Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Don't do this at home...

...have an ICS system where the server is in your room and the server having a 60mm delta fan just 1m from your ear.

This is the situation here, and I am mightily pissed off mad.gif

To make you understand, my CAK-II 38 is a 60mm Delta, screaming away at a staggering 6800 rpm, producing 48 dB of noise, 1m away from my ear while trying to sleep mad.gif

My flatmate better get the server up and running or he will simply have to deal with coming online when I'm not asleep mad.gifmad.gif

You have no idea how pissed off I am mad.gif Won't be able to go to lectures tomorrow either cos of that mad.gif

I feel your pain! I have a desktop fan blowing air on me, but its not even cold! This things worthless!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

my computer sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I cut a hole in the side a put a drier tube to the cpu fan and that made it really loud and I also have my power supply sitting outside next to my case and on top of that my case has about 200 holes in it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ Sep. 17 2002,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my computer sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I cut a hole in the side a put a drier tube to the cpu fan and that made it really loud and I also have my power supply sitting outside next to my case and on top of that my case has about 200 holes in it.<span id='postcolor'>

Well I've got 2 80mm deltas in my case, one on the cpu and the other exausting the case and they are loud. Then again I've got a 40% o/c on my 1ghz AMD Duron running at 1.4 smile.gif Not bad for a $80Cdn chip. I can't wait until I get a better MB and see how it runs on a 133/166 fsb. Best thing is the temp never goes over 45 celsius with pure air cooling, no exotic water pumps here.

COLINMAN

You dont even know when my computer is running its so quite... The only thing i hear at night are the thousands of crickets churping and my ceiling fan.

Same here, quiet as mouse. I'll never understand the need for people to turn their computers into an easy-bake-oven smile.gif

It will only get worse as cpu's get faster. Guess I'll stick with a 1.6 untill the Tim allen pc bug bites me.....more power!!! ahuc ahuc...or whatever that damn noise he makes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pathfinder @ Sep. 18 2002,08:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guess I'll stick with a 1.6 untill the Tim allen pc bug bites me.....more power!!! ahuc ahuc...or whatever that damn noise he makes.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think so Tim..i mean pathfinder.... tounge.gif

my PC has one side of case open. i am too lazy to put it back after i installed something some months ago. tounge.gif

but i really need absolute silence to fall asleep. else, i can't sleep.

ive grown used to the whine of my computer, that about 1 meter away from my bed, im just glad im putting the server in another room, two computers in my room would probebly drive me mad tounge.gif

the only reason i have the case off is to keep the pc cool, and make my room an ovan biggrin.gif

Im lucky, the server is in another bedroom here........

And its just a P1 133mz or something so it does not require a meaty fan........

The last time I went to bed with my computer on was September last year when I was downloading the IL-2 Demo on a 56k moden getting speeds of around 3k a second......

Im not so touchy when it comes to going to sleep. Quiet is better, but I have slept in noisy conditions too.

ive yet to try my new server, but being a XP2000 it needs a meaty fan, hoping that isnt too loud, but ive gotten so used to the whine/hum of my computer, odd as it may sound, i prefer to sleep with it on now lol

I don't sleep next to the computer, and i never will.

Anyways. I have two computers and two silent coolers (Zalman). biggrin.gif

AMD XP 2200+ temperature is around 104°F or 40°C.

P4 2.0Ghz temperature is about 91°F or 33°C.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 18 2002,07:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I feel sorry for you fellas.

bigfan.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

lol