Sign in to follow this  
beazley

Beazley's MAN truck Tempest retextures

W6E1Fb1.jpg

BRIEF
The BIS 'Tempest' truck looks quite a lot like the British Army's MAN trucks. This retexture gives them a paint job to match.

DOWNLOAD v2.0

Armaholic
Play withSIX

Alternate mirror (MediaFire)

DOWNLOAD v1.0 - Pre ArmA3 v1.6
Armaholic
Play withSIX
Alternate mirror (MediaFire)

FEATURES
Includes woodland and desert versions of the open transport and ammo truck variants.

REQUIREMENTS
None!

MORE DETAILS
Found in the editor under BLUFOR > NATO > Cars/Supports or EMPTY > Cars/Supports (Cars for the transport variant, Supports for the ammo truck variant).
Can you make your own retextures based off of these? Yes! See below.

.PSD FILES AVAILABLE HERE

Download (156MB - MediaFire)

Disclaimer: They weren't done with the expectation that anyone other than me would look at them.

Some changes (removal of the hexagon outlines) were made destructively for this reason. Original texture work done in woodland .PSDs, others modified from there.

SHOUTOUT
This mod originally made for everyone in the 16 Air Assault Brigade

ZpWDlUp.png
WEB: www.16aa.net
TS3: ts3.16aa.net

MEDIA
SXAPv65.jpg

YIFw4hw.jpg

PP0wlB1.jpg
W6E1Fb1.jpg
HltcWfh.jpg

NOTE: Containers missing on UN ammo variant in screenshot only. Fixed in release version.

CHANGELOG
v1.0 - release!

v2.0 - Updated for patch 1.6, added covered transport variant, added UN variants.

Please provide feedback below. I will attempt to fix any bugs as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Juust FYI - it's a ru made KAMAZ MRAP "TYPHOON" ;)

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@bzly_mantrucks.png

@ Beazley;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Indeed it is possible to retexture proxyes in models. I did it in my Croatian Armed Forces mod. Mikero tools are your best friends. ;)

Tempest ?

is that in the dev or am I just being dumb ?

it's not on development you should have it in game on the CSAT support side !

Indeed it is possible to retexture proxyes in models. I did it in my Croatian Armed Forces mod. Mikero tools are your best friends. ;)

It is? I found a load of threads about it from the A2 days, and nobody thought it possible then. Care to share your secret? ;) I assume it's not entirely obvious after installing Mikero tools...

Tempest ?

is that in the dev or am I just being dumb ?

Nope, it's been in stable for quite a long time: http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00021

It is? I found a load of threads about it from the A2 days, and nobody thought it possible then. Care to share your secret? ;) I assume it's not entirely obvious after installing Mikero tools...

Find a original truck and its proxies's models, copy/paste them into your addon folder, use mikero's MoveObject tool to change their proxy paths and then use MoveObject again to change proxy's texture paths.

Usage:

- Open CMD.exe

- Use D: command to switch to D: drive, if your workspace is located in there

- Use cd"directory-path-to-model\addon-folder-w-model\" command to get to addon folder in which binarised model is located

- Use following commands to change texture paths: MoveObject.exe ModelName.p3d original\texture\path new\texture\path (you can use it to change proxy paths as well)

This method should be legal, since binarized models were not edited at all, but only their texture paths were changed (alternative to hiddenSelections, which doesnt fit in this type of a retexture)

EDIT: huh, sorry, you have to put models in C:"\this\that\Mikero tools\bin\" (where MoveObject is installed) in order to retexture bin. models and then use CMD and do all that I have mentioned, but in that folder.

EDIT 2: I suck at explaining things

Edited by DegmanCRO

Can I make a suggestion. It would be cool if all the variants one day get the same paint job. Covered, fuel, repair and maybe device for the mission makers out there? Just a suggestion. Great work.

Can I make a suggestion. It would be cool if all the variants one day get the same paint job. Covered, fuel, repair and maybe device for the mission makers out there? Just a suggestion. Great work.

That's what we're discussing with regards to the proxy models ;)

Find a original truck and its proxies's models, copy/paste them into your addon folder, use mikero's MoveObject tool to change their proxy paths and then use MoveObject again to change proxy's texture paths.

Usage:

- Open CMD.exe

- Use D: command to switch to D: drive, if your workspace is located in there

- Use cd"directory-path-to-model\addon-folder-w-model\" command to get to addon folder in which binarised model is located

- Use following commands to change texture paths: MoveObject.exe ModelName.p3d original\texture\path new\texture\path (you can use it to change proxy paths as well)

This method should be legal, since binarized models were not edited at all, but only their texture paths were changed (alternative to hiddenSelections, which doesnt fit in this type of a retexture)

EDIT: huh, sorry, you have to put models in C:"\this\that\Mikero tools\bin\" (where MoveObject is installed) in order to retexture bin. models and then use CMD and do all that I have mentioned, but in that folder.

EDIT 2: I suck at explaining things

I shall look into this at some point in the future, thanks very much. I don't often get the time or inclination for retexturing though, so it might be a little while!

Does someone else have the problem that this mod does not work anymore?

When i place the MAN trucks they have the default CSAT texture.

Does someone else have the problem that this mod does not work anymore?

When i place the MAN trucks they have the default CSAT texture.

Yes, I'm having that issue too. Must've been from the 1.6 update.

t could be the new hidden textures option BI is moving to. Maybe they switched this model over to that?

Yes, I'm having that issue too. Must've been from the 1.6 update.

Any solution for this problem folks? I cant see the textures. 

t could be the new hidden textures option BI is moving to. Maybe they switched this model over to that?

Yes, they did. Pre 1.60 the Tempest hadn't had the hidden textures. Now it does.

Any solution for this problem folks? I cant see the textures. 

Rewrite the mod. Otherwise there's pretty much nothing you can do.

• Like 1

Hope the mod gets updated, really like the textures, maybe some more variants too?? :D

Hi guys, 

I've just been made aware that this is broken - I'm on a long hiatus from ArmA at the moment, so didn't realise.

There is a fix in the works, and will also include a retexture of the covered version in woodland and desert.

Cheers, 

Beazley

• Like 3

Sorry! You're welcome to PM me here next time; it'll send me an email then. I'm neither active on the BIS forums or with my ArmA unit at the moment.

• Like 1

ETA probably tomorrow (Tuesday 6th), if not then definitely the day after (Wed 7th).

I'll also be including a UN version of the open transport and ammo variants - I made it ages ago for a 16AA campaign, and completely forgot to update this mod with it. I'll maybe do a covered UN version if there's call for it, but the UN are supposed to be high-visibility right? ;)

UPDATED!

DOWNLOAD v2.0

Download (MediaFire)

CHANGELOG

v2.0 - Updated for patch 1.6, added covered transport variant, added UN variants.

NEW MEDIA

SXAPv65.jpg

YIFw4hw.jpg

PP0wlB1.jpg

NOTE: Containers missing on UN ammo variant in screenshot only. Fixed in release version.

PSD FILES NOW AVAILABLE

See front page.

• Like 3