Sign in to follow this  
quadrono

Long pauses/freezes in MP missions. Game recovers but it's annoying as heck.

I primarily play Arma3 A3Wasteland, King of the Hill and Breaking Point. In all three of these Missions/Mods I experience long pauses, usually between 8 and 15 seconds, intermittently. The game recovers and I can continue playing but the pauses are annoying and I cannot count the number of times I have come back from a pause dead on the ground.

A couple things I have noticed about these freezes;

1) It seems to happen more frequently early in a play session, once I have been on the server for 30 to 60 minutes they get much more infrequent or stop happening completely.

2) they seem to happen most frequently (but not exclusively) when I access an in game object, like opening a vehicle inventory, or access a gun/general/vehicle store menu, or get into a vehicle, or going into the player menu, or open a house door.

3) Sometimes they happen when I turn with my mouse.

4) If I just stand still they never happen, I have stood still for up to 20 minutes on joining a server before to test this, and if I just stand there (I pop off a round occasionally to keep from getting an idle boot) it never pauses.

5) Sometimes they just happen, running through town, not doing anything other than moving and turning through the streets.

6) Seems to happen the same amount in cities and out in the countryside.

I am running current drivers for all my hardware. I though it might be Shadowplay/Geforce Experience, but I have turned both off and it still happens. When this happens it's just Arma 3 that freezes, I can still talk to my teammates on teamspeak, I can alt-tab out of the game and do other things on the PC.

Anyone else experiencing this>?

General PC specs

3570K-I5

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Mobo

16GB of RAM

EVGA GTX 770SC

Creative SB X-Fi USB soundcard

Win7Pro running off an SSD

Arma3/Steam running off a 7200rpm 1TB drive.

Both HDDs are defragged weekly and I Contig'd my Arma3 directory.

Thanks

[TACX] Quadrono

Edited by Quadrono

Running hot? Over-clocking? Is the vid card factory over-clocked? Run 'memtest' on the ram?

I run koth smoothly. If temps are good, clocks are good, may try to sweeten the voltage on the vid card a tenth or two.

Saw a post in troubleshooting on vid voltage.

Running hot? Over-clocking? Is the vid card factory over-clocked? Run 'memtest' on the ram?

I run koth smoothly. If temps are good, clocks are good, may try to sweeten the voltage on the vid card a tenth or two.

Saw a post in troubleshooting on vid voltage.

Nothing overclocked, Processor, RAM and GPU all at stock settings. Processor MoBo temps rarely over 45-50C and GPU temps rarely over 60C, I have pretty good cooling.

Figured out the problem!!!

At some point in the past either I or some software had turned off my Page file in Windows. When I found this and turned the Page File back on, pauses in Arma 3 stopped and have not recurred in two nights of testing/playing.