Sign in to follow this  
KrilionGD

_x who is he?

I am trying to find out the NAME of a unit in a list.

"_x setDammage 1" forEach thislist;"

-set off by a trigger

but what I really want to do is something like this..

"_x setdammage 1" foreach thislist; hint Format["%1 killed for leaving mission zone...", _x]"

is there a way to pull the unit ie (Killer_Bob) from _x ?

I also have a warning trigger set up 10m from the outer trigger that warns them they are are about to leave the area...

"hint "WARNING: about to leave mission zone..."";

but it would be REALLY nice to be able to...

"hint Format["WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone...", _x]" foreach thislist;"

I've searched and hunted, looked through some tutorial, but not many at all have any remarks about sending something to just one person (which would untimately be the best, instead of to everyone via hinh) or about getting information on _x when used with foreach thislist...

many thanks for any kind words...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KrilionGD @ Sep. 18 2002,05:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but it would be REALLY nice to be able to...

"hint Format["WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone...", _x]" foreach thislist;"<span id='postcolor'>

Do this instead:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hint Format[""WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone..."", _x]" foreach thislist;

<span id='postcolor'>

Or doing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hint Format[""WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone..."", name _x]" foreach thislist;

<span id='postcolor'>

Might be a bit more informative.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 18 2002,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do this instead:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint Format[""WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone..."", _x]" foreach thislist;<span id='postcolor'>

Or doing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint Format[""WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone..."", name _x]" foreach thislist;<span id='postcolor'>

Might be a bit more informative.<span id='postcolor'>

Dude! I love you... can I send you flowers! smile.gif

I was so close amd getting really frustrated...

thanks a million..

sans the missing front " it worked like a charm... and you can't use a : after warning, as in WARNING: blah blah...

"_x setdammage 1; hint Format[""%1 was killed for leaving the mission zone.."", name _x]" foreach thislist

<span id='postcolor'>

&

"hint Format[""WARNING %1 you are about to leave the mission zone.."", name _x]" foreach thislist

<span id='postcolor'>

thanks again...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KrilionGD @ Sep. 18 2002,09:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 18 2002,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do this instead:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint Format[""WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone..."", _x]" foreach thislist;<span id='postcolor'>

Or doing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint Format[""WARNING: %1 you are about to leave the mission zone..."", name _x]" foreach thislist;<span id='postcolor'>

Might be a bit more informative.<span id='postcolor'>

Dude! I love you... can I send you flowers! smile.gif

I was so close amd getting really frustrated...

thanks a million..

sans the missing front " it worked like a charm... and you can't use a : after warning, as in WARNING: blah blah...

"_x setdammage 1; hint Format[""%1 was killed for leaving the mission zone.."", name _x]" foreach thislist

<span id='postcolor'>

&

"hint Format[""WARNING %1 you are about to leave the mission zone.."", name _x]" foreach thislist

<span id='postcolor'>

thanks again...<span id='postcolor'>

"thislist" on which does this refer to?

I got a script which don´t work:

#start

_timer1 = 0

?(player distance bmp1) =< 2:goto "loop1"

~1

goto "start"

#loop1

_timer1 = _timer1 + 1

~1

?_timer1 == 10: player setdammage 0.1; goto "start"

?(player distance fire1) =< 2:goto "loop1"<span id='postcolor'>

This should be damaging an Soldier (doesn´t matter AI or Player) if he comes near this Object. And this often, if he keeps in range.

?(player distance bmp1) =< 2:goto "loop1"<span id='postcolor'>

This don´t work, I get an Error on the line.

Please help! Thank you, for your time

Just change =< to <= and it will work.

RED