Sign in to follow this  
Dunaden Shadow-Thane

Editing new pistols / sidearms?

Which program would I need to use in order to alter or generate new weapons?

There are a few rifles I would like to duplicate using actual ballistics info for the rounds. Specifically, my .300 Win Mag rifle, my 30-.06 Browning, and my Mini-14. Also like to make a Mini-30 with collapsible stock. I'm not going to go nuts with graphics, I can live with close approximations from other guns I have downloaded. But I would like to have some fun.

Also thinking about a few pistols.... .454 Casul THE most powerful handgun in the world, .45 Glock, .380, etc.

Anyone know how I might go about making a silenced 9mm with laser site? Now THAT would be fun.... perfect for those missions where you bring a heavy automatic for laying it down but need something with finesse for infiltration or sneak shots. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dunaden Shadow-Thane @ Sep. 17 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also like to make a Mini-30 with collapsible stock.<span id='postcolor'>

lol we need some A Team skins to this gun. great idea! smile.gif

BTW are you planning to make a proper M1911??

i'm missing this one biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also like to make a Mini-30 with collapsible stock.

lol we need some A Team skins to this gun. great idea!<span id='postcolor'>

Then, make it really really inaccurate... A-team really needs targetpractice

A buddy of mine might throw in and play with a few weapon models. I'm not such a stickler for the weapons looking "just right" as long as they accurately represent how the real one would work. But I'll see what he's up for doing with the models. I don't expect it to be soon since he's building a new PC in a week or two.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dunaden Shadow-Thane @ Sep. 17 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.454 Casul THE most powerful handgun in the world<span id='postcolor'>

I think the .50 Action Express beats it... tounge.gif

What is the .50 Action Express?

Do you know how much POWDER is in a Casul round? They recommend that you do not fire one more than two rounds in a day or risk permanent damage to your tendons and possible carpel tunnel. wow.gif

I've never heard of the .50 Action Express before, tell me more!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ Sep. 18 2002,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My 1911 is almost done just a few things need to be fixed here and there Link<span id='postcolor'>

move it soldier! biggrin.gif

looks fine smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They recommend that you do not fire one more than two rounds in a day or risk permanent damage to your tendons and possible carpel tunnel.

<span id='postcolor'>

not very usefull in OFP...

hmm doesn't seem to be very usefull at all confused.gif

but keep working on it. sounds like a funny idea smile.gif

I think it'd be fun to carry the Casul with its 5 round clip. Just the 5 rounds, no more. But make the round powerful enough to kill in one shot and to launch human targets backwards a few feet biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dunaden Shadow-Thane @ Sep. 18 2002,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They recommend that you do not fire one more than two rounds in a day or risk permanent damage to your tendons and possible carpel tunnel.   wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I thought I've heard it all, but obviously I have'nt.

That is by far the most redicolus thing I've heard so far.

Who are "THEY" ?

The only thing that happends when you fire alot of .50AE rounds are that you're going to be broke very soon (expensive ammo, even when re-loading it).

There are no such thing as 'max recommended shots fired a day' for any handgun. Just make sure you clean your gun every 300-400 rounds for minimum wear on the gun itself and to maintain the gun's functionality (no jamming).

It appears I was wrong:

.454 Casull  16.8 grains | 548 m/second | 2535 joules

.50 Action Express   19.4 grains | 420 m/second| 1719 joules

The .50AE fires a heavier bullet, but the .454 travels faster and carries more force. smile.gif

I'm no good at those joules-thingys (guess I slept too much at school) biggrin.gif

but the heavier bullets usually have a lower muzzle-velocity but higher stopping-power...

btw the 16.8 and 19.4 grains are powder weight and not bullet weight. So they really don't tell you anything as these are two completely different calibers.

Never heard of a .454

That's a rifle-bullet right? Would'nt be right comparing rifle and handgun-bullets. Most rifle-ammo are usually always alot more powerfull (stopping-power) than any handgun-ammo.

454-casull-bullseye.jpg

No, the .454 Casull is a pistol round, used in this baby:

revolvers1.jpg

As for the weights, the table I got this info from said it was the bullet weight, not the powder, but it may have been wrong.