Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

[WIP] CorePatch: config patch for ArmA 2 OA

@LUMINAK: the error that you see is not dependant on CBA or any other addon. It is a script error and maybe not so important. To hide that "blank square", deselect the Show Script Errors parameters of the launcher and you should be ok! ;)

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

like in paramaters i use for >CPU Count 4

EX Threads 5 (is kind of confusing .in the pop up description it say insert 3 for dual core and 7 for quad core ,but i use 4 core ,so by logic i insert 5 Right ? lol and i guess 7 is for six core . well i will try it right now with EX Threads at 7...

You can deselect the -exThreads parameters because A2 OA can automatically detect the best value for your PC. The information of the pop up is grabbed from here

lol what i noob i am lol ! thx you Goliath

ok last thing ..still have issue with revert save game in mission for campaign ,i know is not i new thread for u .but i can only find some old thread on the subjet, like 2011 lol and find no way to fix it yet any way that not so bad ,i just need to restart the mission from begining

we fix something in this game ,and a new problem appear lol your are a very patient man, since all those years. thumbs up

well that it for now ,

and thx you so much for your support and help

very appreciated

best regards

LUMINAK

Hi Goliath,

Dwarden suggested we try putting corepatch.pbo in OA/expansion/addons folder and see if there are any issues. Most all aspects of corepatch run well, but I'm getting delays in startup of cutscene in Bitter Chill mission. The delay occurs also when corepatch is used as a mod (mod folder). Here is part of RPT (note that I am running Steam OA beta branch that provides new tbb4malloc_bi.dll from Arma 3 as of today).

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty
Exe timestamp: 2014/11/29 19:39:06
Current time:  2015/03/06 18:37:01

Version 1.63.125548
Cannot create entity with abstract type Fortress1 (scope = private?)
Cannot create non-ai vehicle Fortress1,
Cannot create non-ai vehicle DATSUN_PK1_NAPA,
Cannot create non-ai vehicle FireLit,
Error in expression <ts =
[

"BIS_FOBAmbient02_hmmw","HMMWV",BIS_FOBAmbient02_hmmw,252.315,2.31138,99>
 Error position: <BIS_FOBAmbient02_hmmw,252.315,2.31138,99>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fobambient02_hmmw
File ca\missions\campaign\missions\C4_BitterChill.Chernarus\sceneC4ManhattanAmbient.sqf, line 6
Error in expression <
[
"BIS_FOBAmbient03_chair","FoldChair",BIS_FOBAmbient03_chair,140.73,14.1028,10>
 Error position: <BIS_FOBAmbient03_chair,140.73,14.1028,10>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fobambient03_chair
File ca\missions\campaign\missions\C4_BitterChill.Chernarus\sceneC4Manhattan.sqf, line 24
Cannot load sound 'ca\soundmissions\c4_bitterchill\beginning\beginning_h_0.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'ca\soundmissions\c4_bitterchill\beginning\beginning_h_1.ogg'
Error in expression <
_radius = (_this select 1);
_xRadius = _radius select 0;
_yRadius = _radius sel>
 Error position: <_radius select 0;
_yRadius = _radius sel>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _radius
File ca\modules\functions\scenes\fn_sceneIntruderDetector.sqf, line 31
Error in expression <ariable ["_unwantedUnitsDisabledLogic", _unwantedUnitsDisabled];	

_wantedUnits >
 Error position: <_unwantedUnitsDisabled];	

_wantedUnits >
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unwantedunitsdisabled
File ca\modules\functions\scenes\fn_sceneIntruderDetector.sqf, line 75
[

File ca\missions\campaign\missions\C4_BitterChill.Chernarus\sceneC4ManhattanAmbient.sqf, line 6
Error in expression <
[
File ca\missions\campaign\missions\C4_BitterChill.Chernarus\sceneC4Manhattan.sqf, line 24
Error in expression <
_yRadius = _radius sel>
_yRadius = _radius sel>
Error in expression <ariable ["_unwantedUnitsDisabledLogic", _unwantedUnitsDisabled];	

_wantedUnits >

_wantedUnits >
Global namespace not passed during: false
Error in expression <false>
 Error position: <false>
 Error Local variable in global space
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayModLauncher/controls/CA_ValueMods/

Edited by OMAC

Hey Goliath,

Have come across this recently: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76065 - extra thread: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33045-releasefix-bugs-unconscious-and-invisible-for-ai-humanity-boost/

Haven't been able to test/confirm myself yet, but was just wondering whether this is possibly something you would be able to check out/resolve in CorePatch.

Thanks for all your great work!

Great work this addon just fixed issues of ''bitter chill'' mission in ''harvest red'' campaign.

so can you also take care of bug that causes AI gunships gunner won't lock on targets when use ''tab'' button to switch targets? I ask it because this issue came by 1.63 update.

thanks

Hi Goliath,

Dwarden suggested we try putting corepatch.pbo in OA/expansion/addons folder and see if there are any issues. Most all aspects of corepatch run well, but I'm getting delays in startup of cutscene in Bitter Chill mission. The delay occurs also when corepatch is used as a mod (mod folder). Here is part of RPT (note that I am running Steam OA beta branch that provides new tbb4malloc.dll from Arma 3 as of today).

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty
Exe timestamp: 2014/11/29 19:39:06
Current time:  2015/03/06 18:37:01

Version 1.63.125548
[

Error in expression <
[
Error in expression <
_yRadius = _radius sel>
_yRadius = _radius sel>

_wantedUnits >

_wantedUnits >
[

Error in expression <
[
Error in expression <
_yRadius = _radius sel>
_yRadius = _radius sel>

_wantedUnits >

_wantedUnits >
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayModLauncher/controls/CA_ValueMods/

Thank you OMAC for reporting! I'm resolving now this problem ;)

Thank you

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Hey Goliath,

Have come across this recently: https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76065 - extra thread: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33045-releasefix-bugs-unconscious-and-invisible-for-ai-humanity-boost/

Haven't been able to test/confirm myself yet, but was just wondering whether this is possibly something you would be able to check out/resolve in CorePatch.

Thanks for all your great work!

Hi Markokil321! I've inspected those mentioned problems and it came up that they are related to dayz. I can't resolve bugs of dayz, sorry.

Thank you again!

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Great work this addon just fixed issues of ''bitter chill'' mission in ''harvest red'' campaign.

so can you also take care of bug that causes AI gunships gunner won't lock on targets when use ''tab'' button to switch targets? I ask it because this issue came by 1.63 update.

thanks

Hi VoiceOfArmA! I don't think that this problem is related to a config change, so I can't resolve this bug cause I obviously don't have access to the engine source.

Thank you!

A newer version of CorePatch (1.0.0.24) is available on first post:

- Fixed few "Undefined variable.." remaining bugs

Error in expression <

_yRadius = _radius sel>

_yRadius = _radius sel>

_wantedUnits >

_wantedUnits >

- Fixed Bitter Chill mission lag (thanks to OMAC for support)

The lag was not only in Bitter Chill mission but most noticeable on it. It was caused by an error on the Garbage Collecotr Module.

- Changed Garbage Collector Module: now it doesn't automatically collect not alive objects when it starts, for default. If you want to activate the "auto-collect" feature you have to set the "auto" variable of the module itself (ex. BIS_GC setVariable ["auto", true, true])

This change is to maintain compatibility with original ArmA 2 and OA missions. The "auto-collect" feature can be re-enabled by settings the "auto" variable of the Garbage Collector Module. For example, if the Garbage Collector Module, in a mission, is named "BIS_GC" then, to activate the "auto-collect" feature you have to write, in the init field of the Garbage Collector Module itself this line of code:

BIS_GC setVariable ["auto", true, true]

The BIS Garbage Collector Module, in this version of CorePatch, is more optimized than in the previous version (now, no more lag on missions that use the GC Module)

If this version of CorePatch is stable (no more regressions), it will be included in the ArmA 2 OA Final Patch from BIS.

Now I'm collecting all the name of people that helped me and/or that give me the permissions to use their mod/script/work in this addon.

If someone does not want that their work/script/mod and/or name to be included in CorePatch before the release of the Official ArmA 2 OA Final Patch, please, contact me in private, thanks!

All the names of the authors, that will be included in CorePatch, will also be present in the ArmA 2 OA Final Patch credits, as BIS told to me.

There will be no more versions of CorePatch until official ArmA 2 OA Final Patch will be released or regressions will be found on this version of CorePatch.

Thanks to all those who supported me in this project!

goliath86

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome work Goliath, have downloaded v1.0.0.24 and will report any issues found. ;)

Quick question, (i understand this version may be the 'final' one, but wanted to ask about this anyway incase you decide to ever add more fixes)

removeMagazinesTurret /setVehicleAmmo 0 will 'force lock' your screen facing forward and will no longer allow you to move the gun/your view around. This bug only occurs with Helicopter turrets, Land vehicles do not have this problem.

Reproduce: 1. Get into a UH1Y gunner,

2. run: vehicle player removeMagazinesTurret ["2000Rnd_762x51_M134",[0]]

3. Observe what happens to your view/screen.

Clearing vehicle ammo is a big part of a current popular mod, and this bug is pretty frustrating. Would be awesome if someone could somehow resolve this.

Edited by Markokil321

Thanks for your time on this awesome patch.

Ive noticed something odd when used with the CWR2 mod. The menu screen intros judder.

Im using the steam Arma 2 version 1.63.125548

I have reported this bug to the CWR2 team as well.

Hi Goliath, it seems somehow ArmA3 has fixed the spent brass bug that I've been somewhat obsessed with, not certain exactly what was changed but maybe it would be possible to port back to ArmA2 CO?

Something also seems to have broken the smoke dischargers on all of the vehicles (nothing happens when I use them) but it may have nothing to do with Corepatch, I'll keep investigating.

it's engine fix not config/script fix, so corePatch can't solve the ejectedBrass

Something also seems to have broken the smoke dischargers on all of the vehicles (nothing happens when I use them) but it may have nothing to do with Corepatch, I'll keep investigating.

All smoke dischargers work for me with 1.63+corepatch....

An idea for commanding vehicle versions: BTR-90 HQ, LAV-25 HQ, BMP-2 HQ and BRDM-2 HQ with full set of passenger slots, could be really useful in missions where you need transport armor but no heavy firepower. I know that some passenger proxies are mispositioned on HQ models but I'd go even with these visual issues, unless of course fixing models is in scope of CorePatch since all A2 models are now released by BI which would be even better.

or is it only my problem or stopped working on the server commands #lock && #unlock?

An idea for commanding vehicle versions: BTR-90 HQ, LAV-25 HQ, BMP-2 HQ and BRDM-2 HQ with full set of passenger slots, could be really useful in missions where you need transport armor but no heavy firepower. I know that some passenger proxies are mispositioned on HQ models but I'd go even with these visual issues, unless of course fixing models is in scope of CorePatch since all A2 models are now released by BI which would be even better.

I'm guessing this is probably beyond the scope of corepatch but seeing as someone else bought fixing vehicles up, can the RU Pchela UAV get some loving?:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/22551 (issue number 1 primarily)

Sorry SaMatra but I'm a programmer not a modeler. I have no idea how to modify a model, I'm very sorry :(

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

or is it only my problem or stopped working on the server commands #lock && #unlock?

I don't use these commands so I don't know if they stopped working but I am sure that CorePatch has nothing to do with them

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

I'm guessing this is probably beyond the scope of corepatch but seeing as someone else bought fixing vehicles up, can the RU Pchela UAV get some loving?:

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/22551 (issue number 1 primarily)

Same reply as for SaMatra: unfortunately I'm not a modeler so I have no idea how to fix models, sorry mate

it's engine fix not config/script fix, so corePatch can't solve the ejectedBrass

Damn, any chance of getting that fix in an official patch?

Damn, any chance of getting that fix in an official patch?

after 1.63 update we are content with only new introduced bugs fix, not anything more!

after 1.63 update we are content with only new introduced bugs fix, not anything more!

I don't quite understand you. It would be fixing a bug, not an implementation of a new feature.

I don't use these commands so I don't know if they stopped working but I am sure that CorePatch has nothing to do with them

Well then I report an error: server commands #lock and #unlock if you write them in the chat is not working. The lock on the server is hung, but you can go unhindered.

If you use a third-party program (such as EMP Rcon) and enter the commands panel of the program it works.

Sorry SaMatra but I'm a programmer not a modeler. I have no idea how to modify a model, I'm very sorry :(

HQ versions already support passenger seats in the models, you just need to change config values (transportsoldiers I think). Unfortunately there are issues like improper animations for some passenger seats or gunner and passenger seat being on same place for BRDM-2 HQ but I'd still add alternative versions of these vehicles with full set of passenger seats.

as you might noticed,

there're some little things happening on A2: OA beta branch

we testing now small data update located in \Expansion\Addons\corepatch.pbo

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184371-WIP-CorePatch-config-patch-for-ArmA-2-OA

this variant is slightly different to public 1.0.0.24, it's signed with bi/bi2 v2 signtures too

FAQ: there is known issue with ACR dependency (need to install ACR full or ACR lite)