monkman

New Update - Can't resume campaign

Thanks Bohemia....

After a nice 1.2gb install, I can no longer resume my campaign and have to start from scratch again....thanks, thanks a bunch for allowing me to waste hours of my time then putting me back to square one of the campaign.

I don't think i'll bother with the campaign anymore..if they release another 1.2gb update (Really 1.2gb update, no new content..more bloatware?) will it force me to restart from scratch...I won't be finding out as I am done with singleplayer.

Thankgod for the Arma mutliplayer community...fun still to be had there.

I've been an avid supporter of Bohemia for many years, and after the amount of time I have invested in the campaign, to have it taken away from me because the new patch makes my old save game incompatible is just pants!

What about the time I have lost playing the campaign Bohemia? Are you going to compensate me for that? I think not........

/Rant..

(Sorry just frustrated guys with losing hours of my time to an update.)

First of all, the updates break save games more often than not. It's the nature of the beast, sadly. But usually you can resume from a previous mission, not the latest one you're on. I'm not sure if it works this time though.

1.2GB bloatware? Not really, the change log has 506 lines and almost all of them are fixes to issues. It's nothing but a good thing.

1.2gb of fixes to issues..hardly matters when I have lost hours of gameplay.

I don't get alot of time to play games, especially ones like ARMA which I love, but I can't invest time in a game when they do a large update and then break the game. (No I can't restart from an earlier mission..I have to restart from scratch)

Sorry but Bohemia have really gone and done it now.... I will still play with my mates online when I can, but for the singleplayer side of things, this was a gamebreaker and I can't invest time & passion into a game if the developers keep ruining it. (Yes I know the updates improve an already buggy game...but whats the point in playing if you have to start from scratch everytime there is a large update?)

You could try to revert back to 1.30 version by inserting the code Arma3Legacy130 in the Steam beta tab.

Same problem here. Just downloaded the patch and lost all my campaign progress.

"Cannot load campaign description "C:Users......campaign.sqc" from bank"

Any idea on how to fix it? Because i'm not feeling like restarting from scratch. Also, a game like ArmA 3 shouldn't have this kind of issues. I can understand losing savegames on mods and other fan-made games, but not on a game worth 45€

Do what Greenfist said, and then set Steam to never update the game. Simple as that...

Enjoy the old bugs while you'r at it :)

Updating the game and making it backwards compatible would be a nightmare for the programmers.

Do what Greenfist said, and then set Steam to never update the game. Simple as that...

Enjoy the old bugs while you'r at it :)

Updating the game and making it backwards compatible would be a nightmare for the programmers.

I want to enjoy the game (campaign) but I can't...so what do I do? I don't have the time to spend hours redoing the same thing which took me hours to do in the first place.

If that's the case, then I can't help you any further.

We have given you a solution. I can't figure out why it would take hours of your precious time. It requires you to make a few mouseclicks and type 14 letters into a text box. Should be done in less than a minute. You don't have to attend the download process. Do something else during that time. With a decent internet connection it's just a few minutes anyway.

Reverting back to 1.30 fixed my saves. I can at least restart the latest mission.

Well it hasn't worked for me... 1.30 and I have nothing.

Dammit.

I can understand incompatible savegames, but isn't it rather weird for update to remove entire campaign progress as well?

I had same problem. All progress in Adapt and Win episodes wiped out.

This is not a matter of saved games from older versions being unusable after update, which is normal and expected. I had no saved games, as I was between missions in Win episode.

I don't see how reverting to 1.30 will restore my profile in which campaign progress is saved. Anyway, who wants to continue playing with an old A3 version? Previous A3 stable branch updates did NOT wipe out campaign progress, even though they contained numerous campaign fixes and changes. Why this one?

I had same problem. All progress in Adapt and Win episodes wiped out.

This is not a matter of saved games from older versions being unusable after update, which is normal and expected. I had no saved games, as I was between missions in Win episode.

I don't see how reverting to 1.30 will restore my profile in which campaign progress is saved. Anyway, who wants to continue playing with an old A3 version? Previous A3 stable branch updates did NOT wipe out campaign progress, even though they contained numerous campaign fixes and changes. Why this one?

I didn't have any visible saves when I first opened the 1.32 but reverting to 1.30 brought them back. I don't know if hiding the incompatible saves is intentional or some kind of bug. Could be intentional though, why show the obviously broken save games to player?

This problem has nothing to do with saved games, it involves wiping out progress from your user profile. After finishing Moral Fiber mission (Win) last night, I am now back at start of Adapt. Weeks worth of campaign play down the damn drain.

If you use a community launcher (i.e. you don't launch through steam) then set Steam to only allow autoupdating during a time you know your computer won't be on (like 1 and 2 in the morning) and then that will be fine, I'm still on 1.2.8 I think because I didn't want to lose my progress playing Hunter Six.

If you use a community launcher (i.e. you don't launch through steam) then set Steam to only allow autoupdating during a time you know your computer won't be on (like 1 and 2 in the morning) and then that will be fine, I'm still on 1.2.8 I think because I didn't want to lose my progress playing Hunter Six.

You still need to log into Steam but you can do it in offline mod. I always start my steam in offline mod to avoid updates and to make the choice myself when I want to .

Reverting to 1.30 restored my campaign progression and saves. Tho i hope we get some sort of mini patch to solve this problem and be able to play with an updated game.

In arma 2 you could unlock all campaign missons with 'shift + minus' and type 'campaign'.

If that still work you could just unlock all, and continue from the chapter you where at.

It seem to me something more than missing campaign progress, after update it seem to be impossible to resume mission, no matter if was started in old or new game version

To repro:

set new profile

start Drawdown 2035

get through flying cutscene to first savepoint

go back to menu

click "resume"

see loading screen

get kicked back to menu without any error message

Edited by boota

WTF BiStudio....

My campaign is gone... I spent a helluva lota time working on this campaign. Now its all gone.. The only thing it shows as being complete is the damn prologue... And the only way to get back to it is to revert to the bugged version before this update!!!!!!!!!!! WTF... Couldn't you have made it so we only had to restart the current mission we were on... what a piss off... and crappy way of updating the game.

Make it so we ONLY have to RESTART the CURRENT mission we were on!!!

This irritates me as much as when I paid $100 for the Arma 3 Supporter Edition to include the 3 DLC's and one of the DLCS was a stupid Go Kart DLC. Why the hell do I want a Go KART DLC in a Damn Military SIM! Yes, Ranting... Pissed off... Put a Lot of Hours into the Campaign and feel the Go Kart DLC was a slap in the face!

EDIT: Oh, and I still don't have the "a special forums medal" which was supposed to be fixed a year ago... (yup.. still venting)... Guess this is what happens when you suffer from extreme insomnia for over a week and a half... :(

Edited by lazerath

EDIT: Oh, and I still don't have the "a special forums medal" which was supposed to be fixed a year ago... (yup.. still venting)... Guess this is what happens when you suffer from extreme insomnia for over a week and a half... :(

You mean the Arma 3 Supporter medal that's over your avatar? ;)

My campaign is gone... I spent a helluva lota time working on this campaign. Now its all gone.. The only thing it shows as being complete is the damn prologue... And the only way to get back to it is to revert to the bugged version before this update!!!!!!!!!!!

I think campaign progress is still there, it's just game does not recognise resume autosaves, for both mission and campaigns

Edited by boota