Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

1.32 update wiped out campaign progress in Adapt and Win episodes

I had just finished Moral Fiber mission in Win episode last night, and was looking forward to finishing campaign soon. Today, after 1.32 stable branch update, all campaign progress in Adapt and Win are wiped out. Now I am back at start of Adapt. WTF! :mad:

That thread does not supply a solution, and is filled with churlish fanboy ire which disgusts me. Once campaign progress has been removed from my profile, the progress is lost forever. Reverting to 1.30 does not restore my profile, does it?

This is not a matter of saved games from older versions being unusable after update, which is normal and expected. I had no saved games, as I was between missions in Win episode. There is no way an update should remove campaign progress. &*&$&^%%)!@@

I'm pretty sure the data is still there. The savegame's are not in the game folder, but in a seperate folder for your windows profile. There is no way the game has deleted it, but it may have failed to recognize them for some reason.

You are correct that some data are still in my Saved folder, some data for each episode, but the game does not recognize them. How do I get the game to restore my progress?

There are also lots of data still in profile, like all my activekeys. But my campaign progress after end of Survive has been lost.

Edit: Reverting to 1.30 is only way to restore progress, apparently. Jeesh.

Edited by OMAC

I hope that they will hotfix this problem. Personally I finished the campaign long ago so I'm not weeping, but I can understand how frustrating this must be for those that were playing it at the moment. This is a serious issue.

His second post is even more interesting:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184306-New-Update-Can-t-resume-campaign&p=2795024&viewfull=1#post2795024

in that it is apparent they don't know what the Hell is going on....yet.

Obviously any stable branch update shouldn't wipe out campaign progress, so it's a nasty bug. This is a case where Steam really comes in handy, eh? Thank heavens BI provided the 1.30 legacy build as a backup! But it's still a substantial hassle for players to have to revert...

But it's still a substantial hassle for players to have to revert...

Think about all those who do not come to the forum to seek answers. Only a minority tend to do that sort of thing. :/

You said it. They are probably just cursing in confusion at their computer!

Ok, I will go to stable branch again. Fingers crossed that my progress will be visible this time around... I'm happy that they got on the problem so fast, assuming that the fix works, of course.

Yep, the fix restores progress. Awesome! :)

Edited by OMAC