Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - Diver System

New mod 0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Goblin Goblin;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Goblin, i think i may actually be in love with you. This is by far one of the most impressive and amazing mods I have ever used in ArmA. Your HALO mod is great and is by far one of my favorites but this one takes the cake. This is a great mod and adds so much more immersion for the diving experience. The fact that this is only your first release makes it even better I can not wait to see what you do with this mod. Thank you so much for this.

Also dont know if you are comfortable sharing yet, but what are your next 3 projects going to be about they sound really interesting.

Edited by scooterperpetual

Fantastic, can't wait to try this out! Congrats, Goblin :)

So many questions but should just try it myself!

If anybody fancies some coop testing or plans on building missions with this please send PM!

Hope the next release gives your divers a better mix than 21/0/79 else they won't survive very long below 50m ;)

Any help to get this working please, because this isn't working as far as i can see.

- Place ANY Object down to Request Transport (laptop) ...CHECK

- Name it: VQI_DIVER_HMSPROTEUS ...CHECK

In game:

1.Click 'Request Transport'. ???NO CHECK

Any help to get this working please, because this isn't working as far as i can see.

In game:

If it is the laptop you kind of have to lay down behind the laptop and look at the back, it also takes a little bit to load.

If it is the laptop you kind of have to lay down behind the laptop and look at the back, it also takes a little bit to load.

still No Check.

Maybe someone can place a simple demo mission on the net? Maybe it's my stupidity....

Ohhh okay,

Thanks to that it worked for me. I can see where this is going to but right now its not that much. I'm looking forward to some more features! Good work so far anyway! ^^

still No Check.

Maybe someone can place a simple demo mission on the net? Maybe it's my stupidity....

Same issue here. Can't get it to work no matter what.

I create a dummy mission, place an object named VQI_DIVER_HMSPROTEUS but still, i don't see any prompt on the item.

Having some trouble using the mod. When launching Arma this message pops up "Include file userconfig\VQI_Settings\VQI_Settings_Diver.hpp not found". Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Thanks!!

For me it doesn't work. I did everything whats in the readme-files but I couldn't do anything! >.<

Sorry. Doesn't help me/us though. Make sure you are placing the userconfig file. It also takes a good minute or so to start-up.

Try waiting a tad longer. Whatever you use as the START Object, get the object in the middle of your screen and point at it

with your weapon; try using you scroll-wheel on your mouse as well to see the MENU for your START Object options.

Me neither.

See my response to Moon_chilD above

The lock out chamber doesn't flood in MP, but this mod is great so far, so much potential. Can't wait for the full release!

MP is a pain! Sorry. The server PC needs to do most of the 'clicking' to work best. Still works good in MP, just make sure the

main server PC is doing the Transport, Flooding/Draining , SDV unlock/lock, CRRCs, etc And keep off the ceiling/floor also when

flooding/draining, sometimes players get hurt. I will fix this in next release. Thanks for the kind words though!

New mod 0.0.1 available at withSIX...

@Goblin Goblin;

You are now able to manage your own..

Thanks! But its just Goblin. I know I'm twice as good, but just one Goblin is fine. :p

Goblin, i think i may actually be in love with you. This is by far one of the most impressive and amazing mods I have ever used in ArmA. Your HALO mod is great and is by far one of my favorites but this one takes the cake. This is a great mod and adds so much more immersion for the diving experience. The fact that this is only your first release makes it even better I can not wait to see what you do with this mod. Thank you so much for this.

Also dont know if you are comfortable sharing yet, but what are your next 3 projects going to be about they sound really interesting.

Wow, TMI. Thanks. Don't ask, don't tell. ;) Seriously, thanks!!!!!!!!! Means alot to hear that when you've slaved over a project for weeks.

I've been dying to get this out. I've dreamt of a HALO and Diving options in games for YEARS! I hope this will continue to grow and get even better.

All these projects will be packed into a single Mod project. Still classified. I have a Random Mission Generator, Some Units, and a Box of Gadgets

that will be included when its all packed into a better overall single project. Similar to ALiVE and TPW, but with a Black-Ops 2035 focus. After that, I want

to work on a full Submarine project (building off this diver experiment) and maybe start on my first Terrain Map Project starting with a Training Map.

Fantastic, can't wait to try this out! Congrats, Goblin :)

So many questions but should just try it myself!

If anybody fancies some coop testing or plans on building missions with this please send PM!

Hope the next release gives your divers a better mix than 21/0/79 else they won't survive very long below 50m ;)

Thank You! Not sure what you mean by mix? Guessing a Gas mix? O2, He, etc? I didn't have SCUBA stuff hidden in there

did I? I'm weak scripting, so I'm hoping to see if Feint or trini scourge would be willing to donate. Haven't contacted Feint yet,

he has some fantastic stuff, and trini is MIA. Can't get ahold of him to see if I can take over his Dive Mate.

In the next update I'll have an option to request a shallow Sub infil/exfil (rebreather), and also a deep Sub infil/exfil (SCUBA)

with special tanks for more stealth or deep water missions. Right now its using the sea floor as reference to place the Submarine

and adding several meters to avoid obstacles, rocks, wrecks, etc with some randomness built-in.

In game:

See my response to Moon_chilD above

Edited by Goblin
spelling/grammar

Having some trouble using the mod. When launching Arma this message pops up "Include file userconfig\VQI_Settings\VQI_Settings_Diver.hpp not found". Can anyone help me out?

Place the userconfig file into your A3 root. Same place you'd put the Mod Folder. userconfig >> VQI_Settings >> VQI_Settings_Diver.hpp

The userconfig file is included as well. I may have forgot the "VQI_Setting" Folder itself inside that, but think it'll work without it. Inside your A3 folder, you should see all your Mod Folders (usually with the @ in front).

At the bottom of the Folder list there is your userconfig foler. IF NOT, just copy-n-paste mine. You need this! A lot of Mods have userconfig folders (you need just one). This is where you'll put ALL custom user

settings for Mods if included from the developer if the Mods has any. You can adjust the .hpp file in any txt editor. Hope that helps?

When I try to launch the game with the mod, i get the error: "Include file userconfig\VQI_Settings\VQI_Settings_Diver.hpp not found."

Any advice?

diving dock could use some texture work, a lot of stretching going on. i could help you out if you want. let me know.

other than that this is already amazing!

@ DFModMaster

i had the same issue, what i did was basically create that path in the arma 3 root folder. then added the vqi_settings_diver.hpp and that solved the problem.

so basically a3\userconfig\VQI_Settings\VQI_Settings_Diver.hpp

Yes, got it working. Pretty cool, the flooding and the airbubbles are great.

I'm not sure why it works now and yesterday it doesn't..maybe it's saturdaybug on my site ;-)

@Theodog88

That is a huge banner/signature you got there. ;)

I second this. Your diver and HALO mods are probably the most impressive addons I've seen and just make everything so much more immersive. Keep up the incredible work.

Not sure what you mean by mix? Guessing a Gas mix? O2, He, etc? I didn't have SCUBA stuff hidden in there did I?

Gas mix, yeah. I'd posted the comment before having tried anything but it was actually in response to the cool graphic in this thread showing the various features and stats of your new system. I think there was reference to a mix there, which was essentially air 21/0/79, and then a minimum deployment depth of the sub at 50m.

Air can be narcotic at certain depths due to Nitrogen content, and even toxic at larger depths due to Oxygen content. At 50m both of these factors are at play when breathing air, so specific mixes are always chosen for maximum safety and physiological efficiency of particular dive profiles.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. You're doing great work, it's just something that stuck out when I first saw your release announcement :)

**Note:**

If anyone wants to add their own stuff to the "Ready Room"...

The SCUBA Gear Crate is named: LOCCRATE1

The Weapons Crate by the wall: LOCCRATE2

example:

sleep 30;
// Use a sleep command so the system can build first
LOCCRATE1 additemCargoGlobal ["V_RebreatherB",6];
LOCCRATE1 additemCargoGlobal ["U_B_Wetsuit",6];
LOCCRATE1 additemCargoGlobal ["G_Diving",6];
LOCCRATE1 additemCargoGlobal ["U_B_Survival_Uniform",6];

Use a sleep at the top of your scripts so the Mod as time to start

and build the objects. If you really want to use the Room/Tables,

the Table is named: LOCTABLE1 (not recommended though)

example:

sleep 35;
// Marksmen Rifle
MYEBR1 = "Weapon_srifle_EBR_F" createVehicle (position player);
MYEBR1 attachTo [LOCTABLE1,[0.35,-2,0.44]];
MYEBR1 setDir 90;
// Sub-machine Gun
MYSMG1 = "Weapon_SMG_02_F" createVehicle (position player);
MYSMG1 attachTo [LOCTABLE1,[-0.2,0,0.44]];
MYSMG1 setDir 75;

Also, if you haven't found it, the laptop on the Table has the

option to re-route the Submarine from inside as well. Just make

sure the main sever PC is the one doing the request if MP.

Edited by Goblin

I wanna start a mission in the sub, with the sub in a predetermined location...hows that possible?

You can select the location of the Sub from inside. Use the Laptop included. To get the system to Start, just name anything VQI_DIVER_HMSPROTEUS and just place it off to the side of the Map somewhere.

The name of the Sub Room and LOC is DDSLC. You can use the attachTo command to teleport yourself. Use a sleep at the Top so it can start and spawn in the Objects first. Then a detach command of course after you are in. Hope that helps?

I can post more when I get home if not. I'll also post the coordinates of the Room as well.

Edited by Goblin

Hi Goblin,

This is the first time that I give feedback on these forums to a developer.

I am using your other mods for some time as a added immersion for my missions and this one looks promising as well.

A slight issue I am noticing in usage can be re-created as follows:

- Go to the laptop

- Set destination (Somewhere -50 or lower)

- Get on board submarine

- Loadup gear

- Get into air chamber

- Flood it

- Open hatch

- Get out

- Play around/go on mission/etc...

- Dye and respawn or get back to laptop in one piece

- Set destination again (not needed)

- Get on board submarine again

A this point, the entire submarine is still flooded including the other chambers.

There is a small glitch point to be found at the stairs where you can reach the chamber controls to get the water out but I would suggest the following things, some easier than others I guess:

- Only fill the air chamber with water.

- Put chamber controls outside of the air chamber.

This prevents others to board a flooded sub leaving them to search for the "glitch" at the stairs.

If filling the air chamber is not possible:

- Make sure that the sub is only filled with water when all people are inside the air chamber and the door is closed.

- Prevent the boarding option.

- Automatically release the water when everyone is outside, making the boarding option available again.

- Put a option on the outside to fill it up again so people can get into the air chamber.

This is the thing that prevents me to put it into a multiplayer mission since I cannot respawn like I can with the HELO mod.

Other than this I am waiting to see what you got in store next.

Keep up the good work!

:ok:

ps.

Currently fixed for myself by putting the following code onto the same laptop I use to call the submarine:

addAction["LOC System Valves: Drain Chamber", "vqi_diver\VQI-DevilDiver\vqi_lockoutchamber_drain.sqf", nil, 6, True, True, "", "(_target distance _this) < 4"]

This enables me as "admin" of the game to empty the chamber after respawn, just had to fix it for myself but looking at the pbo it would be easy to implement it to the laptop inside the submarine or when leaving the submarine.

Did not want to change the mod so just added the action to a object.

pps.

Not using this function or mod on anything public, just working on missions for myself and a buddy for lan games so hopefully not violating your mentioned "copyright".

Edited by NullaDIes

Perfect. Thanks for the feedback.

Yup, that'll work just fine. Well mostly fine. Just need to wait a tad for the water to drain before jumping back into the Sub.

All issues mentioned will be fixed in a better version. A much better version is coming in the next month or two. This was mostly a test and experiment to see if I could move forward with some ideas and plans. All is looking great, and moving forward. Tests successful.

The next model and LOC System will have a dry Ready Room and wet/dry Lock-Out Chamber so you can have both active Divers and Other Crew left behind that can provide support from INSIDE the Submarine. Not sure exactly yet on details. If anyone has ideas, post away.

I'm thinking things like requesting IR Beacons on the surface when requested for finding the Sub at night. Requesting Exterior Lighting on Sub via Radio. Internal SDVs in streamlined next-gen Sub's Wet Dock Shelter. Gear and Equipment compartments accessed outside the Sub maybe. Radar and Sonar Systems to "ping" the Players outside so the inside crew can vector players back to the Sub, which can be very hard to find without GPS. And so on...

Hey Goblin, any word on if you're going to implement a Diver TacNav Board? Also, will you be working on making any models of your own of the Draeger LAR-V Rebreather or any Wetsuits?

Thanks!

Hey Goblin, any word on if you're going to implement a Diver TacNav Board? Also, will you be working on making any models of your own of the Draeger LAR-V Rebreather or any Wetsuits?

Thanks!

Hi Jake34!

Um, not likely... So sorry. Most of my projects are on the fictional end of development. I also have no plans on doing any projects that are old school. I really like the near-future angle of A3. That's my focus. I still might one day, but I highly doubt it.

I also like the current Rebreather. I will likely be doing HALO o2 equipment though for jumps. But not a Rebreather. I do have some half-finished SCUBA tanks I will be adding. Tanks are single, double, and a semi-futuristic system. Not sure when I'll have those finished. I'll be a few weeks I'm guessing. This project is getting absorbed into a bigger more complex system coming soon!

* Moderators

Please move this into the 'Completed' thread. It has been released to the public.

DO NOT change the title though. Still W-I-P. Thanks!