Sign in to follow this  
bracer

Z-fighting or texture error?

Hey there!

I'm having this weird issues with some buildings when player is inside another building or just near a sidewalk or building:

It's probably "Z-fighting"?

How can I solve this?

In some cases the glass texture is close to another texture which might cause it, but in some cases the textures are very far apart.

These cases where the textures actually are far apart is what mostly bothers me!?!

Thanks in advance!

/Bracer

Have you selected all the glass trancparacy texture and go to faces then move to top?

Yep, I did that.

I tried moving the texture behind the glass texture to bottom, but no luck really...

I also played with the Z bias low/high setting, but I don't rellay understand it, and it sometimes make the texture with High bias visible through other buildings.

Hey bracer from the video that's happening to glass on the buildings really far away right. If so I would remove the glass faces from that lod, at that far distance you won't be able to see the glass anyway.

Yes, that sounds like an idea!

I tried at some point, but since the material is slightly shinig, it's quite obvious when the lod switches to the one without the glass.

I will work on it for version 0.6.

Thanks for the help M1lkm8n!