Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Fao ntl broadband users in the uk.

NTL have dropped the price for 1mb broadband from Å49.99 to Å34.99, problem is they're not telling one, people are finding out from the Nthellworld.com forums, just figured I'd post this as I know there's a couple of people using NtL on here like me, if you phone up be insisting because the customer support people don't know anything about it, ask them to go speak to sales who will confirm it, if they come back at first and try to tell you it's for new users only (same as they tried to tell me) tell them that's not true, I just doubled my connection for only another Å10 a month smile.gif

This is the thread in question on the Nthellworld forums smile.gif

the Brittish broadband situation is a sham, they wont extend the coverage 7 miles because it ain finacially viable that really sucks

interesting piece of info there placebo, cos they told us it was Å50 on the phone the other night confused.gif

i shall go pester them about this right now! thanks for the heads up smile.gif

edit: oh and btw the link doesnt work,404 error

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Sep. 17 2002,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">interesting piece of info there placebo, cos they told us it was Å50 on the phone the other night confused.gif

i shall go pester them about this right now! thanks for the heads up smile.gif

edit: oh and btw the link doesnt work,404 error<span id='postcolor'>

It works fine for me confused.gif

Maybe NTL customers have been barred tounge.gif

just spoken with NTL, they say its only till the end of this year then the price goes back to Å49.99 sad.gif

Well the dozy buggers are charging me Å10 for 512 access! They are billing me for the 64k charge. Plus I managed to get a free cable modem in the trials they did. Seems I was a 'High Access internet user'. The fact that 2 computers in my house were using the same dialup number didn't occur to them. 32 hours a day internet acess? Crazy!

32 hours a day, how did you work that out? confused.gif

but Å10 for 512 (now 600 i believe) is just damn lucky, how on earth did you pull that off?

NTL are very lax though on their internet policy, so they prolly do know about your 2 different computers but couldnt give a monkeys uncle and letting you get off with it

The 32 hours was the two PC's running. I mainly had downloads/uploads going constantly on one of them.

The Å10 anomaly is was due to poor comunication between two departments, and a bit of luck.

My friend has had cable when it was launched, when 512 cost you Å40 a month. He has never paid a penny. After 3 months of use he started to worry and called up. Back then, it was delt with a franchise. The tech guy checked, realised that it would cause trouble/hassle with NTL, told my mate not to worry and hung up. He's never been charged.

Now he's a lucky bastard!