TedHo

[SP] In Our Time (Campaign) v1.05

Congrats for your finalist nomination in Make Arma Not War Contest!
Seconded! You totally deserve it man, awesome job on this campaign.

Thanks guys! =)

Hi ted_hou,

Thanks for creating this campaign, it's very nice, especially the last two missions. Voice acting was well done and the missions are quite polished.

I had a few issues (using 1.40 RC build):

First mission - when I exited the hunter while the friendly reinforcements were nearby, and the exploding hunter disabled (but did not destroy) the reinforcement APC. I then saw this script error:

13:35:02 Error in expression <d = TRUE;
_killer = (units group (_this select 1)) select 0;
_killer kbAddTopic >
13:35:02   Error position: <select 1)) select 0;
_killer kbAddTopic >
13:35:02   Error Zero divisor

After this the mission seemed to get stuck and could not be completed. The base sitrep call never came and I only recall seeing one enemy vehicle.

Second mission - Cutscene after clearing the building at overwatch point starts too quickly, I threw two grenades through the window, the first killed the enemies and started the cutscene, then the second went off and killed us. Greenback forces at Schoonerhead set their explosives off too soon and blow themselves up.

Third mission - I did not board the helicopter quickly enough and it took off without us. If this occurs the mission cannot be completed, even by running all the way to base instead.

On mission 3 i cant seem to continue when the shopper lands the units inside disembark and when me and my team embarks the shopper we end up just waiting for the shopper to start moving, but the shopper does not seem to move at all. Is this due to the new expansion being released? 

best of regards

On mission 3 i cant seem to continue when the shopper lands the units inside disembark and when me and my team embarks the shopper we end up just waiting for the shopper to start moving, but the shopper does not seem to move at all. Is this due to the new expansion being released? 

best of regards

Just happened to me. I got out the chopper and threw a colored smoke grenade(which was hinted just before chopper arrived) near the "already arrived chopper" which solved the issue. 

Haven't played many mod-missions/campaigns but this one's story was better than the east wind and missions were much more enjoyable to execute. Thanks.

I`ve been downloading a bunch of campaigns lately (seeing as the apex one is just dreadful - first time I`ve ever said that about an arma campaign...), and just played through this one. Utterly fantastic :)

Campaign was absolutely bug-free for me here. Everything worked as it should. Only thing I found that could be close to a bug was not managing to complete the mines objective in the Altis Airways mission, but I probably just didn`t place them in exactly the right spots.

Great atmosphere, voice work, a shitload of polish, and fully recommended to anyone that hasn`t tried it yet.

Thanks ted_hou, and all involved.

• Like 1

I'm stuck on the "Caught In A Trap" mission. After I secure the military base, during that cutscene with the POWs and the helicopter getting shot down, after the fast movers go by the game gives me a "mission failed: friendly fire will not be tolerated" message.

i know that this is currently down from the Steam workshop for bug fixes, but I wanted to play it anyway because the sequel is up and I want to play that, too; but I came across what may be a "gamebreaking" bug.  The cutscene at the end of mission 4 "Caught In A Trap" it plays the whole cutscene and then never does anything; im just sitting there on the rooftop with my team and most of the guys on the ground dead until LONG after the vehicles stop flaming and smoking.  Also when I reload a previous save from that mission I can't move my character or access any menu, i.e., inventory, map, or otherwise, except the escape button menu, which allows me to save and exit the campaign and re-load to that save upon selecting that mission.  I have done this and the bug with the cutscene still happens.  I have even tried restarting mission 3 and playing back to that point and it still happens.  I'm not sure if it is a bug on your end or if it may be something with my mods.

Arma3 version:  1.66.139586

CBA version:  3.2.1.170227

All current CUP addons

Double Weapons by RayzZy

Simple Single Player Cheat Menu by Benargee (I normally run invincibility for myself and squadmates; I tried turning it off to see if that made a difference (it did not))

KA Weapons Pack NEW by KICKASS

KA Sniper Rifle Pack

NATO_Rus_Weapons_CBA by massi

(No virtual arsenal modifcation to my loadout (no use of workshop addon weapons during this playthrough, vanilla weapons and loadout only))

(No virtual garage vehicles added during this playthrough either)

I also have ACE3 downloaded but I am not currently using it because I like being able to see the zero distance of the scope in meters rather than the guess work of finer tuning with ACE.

The other campaigns I have at the moment in case that makes a difference is Navy Seals: Blood Brothers by [FR] Helios Productions and your own Bell Tolls, and a few campaigns from steam workshop that go in the Scenarios section. I can list those, too, if it'll make a difference to you.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:13 PM, xUndyingPhoenix said:

The cutscene at the end of mission 4 "Caught In A Trap" it plays the whole cutscene and then never does anything; im just sitting there on the rooftop with my team and most of the guys on the ground dead until LONG after the vehicles stop flaming and smoking.  Also when I reload a previous save from that mission I can't move my character or access any menu, i.e., inventory, map, or otherwise, except the escape button menu, which allows me to save and exit the campaign and re-load to that save upon selecting that mission.  I have done this and the bug with the cutscene still happens.  I have even tried restarting mission 3 and playing back to that point and it still happens.  I'm not sure if it is a bug on your end or if it may be something with my mods.

I had this problem with "Caught In A Trap" as well.  No way to proceed after airstrike.  Campaign must be aborted or mission skipped using endmission cheat.  Using 1.68 stable, no mods except for Bell Tolls campaign.  I had no Friendly Fire message or anything.  Also, before this, after team disembarks from Panther IFV to assault AAF base near Pyrgos, rest of team heads to S/SE for some reason, away from base.  So I cleaned out the base myself. 

As above, I also was frozen if I loaded any savegame at that point, possibly because player died during cutscene.  I couldn't move at all no matter which save I loaded.  But if I quit mission, then I could load a save normally, although cutscene problem at end occurs every time.

The campaign has been utterly fantastic, and virtually bug free, up until this point.  Excellent work!

---

Edit - 

Mission 02 - Up Cadillac (Recon): AAF Gorgon IFV at base northeast of Checkpoint Schoonerhead was already blown for some reason when I reached OP Cadillac and got the AT launcher.  The Gorgon wreck was in road at the base.  Possibly this was caused by the fact that I may have blown the Gorgon using Titan AT in first mission.  If so, then Gorgon wreck shouldn't be at base, but where it was blown near defense point in first mission, and the task about destroying the IFV shouldn't be assigned, or even exist.

Mission 02 - Up Cadillac (Recon):  Greenback forces at Schoonerhead set their explosives off too soon and blow themselves up.  AAF soldiers should flee before CP is blown (or shelled?).

Mission 02 - Up Cadillac (Recon):  CP Humpback - cutscene can start and then player and mate can be killed during cutscene by AAF along road to north.  Once cutscene starts, that AAF patrol should be deleted, or at least have simulation disabled (better), until cutscene ends.

I am getting stuck in the cutscene where the helicopter gets shot down and crashes while my soldiers are sitting on a roof. The helicopter crashes to the ground, kills all my teammates and I am stuck unable to move (though I can look around freely). I have not found a way to progress past this yet. I did try starting the mission completely over and the exact same bug occurred after I secured the base and the cutscene loaded again. It's been fun up until this point though and the only other bug I've really encountered has been sometimes having a savegame where my character can't move.

There is a bug in mission 4 caught in a trap:

the MH-9 seems to be locked, I can't get in.

Stable branch, no mod running.

On 17.01.2018 at 10:07 PM, Wiki said:

There is a bug in mission 4 caught in a trap:

the MH-9 seems to be locked, I can't get in.

Stable branch, no mod running.

Same thing. Want to proceed, because it was very interesting before this bug. But can't :icon_cry:

Un'pbo-ed campaign, opened mission 4 in editor and added simple trigger to move player into helicopter. So was able to finish campaign. No other issues was encountered. Thanks to autor! Camp is great!

On 1/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, vlad_ptu said:

Un'pbo-ed campaign, opened mission 4 in editor and added simple trigger to move player into helicopter. So was able to finish campaign. No other issues was encountered. Thanks to autor! Camp is great!

how did you do that?

Posting into a 2018 thread lol!!! 

I edited de file Chat1.sqf at mission 4 and comented line 48 to enable an empty seat in the chopper using pbomanager to unpack/pack de campaing, if anyone needs the solution.