TedHo

[SP] In Our Time (Campaign) v1.05

in_our_time_3.jpg

In Our Time

by

ted_hou

Fully voiced Arma 3 SP campaign with a focus on story and immersion.

Bell Tolls, the sequel to In Our Time is now available!

Big thanks to anyone who waited for the sequel. If anyone is interested in voice acting and would like to help I would appreciate it!

Description:

'In Our Time' is a short, single-player campaign consisting of five connected, well-written, story-driven missions that occurred on the same day, during which the situation deteriorated fast for NATO peacekeeping forces stationed on Altis. The plot is unfolded in the eyes of Cpl. 'Nomad' Walker, who would soon need to adapt to the changing situations...

Features:

• Voiceacting: Featuring 10 professional voiceactors with a variety of American, British and Greek accents.
  • Story: A compelling story told with well-scripted cutscenes.
  • Gear persistence: Player weapons/gear/health is inherited throughout the campaign. Failing to pack mission-critical equipmentcould have consequences later on in the campaign.
  • Choices: Choices on how to complete missions. Optional tasks that are risky but provide reward later on.
  • Music: Carefully placed music tracks.

Mission content:

• Mission 01 - Checkpoint Alpha (Defence)
  • Mission 02 - Up Cadillac (Recon)
  • Mission 03 - Altis Airways (Defence)
  • Mission 04 - Caught In A Trap (Combined Assult)
  • Mission 05 - No Grave (Stealth)

Changelog:

v1.05

• Fixed an issue in mission 4 where the player is ordered to disembark the little bird as soon as he boards.[/li]
  • Enabled debug console for mission 4, this should allow dev branch users to board the little bird using the console command "player moveInCargo Bee2".[/li]
  • Various bug fixes and improvements.[/li]

Credits & thanks:

Morgenstern (morgensternproductions.weebly.com)

Cliff Thompson

Peter Reynolds (peterreynoldsva.com)

David Botcher

Joel Leigh Deakin

Anthony Ingruber (www.imdb.com/name/nm3452021)

Mathieu Abdi

Lucas Boggie

Jonathan Bullock

Enrique Gurule Jr.

Armaholic Download:

- Armaholic

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Campaigns folder.

Steam Workshop:

- Subscribe

Enable the addon "[sP] In Our Time" in you ArmA 3 Launcher.

Make Arma Not War entry:

- Vote

Edited by ted_hou

This is really top notch...I burned through it in an afternoon as I just had to keep going!

Some things that could be improved upon...

Note that these could just be ARMA related issues and perhaps not solvable.

I'm using ARMA 1.26 with no mods

Caught In A Trap

Biggest issue was storming the building that had 7 -10 AAF guys inside guarding it in the military complex.

They were almost completely non responsive to my attack.

I opened the door, saw a dude and threw a couple of grenades.

Peeked inside saw some more guys who completely ignored the grenades and took them out 1 by 1 and not one turned to fight.

Same with the others who were guarding the smaller rooms.

Not one of them came out to see what the hell was going on.

No Grave

This was a challenging map and I loved it thoroughly!

My first action was to get to the old castle and get a vantage point.

Walking up the stairs with only my rangefinder in NVG mode was quite spectacular.

Even more so when I ran into the sniper team!

Scared the shit outta me!

Only thing that was a little silly is that they were completely oblivious to me there.

They were looking the other way, but how they didn't 'hear' me at all is...kinda dumb.

Really looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Hi ballard_44,

Thanks for your great feedback! Glad you liked it!

I think there is indeed a thing or two I could do to fix the non-responsive AI. I'll include it in the next patch.

Really helpful info. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

Hi colonel stagler,

Glad you liked it! I'll be making a sequel, 'Bell Tolls', over the next few months!

Amazing. Together with the Resist-Campaign it is the best campaign I ever played in Arma 3.

Good Luck for the MANW-Contest. You have my vote.

Brilliant campaign so far, played the first three missions and loved them. I''d highly recommend this to anyone who wants some solid infantry gameplay, I think this really captures the spirit of what ARMA is to me. The voice acting is good quality and is so much nicer than reading subtitles.

Had a great moment in the third mission, as the helicopter arrived and landed behind the house I started to go out one door only to jump right back in as a guy up against the front wall of the house opened up. I tried to return fire on full auto, hitting him but not killing him. As I reloaded I realised that I'd just fired my last full magazine, I was down to one with only five rounds. Thankful I'd actually nicked a pistol off one of the AAF guys in the second mission I managed to use that to take him down and then got my guys with me to sprint out back to the helicopter. In the end we made it, but only just. A really great moment in a top notch campaign.

EDIT: Finished it too the end, loved it. Felt that the fourth mission (which started really well) finished a bit flat but then the ending cutscene livened it up more. Fifth mission was awesome, nothing like a bit of sneaking around. And a nice ending as well, I really hope that you'll continue this and we'll see a sequel.

Edited by Jona33

Hi reforger,

Plenty of thanks for voting! Glad you enjoyed it!

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Hi Jona33,

Thanks for your great comment! And for the great story in the third mission. I do believe the freedom and the fact that every playthrough is different is what make ArmA great.

Glad you enjoyed the campaign. I am still working slowly on the sequel and I might be able to finish it sometime next year.

Cheers!

Great mission so far, but I think 1.34 broke it up:

at the beginning of mission 4, I can't stay in the chopper, I'm automatically ejected from it.

I think the new FFV feature has something to do with it.

Can you have a look at it please?

Great mission so far, but I think 1.34 broke it up:

at the beginning of mission 4, I can't stay in the chopper, I'm automatically ejected from it.

I think the new FFV feature has something to do with it.

Can you have a look at it please?

I had that happen to me as well (I had MCC though so I just teleported myself to the landing site). I also met that in the first mission of Survive though so it might not be anything to do with the mission.

Hi Wiki, thanks for the report.

People were having trouble with the little bird since the dev build helicopter update. I recently released an update (v1.06) intended to fix this.

However, I just found that the armaholic download link still links to the 1.05 version. I'll ask the host to upload the new version soon. Meanwhile, you could use console command "player moveInCargo Bee2" to teleport yourself back into the chopper.

Hope this helps!

try the armaholic or steam workshop link, should both be updated. if you still run into trouble pls let me know

So, just finished, and it's just :eek:

Congrats, very nice, as professional as BIS ones (even better in some points) - just like Resist by Kydoimos or Deliverance by Sarge Studio!

So, one thing: too short... eager to see what's next (to be continued...)

Are you currently working on the sequel?

Great, I'm glad you enjoyed it. : )

I'm about halfway done with the sequel, which would be longer and would allow more freedom. I expect to be able to release the final version in January or February 2015.

Thanks for your great comment and support.

Hi I downloaded your file and put it in campaign folder but it's not showing up in game campaign menu.

any suggest?

Edited by VoiceOfArmA

Make sure C01_InOurTime_MANW.pbo is in the campaigns folder if you haven't already done that. That should work.

Anyway, you could also try subscribing to the addon version on steam workshop. Just subscribe and activate in A3 Launcher.

Hope this helps.

hey ted, how is your sequel going? do you already know how many missions there will be?

Just copying my Steam comment:

Short, but excellent!

Athmospheric Mini-Campaign, with very detailed plot, characters and felling.

Cutscenes included, conversations included and a lot of action.

For those of you who remember Operation Flashpoint: do you know the "After Montignac" mission? The last mission of this campaign is an outstanding successor of that "lone wolf escaping a bunch of enemies in hostile surrounding" with definately no chance to blow them all away.

I was hitting the "reload" button a few times before I managed to make some progress.

So the campaign really meets what ArmA Series stands for!

Thank you for that and keep up your work!

yeah, I totally agree!

I think this campaign, green draw, resist and deliverance were the kind of campaign I expected in ArmA 3

they're much better than the official one!

(MERCS is very good aswell!)

I can't seem to get this campaign / Scenario to work no matter what I do.

I've tried to subscribe via Steam, I've tried downloading it manually from Armaholic and putting it into folders named "Campaigns", "Campaign", "campaign(s)" etc. in any folder where Arma 3 is present in some way and it will simply not show up anywhere in game.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get it to work?

I can't seem to get this campaign / Scenario to work no matter what I do.

I've tried to subscribe via Steam, I've tried downloading it manually from Armaholic and putting it into folders named "Campaigns", "Campaign", "campaign(s)" etc. in any folder where Arma 3 is present in some way and it will simply not show up anywhere in game.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get it to work?

me have this problem too mentioned in previous posts.

Me as well, tried subscribing, which didn't work. Then tried both Armaholic downloads to no avail (placed the .pbo in F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Campaigns folder). Can not get it to show up in game at all to try it out

Can the 1.0.6 version be flawed somehow ?