Sign in to follow this  
cael817

RCon loses its connection

Hi,

Since some time, i think about 1.28 or maybe 1.26 my Rcon tools gets disconnected every 1-5 minutes(without me changing anything besides updating ArmA).

I use BEC and sometimes EPM on the same machine as the server. And ARC or EPM when on another machine.

All of them behaves pretty much the same and looses its connection and then reconnects again. Normally this isnt a problem but with BEC doing the restarts and announcements they sometimes get lost during the disconnect.

Anyone else seen this and found a fix or any insight to this problem?

Thanks.

I have seen this from time to time. and its rather damn annoying if you ask me.

The times i seen this is when the server is under heavyload or massive desync, i do not know if this is the root of the problem or if its related tho..

but it seems when this happend BE is not accepting packets or BE is not sending out a packet.

So if the BE server is not reponding to the keep alive packet or other packet types, it will disconnect the Rcon client. "iirc the time is around 45 sec". or the client will disconnect itself and try to reconnect.. like Bec.

I see the problem with this when using Bec. but there is sadly little i or any other Rcon devs can do about it.

only solution i see is that bis fixes the netcode or change the way BE is implemented which i doubt will happen.

Sorry, i forgot to thanks you for the info Nuxil, i also wanted to inform that i never gott rid of the problem until i did a complete reinstall of windows, i was probably just to lazy to go thru the register or whatever i forgot to remove =).

Bec is a great tool btw!

Thanks again.