Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 Sukhoi Su-25 Port

The good old Sukhoi Su-25 from Arma 2, now ported to Arma 3!

As my previous releases it contains all the textures and versions from Arma 2.

Many thanks to geraldbolso1899 who fixed the original HUD for me!

I added a new skin for the Su-25TM that goes along nicely with my Russian Naval Infantry mod and has a close resemblance to the Naval Aviation camo.

Also note that the Kh-29L is compatible with Laser Designators, so while it doesn't have guided bombs it still has guided missiles.

As always if you find any bug please contact me.

Addon is signed, inside the folder you can find the bikey too.

Have a nice day!

Known Problems:

None. If you find any please contact me!!

Credits

BIS - Models and original textures

geraldbolso1899 - HUD fix

Chairborne - Textures, config, port, etc...

DISCLAIMER

For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.

Released under Arma Public License - read here for more information: http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license

Changelog

V0.1 - 11/10/2014

- Initial Release

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tav7hee5c3rr8o/%40Cha_Su25.rar?dl=0

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

su-34 and mi-24, l-39 versions please.

Edited by wolfgarth

Yay! Your frogfoot is great and your custom HUD is awesome, Chairborne! Hope you give later a little more love to your naval russians (their AK74M needs some russian scopes, doesn´t it?) and your LAV (it still can´t be spawnable through MCC)

cheers!

;2792685']Yay! Your frogfoot is great and your custom HUD is awesome' date=' Chairborne! Hope you give later a little more love to your naval russians (their AK74M needs some russian scopes, doesn´t it?) and your LAV (it still can´t be spawnable through MCC)

cheers![/quote']

I have geraldbolso to thank for the HUD, i would've NEVER fixed it on my own.

Yeah i have some stuff to update, and even more stuff planned.

The only thing i don't have is time lol.

Regarding that MCC bug, i still haven't figured out why it won't work, if you figure it out let me know so i can fix it.

Regarding that MCC bug, i still haven't figured out why it won't work, if you figure it out let me know so i can fix it.

Shay_gman and Spirit6 offered to take a look at your LAV config so you could fix this issue, send them the files and I´m quite sure they´d help you out =)

They already said they'd look into it, maybe it slipped off their mind or couldn't find any solution who knows.:confused:

Will there be Load-out screen? Its so much better Than BWI one. CCIP and a modernized cockpit would be awesome too :)

CCIP won't be in there until BI decides to modernize the air department and put it natively, or some big mod comes around like ACE did with Arma 2.

As for modernized versions, there isn't really any particular difference between Su-25 and Su-25T besides the camera in the cockpit and a couple antennas as far as i know, it's mostly internal components and different engine.

I gave it some serious thought and it's not really worth the trouble seeing how PiP works right now.

If you use my harrier a bit you'll notice it has a thermal camera inside the cockpit but you can't see anything unless you're flying low and slow.

Anyway the cockpit is incredibly detailed, i gotta say BI did an amazing job with the interiors, i didn't remember them as being so nice.

Even at night most indicators have proper reflections and look very good.

Heh - Haven't tried it at night yet. So what about loadout screen?

CCIP won't be in there until BI decides to modernize the air department and put it natively, or some big mod comes around like ACE did with Arma 2.

As for modernized versions, there isn't really any particular difference between Su-25 and Su-25T besides the camera in the cockpit and a couple antennas as far as i know, it's mostly internal components and different engine.

I gave it some serious thought and it's not really worth the trouble seeing how PiP works right now.

If you use my harrier a bit you'll notice it has a thermal camera inside the cockpit but you can't see anything unless you're flying low and slow.

Anyway the cockpit is incredibly detailed, i gotta say BI did an amazing job with the interiors, i didn't remember them as being so nice.

Even at night most indicators have proper reflections and look very good.

Agreed on the cockpit, its one of the most detalied pits by BIS ever.

Regarding the tv monitor and bla bla, to be more factual, this version shouldn't have a dedicated HUD, only a piper that shows where the gun is aiming :s

UPDATE V0.2 - 14/02/2015

I haven't made any substantial changes for now, however i remade the Naval Aviation camo with a more accurate version in colors and pattern, and added an extra one with soviet era markings and a different loadout (unguided bombs instead of missiles).

Also, i modified the editor faction classes so they have proper A2 style factions and changed the materials so they look overall better.

Hope you enjoy it. =)

http://i.imgur.com/7u8Kx8k.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x74HqrZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qjndkSD.jpg

Changelog:

V0.2 - 14/02/2015

- Added new Soviet Naval Aviation camo

- Remade Russian Naval Aviation camo

- Changed editor layout

- Improved materials

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tav7hee5c3rr8o/%40Cha_Su25.rar?dl=0

Thanks Chairborne! You do a lot of good work mate!

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!