fn_Quiksilver

=BTC= Revive [working version][code dump]

Credit: =BTC= Giallustio, Author of =BTC= Revive
Link: =BTC= Revive Official Thread
Link (NEW!): =BTC= Quick revive

DL link at bottom.

-----

HI guys,

Just purging some old code I have lurking around on my PC, thought others might be able to make use of this before I delete it.

I have not seen an official BTC Revive update in some time so the intention of this is respectful and just to address some issues many people have had with it in the past few months.

----------

EDIT:

The script author has stated:

I won't update this script anymore, too much time consuming and honestly, i'm start to hating it If I re-open the script one more time probably I'm gonna re-write it from scratch and it's not a good idea!

If you want to try something similar but a bit advanced you should take a look at the system used in Hearts and Minds

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148085-BTC-Revive&p=2818423&viewfull=1#post2818423
----------------

This post is just to put out a working version of =BTC= Revive, as I know many many people still use it in their scenarios.

It's a stripped down (running code, not file size) version of =BTC= Revive with some/all of the bugs fixed and a few nice performance-enhancing tweaks and some extras.

These edits were all done 6-8 months ago, just sitting on my PC gathering virtual dust.

Pop open the spoiler to see more details.

Download link below.

cheers! :)

Details:

This is an edited version of BTC Revive, most or all bugs should be resolved.

Fixes:

- Losing gear on revive [RESOLVED]
- Respawn button off-screen [RESOLVED]
- Can't move when initiating dragging (a hint prompt is issued for how to overcome). [RESOLVED]
- Fire causing slower frame rate/stuttering [RESOLVED]
- Spectate 'Free Cam' is fast and responsive again [RESOLVED]

Some things have been disabled:

Mobile respawn. (functionality restored & more config options added)
'Advanced' system.
BTC Revive marker. can re-enable in configs i believe. was disabled bc the included icons.sqf manages the player markers/icons.

A couple optimizations:

- CPU intensive Handle Damage event handler disabled.
- a CPU intensive while {true} 'get gear' loop has been disabled.
- Mobile Respawn vehicle monitor optimized slightly.

A couple additions:

- Lots more Mobile Respawn config options. (markers,addaction,text,hints)
- Medical trucks (or any config defined vehicles) can be used as mobile heal stations, with all players able to heal others within 5m of it.

Instructions:

Grab the BTC Revive related stuff from init.sqf, description.ext, and in the scripts folder and transplant into your mission.

* This version does not require external gear-memorization scripts/code.

Updated:

- Adjusted respawn dialog to display at all monitor resolutions
- Restored Mobile Respawn functionality.
- Added a bunch of new config options for the Mobile Respawn, specifically for the markers, hints, text and addAction.
- v1.3 BTC camera more responsive to input.

Download link (updated):

=BTC= Revive by =BTC= Giallustio [Quiksilver Edit] - v1.3
File: QS_BTCRevive_Demo5.Altis

Edited by mdcclxxvi
  • Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

A PM would have been great, but you have my permission to edit and distribute it. Keep up the good work!

Hello M8t,

There is nothing in the download zip except a .pbo Demo Mission ?

A PM would have been great, but you have my permission to edit and distribute it. Keep up the good work!

Apologies as per our PM convo. :)

Would it be possible to add the Mobile Re-spawn back in?

Done. Added a heap of new config options for the mobile respawn as well, mainly relating to the markers, hints and addAction text.

Updated file in original post.

Hello M8t,

There is nothing in the download zip except a .pbo Demo Mission ?

The .pbo demo mission contains the revive code in working order. You can load it up and "try before you buy". You'll have to transplant the stuff you need. Be cautious with the file paths. There is a reason why it is in the "scripts" folder. All the addActions are file-path sensitive, for example

player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Drag") + "</t>",[b]"scripts\[/b]=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_drag], 8, true, true, "", "[] call BTC_check_action_drag"];

Assuming everything is in working order and I didn't bugger anything up :), this will likely be my last post in the thread. If you need assistance can PM me.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Good job!

One question: This version has support for non 1080p pc monitors?

The previous version has problems showing the respawn buttos in non HD resolution and the only solution is reduce the size of the fonts in the UI.

I check the issue and theres related with the respawn window.

Good job!

One question: This version has support for non 1080p pc monitors?

The previous version has problems showing the respawn buttos in non HD resolution and the only solution is reduce the size of the fonts in the UI.

I check the issue and theres related with the respawn window.

Done.

Respawn button has been brought back into the 4:3 screen safezone. What this means is all monitors will display the button at any resolution, since they all show the 4:3 zone in the middle of the screen.

If there are any other such things, let me know. I was not thorough, just addressed the respawn button.

2014-10-16_00001_zps3a3f1ef8.jpg

Change log:

- Respawn dialog: Corrected dialog for respawn button to display at all resolutions

- Mobile respawn: Finished up the config options for mobile respawn, specifically related to when the mobile respawn gets destroyed, there are now working options to configure the marker further.

- Medical trucks: Added config option for addAction text when healing near medical truck.

Updated DL link in original post.

Assuming everything is in working order and I didn't bugger anything up, this will likely be my last post in the thread. If you need assistance can PM me.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest
updated to v1.3

I downloaded one the earlier releases of this tweak. I turned on "free" and it seems that it is very choppy in response to the controls that manipulate the view.

Any tips to fix ?

I downloaded one the earlier releases of this tweak. I turned on "free" and it seems that it is very choppy in response to the controls that manipulate the view.

Any tips to fix ?

Done.

Updated version to 1.3 in original post.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Hey. I'm struggling a little bit. I get that what i have just downloaded is a mission PBO file and I get the 'try before you buy idea' and I have tried it it's great! How do I buy it? The description and init file is easy to make up but how do i actually get your modified BTC code out of the PBO file? Thanks!

Hey. I'm struggling a little bit. I get that what i have just downloaded is a mission PBO file and I get the 'try before you buy idea' and I have tried it it's great! How do I buy it? The description and init file is easy to make up but how do i actually get your modified BTC code out of the PBO file? Thanks!

Copy and paste into your mission file.

In =BTC=_respawn.h on 51-54 strings we have nonexistent sounds.

Please change on it

soundEnter[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscButton\soundEnter", 0.09, 1};
soundPush[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscButton\soundPush", 0.0, 0};
soundClick[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscButton\soundClick", 0.07, 1};
soundEscape[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\RscButton\soundEscape", 0.09, 1};

Sorry for my poor English.

And you can do a little BTS mod only: All side units and mobile .:confused:

I like BTC and Farooqs. Both are easy to install/use/edit.

Farooqs is a bit more user friendly IF you just getting into the whole sqf scene.

Is this version of BTC the same as the Hearts and Minds revive?

If SO YES!!!

I will check this version later.

You also can't add more than two mobile respawns.

If either party move during revive, it stops the "reviver" from accessing addaction menus.

Sometimes first aid packs are taken from both players during revive, sometimes a random amount is removed.

Edited by nullsys

You also can't add more than two mobile respawns.

If either party move during revive, it stops the "reviver" from accessing addaction menus.

Sometimes first aid packs are taken from both players during revive, sometimes a random amount is removed.

Giallustio, the creator of this system now has much more recent medical system published. One in his Hearts & Minds mission and another also coming soon. There is limited support for BTC Revive.

This version is merely a 'mostly' working copy requested by many pvp and coop communities still using BTC, I did not add features or my own flavor to it aside from the medical truck integration and improvement of the MHQ communications.

1. Don' think there was ever support for more than 2 Mobile Respawns (per side?). Not sure though.

2. The animations are quite unstable these days. For the public servers I do some coding for, was thinking about patching up the animations back to reasonable stability. Unfortunately it is not cut and dry. BTC REvive makes use of a number of scheduled animations and the system is quite tangled. I would first have to test a bit to see if playMoveNow can be shaped to a scheduled script properly.

3. Not sure about the first aid packs. It should remove 1 from either healed or healer. Sure someone isn't having a feel around in your backpack while you are busy? :)

Giallustio is active and making revive type stuff, I'd suggest trying out his newer stuff before acquiring gray hairs working with BTC Revive.

These days I simply dont want to spend the time on it. If you have one specific request/bug report that you would like addressed above all others, post it and perhaps I can scrape together a few minutes to sort it out!

I remember that there isn't any limit for the mobiles numbers, but i'm not pretty sure, it's a long time now

Hi Quicksilver,

i ran into some issues with your revive script.

1. If you die inside a vehicle (eg. crash while flying a Helicopter), you'll get a black-screen and the actionmenu won't be available.

-> I was able to fix that bug, simly by replacing "eject" with "GetOut" in the revive_functions.sqf.

2. If you get run over by your own vehicle (eg. eject Strider at higher speeds), you'll allso get a black-screen and the actionmenu won't be available to respawn.

Thanks in advance,

schmingo

#####

@Giallustio

Do you already have an idea when you will release the new script?