deltagamer

ArmA 2 Stryker Pack

Here's Version 1.3 again for the 3rd time,

I've changed the classnames since there is a new group of vehicles with woodland camo, check below for more info on the changes.

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?3muut6xuulcv9i1

ChangeLog

Version 1.3

- Added water durability of 3 meters

- Added Woodland Camo

- Increased speed acceleration

- Wheels are now fixed

- Increased armour values

- Added M1126 ICV M2 GPK (SLAT)

Classname Changes

"M1126_ICV_M2NEST_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_m2_nestslatDES",

"M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_M2_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_M2_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_mk19_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_mk19_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1130_CV_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1130_CV_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1129_MC_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1129_MC_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1135_ATGMV_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1135_ATGMV_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1128_MGS_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1128_MGS_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1133_MEV_DG1_SLATDES",

"M1133_MEV_DG1_NOSLATDES",

"M1126_ICV_M2NEST_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_m2_nestslatWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_M2_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_M2_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_mk19_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1126_ICV_mk19_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1130_CV_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1130_CV_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1129_MC_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1129_MC_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1135_ATGMV_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1135_ATGMV_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1128_MGS_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1128_MGS_DG1_NOSLATWOOD",

"M1133_MEV_DG1_SLATWOOD",

"M1133_MEV_DG1_NOSLATWOOD"

FPDR

Got some bugs; the woodland Mortar Carrier variants still have tan components and all of the woodland Strykers with the exception of the MEVs have the wrong vehicleClass, since they're also in the same category as the Desert variants.

did testing new woodland looks good along with vehicle class

the - Increased armour values has had little effect most of them can be destroyed with 1 maybe 2 rpg's most of the time sorry

Thanks for the new release Deltagamer :D! Really nice to see the fixes and woodland variants, your hardwork on these is greatly appreciated!

Minor Issue: The textures of the 'addon' items on top look quite low resolution (pictured). The front set of attached items, do slightly reduce the visibility of the driver while turned out, but I have no idea if this is something the US military would do. The rear cargo 'addons' also would block the rear top hatches from being used.

http://i.imgur.com/ODWxg7g.jpg (413 kB)

Here are some things that I think would really be the icing on the cake, I believe you already mentioned you had plans for some of them:

Picture in picture displays/ability for driver to use interior LOD without having to turnout/use fixed camera would be epic (working speedometer would be great if this was implemented)! Making the driver experience better/viewpoint less fixed helps to lower potential boredom due to lack of situational awareness.

Being really pedantic here but Perhaps making the first cargo seat (the one the first passenger will take) the one the left side, directly behind the driver as this is the closest seat to the crew and the most useful for a squad leader to occupy as with a range based VOIP system like ACRE it would allow the squad leader better direct comms with the driver and a little bit of visibility towards those PIP screens.

Animated openable rear door :D!

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

did testing new woodland looks good along with vehicle class

the - Increased armour values has had little effect most of them can be destroyed with 1 maybe 2 rpg's most of the time sorry

I'm uploading a hotfix for the class issue right now. As for the armour its accurate, your typical RPG is normally around 40mm so considering how thick the armour is on the stryker you won't get anything better unless you use the SLAT version as from my testing it can manage around 2 PCML rockets with slats. The quote below is from a link warlord gave that is basically everything I need to know about them.

High hardness steel hull to defeat 7.62mm ball.

MEXAS composite/ceramic module bolted to hull structure to defeat 14.5mm ball.

Anti-mine undercarriage armor. Spall liners.

@Sonsalt6 Thanks :)

Thanks for the new release Deltagamer :D! Really nice to see the fixes and woodland variants, your hardwork on these is greatly appreciated!

Minor Issue: The textures of the 'addon' items on top look quite low resolution (pictured). The front set of attached items, do slightly reduce the visibility of the driver while turned out, but I have no idea if this is something the US military would do. The rear cargo 'addons' also would block the rear top hatches from being used.

http://i.imgur.com/ODWxg7g.jpg (413 kB)

Here are some things that I think would really be the icing on the cake, I believe you already mentioned you had plans for some of them:

Picture in picture displays/ability for driver to use interior LOD without having to turnout/use fixed camera would be epic (working speedometer would be great if this was implemented)! Making the driver experience better/viewpoint less fixed helps to lower potential boredom due to lack of situational awareness.

Being really pedantic here but Perhaps making the first cargo seat (the one the first passenger will take) the one the left side, directly behind the driver as this is the closest seat to the crew and the most useful for a squad leader to occupy as with a range based VOIP system like ACRE it would allow the squad leader better direct comms with the driver and a little bit of visibility towards those PIP screens.

Animated openable rear door :D!

Normally the strykers can be packed with far more equipment on top, here's a link to how much they normally have http://i.imgur.com/LKWm5K4.jpg. I will get higher res textures for the hull equipment at some point. As for the rear hatches being blocked this isn't really a problem as I'm not going to be implementing FFV straight away due to me not having a lot of time to spare as I'm working on other mods as well. Everything else you mentioned will come eventually and i'll consider changing the cargo positions later on at some point.

@Foxhound Thanks again :)

By the way, what ur next vehicle?

None, modding is taking up a lot of my time and I still have a lot of other mods to work on.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Here's a small hotfix, the class issue should no longer be a problem.

Version 1.3.1

- Fixed Vehicle Classes

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?z0alqujnip6u9j6

Edited by deltagamer

Thanks for sending us the hotfix version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This mod sure looks interesting but may I suggest putting the Strykers under the NATO Armored category in the editor? This in my opinion helps to reduce clutter in the editor

This mod sure looks interesting but may I suggest putting the Strykers under the NATO Armored category in the editor? This in my opinion helps to reduce clutter in the editor

Wouldn't that clutter it even more? I added in Stryker Pack - Desert and Stryker Pack - Woodland since there would be so much in just the armoured section of NATO making it harder to navigate etc.

RPT Errors in the latest 1.3.1 version, happens with all variants:

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_1_1_destruct - unknown animation source HitLFWheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_1_2_destruct - unknown animation source HitLBWheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_1_3_destruct - unknown animation source HitLMWheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_1_4_destruct - unknown animation source HitLF2Wheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_2_1_destruct - unknown animation source HitRFWheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_2_2_destruct - unknown animation source HitRBWheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_2_3_destruct - unknown animation source HitRMWheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: wheel_2_4_destruct - unknown animation source HitRF2Wheel

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: Glass1_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass1

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: Glass2_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass2

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: Glass3_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass3

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: Glass4_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass4

22:40:06 M1126_ICV_M134_DG1_SLATWOOD: loaderHatch - unknown animation source loaderHatch

First of let me say I'm really enjoying your work so far, contrary to other mods this vehicle feels heavy and that makes it great to drive. Also love that you can see the interior of the vehicle when turned out! But this also leads me to 2 questions:

1) Since the interior is already modeled (regardless of low texture qual, I really dont care) would it be difficult to see the interior when turned in as well? I am no addon-maker so I'm completely oblivious to this, but possibly severely underestimating this wouldn't it just be a matter of either cutting out the viewports (which seem modeled in the hatch already, or pasting some picture-in-picture windows onto the viewports? (Let me finish this by saying the first person view turned in is pretty decent compared to other vehicles)

2) when turned out in atleast the ATGMV variant I can't see the mirrors on the vehicle while they are modeled in 3rd person view and should be in the drivers arc of view. Will working mirrors be added on these vehicles in the future?

Other than these two question I think you already have a very playable mod, thanks for your hard work!

PS. are there any plans to replace the mini Spike missile on the ATGMV by TOW2s?

Edited by Spookeh

Great work deltagamer. I have been using Strykers constantly.

My only suggestion is add the digital compass reading like we have in vanilla armored vehicles. As a Vehicle Commander, it is important to be able to say to driver, "Turn to Two-Eight-Zero." At the moment, we have to estimate the degrees using the compass at the top of the screen.

This may be an issue with ACE, so if it works in vanilla please ignore, but the anti-tank Stryker will fire missile, but it will not hit target. The missile just disappears.

I was going to play around with the source files, but on arma holic the link seems dead, do you have an working link to the source?

Updated mod v1.3.1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey deltagamer , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hello guys,

so I was wondering if there is still someone working on this?

Looks nice, but the only real downside is, the fact that the wheels dont move when driving the vehicle.

Have a nice evening!

1 hour ago, Casual_Boy97 said:

Hello guys,

so I was wondering if there is still someone working on this?

Looks nice, but the only real downside is, the fact that the wheels dont move when driving the vehicle.

Have a nice evening!

You could try the strykers in the CUP pack.  They work and look better.

• Like 2

As much as I like the Strykers there I don't feel like downloading all 3GB worth of files--especially when lots of vehicles there pretty much overlap RHS content--is worth it.

8 hours ago, Kansiov said:

As much as I like the Strykers there I don't feel like downloading all 3GB worth of files--especially when lots of vehicles there pretty much overlap RHS content--is worth it.

Well no one is forcing you to download it..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Well no one is forcing you to download it..

Congratulations for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

All I am alluding to is currently the only way to get working Strykers in game--the primary Armored Personnel Carrier of the US Army--is to download a 3GB mod which contains a lot of redundancy.

1 hour ago, Kansiov said:

Congratulations for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

All I am alluding to is currently the only way to get working Strykers in game--the primary Armored Personnel Carrier of the US Army--is to download a 3GB mod which contains a lot of redundancy.

This mod is no longer being worked on, my work is included within CUP so if you're desperate you know where to look. If it was 10 years ago I would probably agree that 3GB is too much to download but with today's technology I find that excuse to be ridiculous (with the rare exception that is). Especially when delta patching allows one time downloads with small file size updates.