Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Squad (PR:BF2 Devs)

Love the 5 seconds of that video where you actually can see something...

My cat hates me for having tried to watch that video :icon_bash:

A youtube-video in a youtube-video, that's to high for me. 

• Like 1

It's actually comedy. But I thought it was great given Blue doesn't edit videos. But yeah, you can find the original video on the Squad page anyway. Pretty cool. It reminds me of how great it was to crawl in first person first thing back in the DayZ mod days.

It's actually comedy. But I thought it was great given Blue doesn't edit videos. But yeah, you can find the original video on the Squad page anyway. Pretty cool. It reminds me of how great it was to crawl in first person first thing back in the DayZ mod days.

"February is the month of love for Squad."

:'D

This game looks really good! Early access is a bit pricey but should be well worth it hopefully.

Are there any vehicles?
Or do they plan to add some?

I'm wondering if I am the only one: the game is actual a total mess for me. I have extreme long loading times and regular crashes. The game needs some minutes to start, and around 2 minutes to join a server. When a server is changing maps the game usally freezes or the server is experiencing the empty-map-bug. And of course, when I manage it to join a server the session will end soon. :rolleyes: 

I remember the game worked well after release, the loading times were ok and I haven't experienced many crashes. I played the game for some days after release and then I haven't touched it for a while. I wanted to check it out in the last week, but it is unplayable at the moment. It also seems the player amount has gone down. At the moment there are only around 800 players online.

And is there any server with a regular playerbase people can recommend?   

Guest Freerider

Any advice for persuading a friend who love ARMA 3, to get Squad ? ;)

My SQUAD review:

Horrible animations.

Horrible gunplay.

Horrible sound.

Idiotic gameplay.

Too dark - play with the gamma to 2.30 -

Idiotic sector control - you can`t get weapons because reasons -

To me: an mod inflated a game for a bunch of "buddies" with no idea about nothing - gameplay, balancing, modeling, animation, etc, etc -

Dont waste your money on it.

• Like 2

Horrible sound? Really? I really like the sound. Animations could be better, the desert maps are a little ugly, but if you get a squad the radio system makes communication with publics extremely easy.

Some gameplay from last night:

• Like 1

Unfortunately for me this game is like the village idiot. :D

The idea is identical to the battlefield but adapting the ideas of Arma 3 in the most absurd way possible. :angry:

It could be improved by adding and modifying things here and there but of course I will not be the one who supports something that for me would be better in the trash. :rolleyes:

For me this game only exists because a handful of poor unhappy have trusted the company but the result is pathetic. :wacko:

If there was no Arma 3 would be a good alternative but there are things like Arma 3, Insurgency, Battlefield ... is nothing but a poor distorted game that should not have been born. :mellow:

Unfortunately for me this game is like the village idiot. :D

The idea is identical to the battlefield but adapting the ideas of Arma 3 in the most absurd way possible. :angry:

It could be improved by adding and modifying things here and there but of course I will not be the one who supports something that for me would be better in the trash. :rolleyes:

For me this game only exists because a handful of poor unhappy have trusted the company but the result is pathetic. :wacko:

If there was no Arma 3 would be a good alternative but there are things like Arma 3, Insurgency, Battlefield ... is nothing but a poor distorted game that should not have been born. :mellow:

Unfortunately you can't dislike posts in this forum.

I'm one of the poor and unhappy ones that trusted the dev's, what I got so far is the most promising EA-game I ever played. Squad fills the gap between A3 and Battlefield while it is much less clumsier and easier to get into the game then A3. If you want a fast round of a tactical, combined arms PVP without a ton of mods or technical issues to deal with Squad is the game to go. Besides that it's one of the few EA-games where you actually can see some progress and improvements. If you hate Squad in a such passionate way I wonder how you enjoy A3 which literally got most of the same flaws you mentioned, often worser.  

Horrible animations. - Compared to what? ArmA?

Horrible gunplay. - Because you need some proper aim to hit something?

Horrible sound. - What are you talking about?! 7:55  

Idiotic gameplay. - Again, how can you enjoy ArmA or Battlefield where you do basically the same? 

Idiotic sector control - you can`t get weapons because reasons - I don't get your point.

I hope you are aware that you can get your money refunded. 

Alpha 9 is out, adding APC's amongst other vehicles, map expansions, as well as changes to how the FOB system works!

New map has been added, an old PR map: Al Basrah.

Here are some highlights from one of my matches:

• Like 1