Sign in to follow this  
nullrick

Question: How to create a Zeus scenario?

I'm just looking for a way to create Zeus missions for maps like Sasha did for the steam workshop. No one's made any videos on how to do it and the ones that have are either outdated or incorrectly created.

Primarily, the terrains in the AiA-TP:

-Rahmadi

-Sahrani

-Southern Sahrani

-United Sahrani

-Porto

-Takistan Mountains

These maps don't have Zeus missions and I'd love to see that happen. Is there a way to look into one of Sasha's workshop items and see the layout in which they placed and connected their modules? Credit would most certainly go to them if so.

Download one of the A3MP Zeus missions and open it to see how they're made. There is also a tutorial on the steam community hub guides I believe, written by Karel Moricky himself. It's mainly scripting, but if you take apart another zeus mission you'll see how they work.

I don't think that can be done without the source file. As in the file that the maker loads in the editor. If not, I'm unsure how to do this.

It can be done, missions downloaded through steam can be found at this location:

C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<profile name>\Saved\steamMPMission

Within this you will see a PBO file called "mission" or something along those lines.

Unpack this PBO into a folder named <whateveryouwant>.Mapname (mapname being Takistan, Stratis, Altis, etc).

Then you can proceed to edit the mission as if it were your own. Don't steal code though!

Finding the vanilla Master Stratis/Altis missions is a pain in the ass and requires a lot of digging. Better to go with editing one of the A3MP zeus missions on the workshop.