Sign in to follow this  
Elena

Enable ZEUS to use Airstrikes & Set Tasks for all Sides.

Hei!

I'm currently playing Zeus Gamemodes exessively, and noticed that my Zeus seems to be limited to certain Sides / Factions during certain actions.

I am a NATO Soldier, playing as Zeus, in these Scenarios. Reason is, i am 'role-playing' the Nato General for my Side and will personall brief and debrief them, and also act as Zeus while they are on the Battlefield. Playing as CSAT-Zeus is out of question because of this.

a) When i'm calling Atillery, the side doesn't really matter, since a CSAT 155mm will make the same "Boom!" a NATO 155mm shell would do.

But when i call in Airstrikes, i have to select a Plane to conduct them, and in my Missions, i can only select the NATO Wipeout (And the AAF Buzzard, if Greenfor is set to friendly with Nato).

b) When i place IED's, they are always shown to NATO soldiers, even if they are meant to be enemy mines and not to be automatically revealed to my Side.

c) When i set objectives, where a Side has to be defined (i.E. capturing a compound), i can only select NATO (and AAF, if Friendly to NATO) to be attackers or defenders. I'd like to set NATO as defender and CSAT as attacker, sometimes, for different reasons (hold compounds etc.)

Is there any way to:

a) Be able to select CAST and AAF Planes when these factions are the enemy, to simulate incoming enemy airstrikes without having to spawn an Enemy Plane and hope it doesn't ruin the scenario by flying somewhere else or accidentially wiping out the entire playersquad?

b) Place Mines and IED's which are not shown to the Nato Players, so they have to be carefull, and search these devices by themselved?

c) Be able to Issue Objectives to CSAT or set CSAT as Defender/Attacker on Capture-and-hold type of objects?

Easy, use a neutral zeus, the module thingys and there's a gamelogic for zeus players, then just place said general and remote control him.

If i do so, won't i be unable to communicate through VOIP with the players?

I believe you can use Global chat as zeus controlling unit, but talking from the guy your controlling is not possible ( I think..).

So, now i placed the gamelogic Zeus, and synced it to my gamemode zeus and game master module.

The Game Master is set to "#adminLogged" which worked fine when i'm testing in editor, and when i'm hosting the mission myself.

Once i transfer the mission to my dedicated server, i can join the Zeus slot, and spawn as the Gamelogic. I can "walk" around as the gamelocig, but i can't acces Zeus at all.

Strangely, it worked just fine when i was a Unit on the Battlefield. I would enter #login *adminpassword* and would instantly get the Hint that Zeus Ascended and i am now zeus, and i would be able to open the interface, both on my PC and on the dedicated server. Do i have to do anything different for it to work with the Game logic?

(Mission file attached for examination. there should be no dependent addons or mods. click me!)

edit: If you don't have an adblocker, there will be many download buttons on that page. The blue one on your right, under the date & file size is the correct one.