Adding support for teams

801CBF66EF61B6B0DBAD3868EDCF213D5D8B5BEE

Need to go through and do some QA on different options configurations to ensure the admin mode is working as intended.

• Like 2

Updated to 2.5.0

Change Log

In this update, we added support for Team Colors and improved the "click to show vehicle crew" feature, fixed a couple bugs related to admin services, and optimized the entire system significantly.

- Significant GPS-tracker performance optimization
 - Default font changed to 'TahomaB' from 'puristaMedium'
 - Optimizations to Group Icons system
 - Group Icons more responsive when map is just opened (removes the delay that occurs sometimes).
 - Map clicking to show vehicle crew is significantly improved.
 - Group/Squad/Team integration extended.
 - Support for Team colors
 - Hold [shift] and click on a grouped unit on the map, to select that unit in command mode (same as pressing F1,F2,F3,...)
 - Optional GPS Item requirement for Map/GPS/Group icons
 - Optimization using params+private keyword in recursive functions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2017 at 12:47 AM, Bosh__ said:

Love the script mate! I was wondering is it possible to edit it so it uses the unit’s role description (which can be changed) rather than the default Team Leader etc

this would be possible but you'd have to make a sneaky edit to the script.

replace:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L400-L404

with:

private _vt = missionNamespace getVariable [format ['QS_ST_iconVehicleDN#%1',(typeOf _v)],''];
if ((isPlayer _v) && (_v isKindOf 'CAManBase')) then {
	_vt = roleDescription _v;
};
if (_vt isEqualTo '') then {
	_vt = getText (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> (typeOf _v) >> 'displayName');
	missionNamespace setVariable [format ['QS_ST_iconVehicleDN#%1',(typeOf _v)],_vt];
};

Would be awesome to add toggle or lobby parameter for team leaders or any player depending on configuration to click on certain other AI or players and add them to their squad.

A squad join/dismiss feature.

Reed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Would be awesome to add toggle or lobby parameter for team leaders or any player depending on configuration to click on certain other AI or players and add them to their squad.

A squad join/dismiss feature.

Reed

a nice idea, perhaps there is some squad commanding mods out there for it. the scope of this system is limited to mainly presenting info on the map, blue force tracker. map interactivity is nice but it is a very broad and deep area i think a dedicated mod is better suited for.

of course you can always edit this script too to add that functionality for your uses :) 

• Like 1

I will test the script in the week with friends. Thank you very much Quick.

EDIT 01/03 :

Works perfectly for the Host and the logged admin in dedicated server. Nice :)

However, there is a problem when a player is in a vehicle. 

_On the map I see the icon of a unit on foot instead of the icon of a vehicle.
_On the GPS I see both, icon on foot and icon of vehicle one overlaps the other.

Tested in Player / Host and on dedicated server. Alone, without other players in both cases. I dont know if it concerns only our own icon (the icon of our character) or that of other players.

Edited by MTW_Der_Kroi
Tested

Just wanted to pop in here and say how amazing this script is. 

Good work! I can tell you worked extremely hard on this, I look forward to you maintaining this and your future work :)

• Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 12:04 AM, MTW_Der_Kroi said:

I will test the script in the week with friends. Thank you very much Quick.

EDIT 01/03 :

Works perfectly for the Host and the logged admin in dedicated server. Nice :)

However, there is a problem when a player is in a vehicle. 

_On the map I see the icon of a unit on foot instead of the icon of a vehicle.
_On the GPS I see both, icon on foot and icon of vehicle one overlaps the other.

Tested in Player / Host and on dedicated server. Alone, without other players in both cases. I dont know if it concerns only our own icon (the icon of our character) or that of other players.

thanks for the bug report, the issue has been fixed now

I tested in multiplayer Host, it works. Nice job :)

No problem it's a pleasure. Thanks to you for the maintenance.

• Like 1

Hi Quicksilver, your suggestions for Role Descriptions worked great! I am getting the error "Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgGroupIcons.'." however? Any help would be great.

Fix applied for rare but critical error associated with half-broken "assignedTeam" arma script command (see red note in wiki). Suggest upgrading or pasting in the fix yourself:

replace the selected section in your version with this:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L254-L335

• Like 2

Hello.First of all thank you for this great script.

I have the Problem that despite groupindicators set to 2 and having them enabled in your script no 3d hud markers are showing.what can lead to this?map markers work but not the gps and 3d ones

thanks in advance

No idea what you are asking for but it is probably magic and involves some kind of dust. Tagging author for response...

@fn_Quiksilver

This isn't a group system. It is player markers for map/GPS. You can use the BIS group system as explained here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Groups

You can also manually setup groups. And other ways...

Great mod! I have a quastion about _QS_ST_iconMapText

Right now I can see iconMapText only when I zoom in the map and when I zoom out.

I woud like to have this icont text only when I zoom in. How can I do that?

Hello ^^

Is it possible to only show players that have a GPS assigned? So when you remove your GPS, your friends won't see you on the map? ^^

Gents - is it correct that this script only works correctly with vanilla ?? do not get the right icon with mods vehicles - thanks

4 hours ago, Spoor said:

Gents - is it correct that this script only works correctly with vanilla ?? do not get the right icon with mods vehicles - thanks

It should work fine with mods. Pulls data from vehicle config. Which vehicle/mod is not working?

• Thanks 1

@fn_Quiksilver

Love this script. That needs to be said and read all on its own.

With that out of the way, is it possible and are you willing to consider an addition in which enemy units can be revealed to a player who spots them? And further to share this information with allies if say both units have a GPS and there is a friendly UAV in the air?

On 7/2/2019 at 4:38 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

It should work fine with mods. Pulls data from vehicle config. Which vehicle/mod is not working?

@fn_Quiksilver

Thanks fast reply - will test again and let y know - thanks

41 minutes ago, Spoor said:

@fn_Quiksilver

Thanks fast reply - will test again and let y know - thanks

@fn_Quiksilver  -  it's the RHS mod - icons doesnt change when entering a vehicle

21 hours ago, poweredbypot said:

@fn_Quiksilver

Love this script. That needs to be said and read all on its own.

With that out of the way, is it possible and are you willing to consider an addition in which enemy units can be revealed to a player who spots them? And further to share this information with allies if say both units have a GPS and there is a friendly UAV in the air?

hey,

thanks!

That can be scripted in for sure.

In fact I use an edited version for my other work which does just that (shows known enemy units).

I didn't put it into the official version since there already is a vanilla system to show known enemies which does roughly the same thing. My one only provides less information and has a limited radius, and allows me to "hide" enemy stealth units from the map.

@fn_Quiksilver
That would be awesome, I have a server running and all the missions have your script in them. If you need any help with debugging work or testing let me know!

• Like 1