Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - Diver System

* Moderators

Please move this into the 'Completed' thread. It has been released to the public.

DO NOT change the title though. Still W-I-P. Thanks!

By your command.

Hi Goblin,

A m8 of mine mentioned something that made me think of another "case" to be added to your MOD.

- The submarine can be targeted/attacked by enemies which results in a emergency situation.

When people are on board they need to change gear and get to the surface quickly but safe.

You can watch search google for the following movie: Submariner Safety Suit and Escape Training - Jandie Walden

- Add a emergency safety suit to the inventory

- Make a timer that display the amount of damage and water getting in etc..

- Go to emergency exit and hope for the best..

Kind regards,

NullaDies

You can select the location of the Sub from inside. Use the Laptop included. To get the system to Start, just name anything VQI_DIVER_HMSPROTEUS and just place it off to the side of the Map somewhere.

The name of the Sub Room and LOC is DDSLC. You can use the attachTo command to teleport yourself. Use a sleep at the Top so it can start and spawn in the Objects first. Then a detach command of course after you are in. Hope that helps?

I can post more when I get home if not. I'll also post the coordinates of the Room as well.

Thanks man, I haven't had time to try it out yet...busy week. I think starting the mission in the sub would be awesome.

Thanks again.

Is there any chance this could work with the HALO mod? I would basically like to be able to set a position for the sub then HALO a few hundred meters away and swim to the sub and enter it. When I did this I set the position of the sub, then I set the position of my HALO jump DZ, as soon as I did this the sub marker disappeared, I went into Zeus and saw the submarine surfacing very fast. I figured I would still try it and after a few minutes of glitching around with the sub I finally got in the LOC but then was stuck under the room. Basically just want this to work with your HALO mod :P Thanks.

Must have glitched. This works fantastic with the HALO mod! At least it should... I could have sworn I tested it. I'll check again this longer holiday weekend. :p

You can set in the userconfig if the Marker stays around or disappears after about 11 minutes. I wanted to have the options for my mods to keep Markers on Map, or have them delete after a short time to keep map clean and force players to make their own notations (for immersion). This Diver mod has both options.

I'm hoping to have this absorbed into my bigger Module Project soon. It'll be WAY more user friendly for setting your own options by just clicking the icon to open the menu/settings like ALiVE does. With any luck, I'll have that system up this weekend. Not much in upgrades though. Just a User-Placed Module System like ALiVE to set Options and turn On or Off the specific individual mods for each Map.

Yup! You were right. Did some more testing with HALO Mod. I see what you are saying...

Fixed the Markers and Surfacing Sub. Added Deep and Shallow Sub Transport Options. Still need to add the option to Flood the LOC before entering from outside IF using HALO or some other events where you do not start the mission in Sub. Should have upgrade Saturday with Modules!

Been at battle with bugs all weekend! Found a bizarre one!

Not only was there a conflict with HALO/Diver, but found that when you do not have a gun in your hands, you clip right through the floor when

draining the LOC. Odd. So, if you HALO in a Jumpsuit, the player does NOT hold a weapon when underwater. IF you are in a Wetsuit, he holds

onto his weapon, and thus will NOT clip through the floor when draining the LOC. Wow, what a bugger! SO. IF you want to use the Sub/LOC

System, then the player MUST be holding a weapon or he'll just clip right through. Haven't tried the Survival Fatigues yet, but guessing they

will work the same as a Wetsuit then.

Could NOT figure out how to get the player to switch to his primary weapon when swimming in a normal outfit. Anyone know?

So IF you plan on doing a HALO into the Sub, you'll have to plan ahead and jump with a Wetsuit for now...

I added some into the HALO Crate with the next Update, which will be up in the next day or two! Thanks!! Stay Tuned....

Edited by Goblin

NOTICE:

This has been upgraded and absorbed into the full project: SpookWarCom.

This Thread will be Closed soon. Check the NEW page for more details.

Delete any Old/Test Mods, and upgrade to this new Spec-Ops System!

Thank You!