops thrown in. :627:It was great! :coop: :681:Each leader had his own call sign set up, no confusion there, each got their own SOM side missions as well as the regular Warfare missions. The only real nuisance was the "support comms over network" issue, which even before beta, they only ever worked for host, and the join player calls for support caused confusion in the SOMs. It's the only reason I haven't suggested having Secops Comms for Warfare added to Corepatch.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

another consistent JIP error, this one spams host and JIP player continuously after the JIP player joins:

Error in expression <esNew = _gainTimesNew - [-2]; _params = _params - [-1]; _mainScope setVariable>
 Error position: <_params - [-1]; _mainScope setVariable>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _params
File ca\missions\som\data\scripts\functions\isAvailableSupportRequest.sqf, line 64

- I'm running two machines with beta on LAN, local hosting, not dedicated.

- The mission is a BIS Warfare CTI using custom client init (Corepatch beta version) only for Warfare with SecOps comms, and a SOM synched to each leader.

- The host machine is spammed because of the server's support update, and the JIP machine is spammed because of the client's options update.

Though generated by a SOM function script, the error originates in this line of the Warfare Server_SupportUpdate.sqf script:

{//remove given support
 }
 else
 {//add support

[color="#808080"][i]//*side note: "_x" is the support name.  There is no "remove support" function, seems it was an intent.[/i][/color]

Running it down I found SOM support checks need "gain times" and "params" set. The SOM function checks for both.

At JIP, funds are low and a player can't afford supports. The line initializes the gain times, but not params.

When a support can be afforded and gets added, the default params is generated if no param is passed. An empty array is the default params.

Warfare doesn't pass params if adding a support, so default is okay to clear the error.

This resolved the error:

{//remove given support
[color="#FF0000"]    _mainScope setVariable ["params_" + _x, []];[/color]
 }
 else
 {//add support

After working this out, I enjoyed hours of playing Warfare with SOM Secops thrown in. :627:It was great! :coop: :681:Each leader had his own call sign set up, no confusion there, each got their own SOM side missions as well as the regular Warfare missions. The only real nuisance was the "support comms over network" issue, which even before beta, they only ever worked for host, and the join player calls for support caused confusion in the SOMs. It's the only reason I haven't suggested having Secops Comms for Warfare added to Corepatch.

Thank you OpusFmSPol for the very detailed report!

I will fix the error for the next version of CorePatch! Thank you again! ;)

goliath86

Error in expression <treme max _x;
} 
forEach _array;
};
};

_extreme>
 Error position: <_extreme>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _extreme
File ca\modules_e\functions\arrays\fn_findExtreme.sqf, line 46

Error in expression <treme max _x;
} 
forEach _array;
};
};

_extreme>
 Error position: <_extreme>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _extreme
File ca\modules_e\functions\arrays\fn_findExtreme.sqf, line 46

Thank you Dimon for reporting!

I've inspected the fn_findExtreme file and I don't see any script error.

The error you have posted here, is attributable to the mission that use the BIS_fnc_findExtreme() function without any array passed as first parameter to it:

This is from the fn_findExtreme.sqf:

/*
File: fn_findExtreme.sqf
Author: Joris-Jan van 't Land

Description:
Returns the minimum or maximum value in an Array.

Parameter(s):
_this select 0: Array (array)
_this select 1: Scalar (mode)
	0: minimum
	1: maximum

Returns:
Scalar (extreme)
*/

private ["_array", "_mode", "_extreme"];
_array = _this select 0;
_mode = _this select 1;

_extreme = _array select 0;

so if the array _array is not defined then the function throws the error that you've posted here.

In conclusion, it is not a script error.

Thank you again Dimon!!

goliath86