Sign in to follow this  
pavel volonsky

[dev] Surive - Tipping Point: Cannot get into the speedboat

After the latest dev branch update i found that my campaign profile could no longer be read and all my campaign records lost except for the tutorial campaign. I decided to revert from the very beginning, but then i found that in the Tipping Point mission, when i get into the Speedboat, I can not get onto the boat. All of my teammates made it....

Same thing. Was hoping to finally try out the new missions but I can't get past this mission to move onto the main island. I cannot enter the boat. It is broken. No option to enter at any point in the boat at any point in time. This requires immediate addressing due to no progress past this point. Can't move on all forward mission progress is lost due to this. Requires immediate addressing devs! Game is broken here.

I am on the part where i am getting on the speed boats on the mission tapping point but i cant get on the boat i tried everything but nothing works can someone please tell me how to get on the speed boats or if its some type of glitch can someone tell me how to avoid it i an really frustrated on that mission

Same issue. As I swim up to the boat where miller is, I try to find an option to interact with the boat and climb in, but nothing happens. There is no option for me to get on so I end up just stuck swimming around the boat. I would love to keep playing the campaign, but for now there's nothing I can do.

I want to also add in my input, I can't seem to be able to access any part of the boat. I've tried restarting the mission, I circled around the boat under gunfire, and looked up and down for an activation point. Nothing.

yep there are alot of us tried replaying it restarting contacting devs no solution, Dwarden is aware of this issue, their bug ticket system is a mess. they need to fix this quickly looks like anyone who bought it through steam is having trouble, steam isnt very helpful either, i would be happy if they would send me a boxed deluxe version with the spiffy printed book....other then that im feeling a bit :mad:

yep here to confirm this problem. i was the only one left in my squad and did not take out all of the enemies in the city because the orders came to retreat at which point i crossed the field being mortared and swam around the speedboats multiple times with no luck. please fix this ASAP.

I can´t believe it. You need to pay ~50 euro to play a Game like an Alpha version ! I hope they fix that problem soon !

In my experience, it can be difficult to get the icon to enter boats as a swimmer, since the alpha and back to A2. Restarting the mission won't help. As far as I know, this is an engine issue, and not a bug. Probably nothing has changed with the mission with regard to entering the boat. I suggest patiently moving around the hull of the boat until you get the option to enter.

I have the same problem by not getting a option to enter the boat, pls help, already tried for 20 min running around

Hi Guys, i have edited that mission ! I set the boat a view meters closer to the beach ! You need to play that mission again that it works because you safed with the old position of the boat !

You can download from my webspace. Replace the missions_f_epa.pbo from the .rar with the original file in your install folder! Normaly C:Programm(x86) / Steam / SteamApps / common / Arma 3 / Addons !

Play and have fun ;)

Download

Looks like this issue has been fixed:

http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00036

hmmmm, don´t think so ! Because i have since 1.st upload 13.11.2014 more than 20 downloads (only today 6 ! )from my webspace ! Unfortunately i had yesterday an error in my Database that i can´t prove that ! If this was fixed why were other gamer and I will not get into the boat with original file ?

Edited by ZG_Ganja

BI recommends that the campaign be played only with stable branch. As long as you keep your game up to date, you should already have BI's fix for the issue (1.34+). You could also verify your game cache. Whether their Nov. 4 fix solves the boat problem, I don't know.

Edited by OMAC

LoL...my game is always up to date because i play a lot online like TDM / DM and Mod´s like Doomsdaynight / Altis Life / Epoch and more....also my game cache is fine,but it doesn´t work with original file ! ! ! What u think about other player they have the same issue ?

http://www.kools-zocker-gilde.eu/arma3_1.34.jpg (144 kB)

Post in the issue tracker?