monkman

New Update - Can't resume campaign

You mean the Arma 3 Supporter medal that's over your avatar? ;)

man..... I tell ya... some days I wish I could crawl in to a hole in the ground and sleep the day off... Sure.. after you post your reply when I put my mouse over the icon it says Arma 3 Supporter... But for the past year before that it said Corporal when I hovered my mouse over it... thought it was just a image about how many posts I've made... LoL... Well... Taking off my shoe, Inserting it into my mouth... Taking a big bite! Going to try and get some sleep again... Thanks St. Jimmy for clearing up my delusional thinking ;-) LoL..

sleep.. time for sleep... Then wake up and start over on the campaign :(

This irritates me as much as when I paid $100 for the Arma 3 Supporter Edition to include the 3 DLC's and one of the DLCS was a stupid Go Kart DLC. Why the hell do I want a Go KART DLC in a Damn Military SIM! Yes, Ranting... Pissed off... Put a Lot of Hours into the Campaign and feel the Go Kart DLC was a slap in the face!

The Supporter Edition includes all future DLC as well as the planned expansion. The Kart DLC was a test of the DLC system, made by a dev in his spare time, and from which some of the proceeds went to charity. Complaining about it is kind of silly.

As for the campaign progress, that's certainly an annoyance. But then again, if you enjoy playing Arma, it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Confirming the same happened to me. I was pretty much half-way through Adapt, now I got this http://i.imgur.com/pOi2oxt.jpg. I'm NOT going to fucking replay the entire campaign again. After knowing Bohemia Interactive since Flashpoint days, this doesn't even surprise me anymore, just pisses me off.

I think campaign progress is still there, it's just game does not recognise resume autosaves, for both mission and campaigns

If the campaign progress is still there, how do I restore it without reverting to 1.30? I think it's gone, man. Toast.

It is odd that some profiles are returned to very start of campaign, like Cole, whereas I am now at start of Adapt. All my progress in survive was maintained. Hmmm.

...Yep, reverting restores progress. What a pain. I wish BI had given warning about this! :j:

Edited by OMAC

I guessing so, because game appears to "see" progress in Adapt and Win (resume and replay buttons are avaliable, just don't work), but I'm locked out of them because game does not recognise Survive as completed.

Hello,

thank you for the reports here and also on Feedback tracker. We are now aware of the issue and we successfully reproduced it. The problem is now under investigation. Those who want to continue with the campaign immediately and without any struggle can switch to 1.30 Legacy build or use cheats to unlock missions and revert from the last one played.

Password to Legacy build: Arma3Legacy130

Cheats in Arma: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Cheats

Sorry for inconveniences and thanks for your feedback!

Thx for answering Iceman. But now that you are trying to solve this, a new question comes to my mind: If i switch to 1.30 legacy, once the problem is solved and get my game up to date, will my new progress be saved or i'll have to restart from were i left when this issue happened?

P.D: on http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21140 the Resolution is still set as "Not Fixable".

If the whole problem was that the campaign would be simple, Nov. 4 comes more oh yes you will cry of rage, my clan is thinking about changing platform can no longer make good missions whenever we can fix the damage of other updates appear, not played in vanilla mode is very hard to keep playing the ArmA series.

If i switch to 1.30 legacy, once the problem is solved and get my game up to date, will my new progress be saved or i'll have to restart from were i left when this issue happened?

It should work the way that you will not need to repeat the progress and the save file will be loaded properly on both 1.30 and 1.32. There might be some slight changes in the missions, though, and restart of the mission might be needed. Please take this more like an advice than a guaranteed info because we are still not entirely sure what is causing the trouble.

It should work the way that you will not need to repeat the progress and the save file will be loaded properly on both 1.30 and 1.32. There might be some slight changes in the missions, though, and restart of the mission might be needed. Please take this more like an advice than a guaranteed info because we are still not entirely sure what is causing the trouble.

If possible, please let us know when the problem has been resolved so that we will know when we can safely update to 1.32+ and have our campaign progress maintained, as it would be great to continue playing campaign using 1.32 rather than 1.30.

Edited by OMAC

Yes, hotfix is out. You might still get an error for mid-mission saves, however the overall mission progress will not be lost. Sorry for inconveniences :o:

Man this thread post is ignorant. Like "screw you Bohemia for fixing a whole bunch of problems and messing up one thing". I LOL'ed at the bloatware thing. I didnt notice any new tool bars on my browser or new software. Who is to say it added 1.2 gb to your computer? It mostly modified 1.2 gb of data. 1.2 gb of data that wasn't working correctly. Have patience and report bugs constructively, because look, LOOK, they fixed it.

I have a question about the new Hot Fix and reverting to begin a mission again. Just prior to starting "Bingo Fuel" I found out how to play the side missions and have completed 3 or 4 and collected several trucks full of gear (all in version 1.30). Will the trucks & equipment I collected during side missions be preserved if I have to revert "Bingo Fuel" under the latest 1.32 hot fix? I just used the beta code "Arma3Legacy130" to complete a side mission and have returned to the base. Is it safe to start using 1.32 to continue the mission or should I complete "Bingo Fuel" first?

Hello all,

Just started playing Arma 3, everything is running smooth, graphics, etc. Started the bootcamp, there are two Damage Control missions, at the second it goes to a cut scene with some text following up on what happened after, cut to a pop campaign box with revert and expand as my only options. I can't play anything else, everything I click on bring up the bootcamp, forcing me to redo the prologue. Redoing the prologue repeats the same thing. Please help! What am I supposed to do?