Howdy, little feature request for you! 🙂

It would be nice to have the option to only see EMPTY vehicles by faction.

I am working on a PVP mission and I do not want the other team to see the other's empty vehicles.

Thanks! 

Hey Quiksilver,

I really like your script, it gives players some quality of life improvements and avoids a blue on blue situation.

I have a question for the name text when your looking on the map, I would like to know how to make the text
still visible when your zooming in and out of the map, I'm not sure to where look to it modify the script.

This is when I zoomed out: 
https://imgur.com/5ASuIEF

This is when I'm on the middle:

https://imgur.com/bdOeqfH

Lastly when I'm really zoomed in:

https://imgur.com/StH1Ink

I want to continue to see the text in the middle. Is there a way to modify that?

Thanks for your good work Quiksilver ^_^

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

the example mission is from a much earlier version, the current ones are just the script itself. There is an assumption that you know how to copy a SQF file to your mission and initialize it

Let's assume someone doesn't. How would they go about installing this? Yes we're talking about me. Love your QS Mag Repack by the way, use it in literally every server I play on. It's probably the most useful mod in all of Arma. I've been trying to get the server I'm working on set up with the difficulty settings and nothing is cooperating for whatever reason. Trying to find answers and fixes after countless tries using example server.cfg and server.Arma3Profile settings from the BIS Wiki's. Pretty new to the game and only have experience adding mods. I have not attempted scripting at all yet and the instructions in the readme are kind of vague for first timers, but that's just my lack of experience. Any help would be appreciated.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:44 AM, BucNasty said:

Let's assume someone doesn't. How would they go about installing this? Yes we're talking about me. Love your QS Mag Repack by the way, use it in literally every server I play on. It's probably the most useful mod in all of Arma. I've been trying to get the server I'm working on set up with the difficulty settings and nothing is cooperating for whatever reason. Trying to find answers and fixes after countless tries using example server.cfg and server.Arma3Profile settings from the BIS Wiki's. Pretty new to the game and only have experience adding mods. I have not attempted scripting at all yet and the instructions in the readme are kind of vague for first timers, but that's just my lack of experience. Any help would be appreciated.

First, you need to understand this is a server side script,  not a client side mod.  If you have a server to install the script on,  follow the instructions in the script code and on the github:

Download the SQF file "QS_icons.sqf".

2. Copy it to your mission file.

3. Configure script to your liking (inside the file).

4. Ensure it is executed by the mission. In client/player init (initPlayerLocal.sqf) [] execVM "QS_icons.sqf"; or [] execVM "scripts\QS_icons.sqf"; (if in a folder called scripts in your mission directory.) Follow instructions posted in the below link http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184108-Soldier-Tracker-(-Map-and-GPS-Icons-)

5. Run mission!

• Thanks 1

Hi there! This is cool but I have one small issue and then one suggestion as well.

Issue: iconTextOffset option does not appear to work. I tried switching it to center, or even left and nothing changes. 
EDIT: Okay my bad on this one, what I was looking for was the text for the group icon, such as "Alpha 1-1" I would like to change that to center. How can I do that?

EDIT2: New issue: iconShadow "border" option does not work.

Suggestion: Can you add an option to change the player's icon color by itself, and another option to change the default color of others in your group? Ideally, I would want to be able to make my icon and others in my group all white if we aren't in a team color, and still have the default nato-blue color for other groups.

22 hours ago, CY4 said:

Hi there! This is cool but I have one small issue and then one suggestion as well.

Issue: iconTextOffset option does not appear to work. I tried switching it to center, or even left and nothing changes. 
EDIT: Okay my bad on this one, what I was looking for was the text for the group icon, such as "Alpha 1-1" I would like to change that to center. How can I do that?

EDIT2: New issue: iconShadow "border" option does not work.

Suggestion: Can you add an option to change the player's icon color by itself, and another option to change the default color of others in your group? Ideally, I would want to be able to make my icon and others in my group all white if we aren't in a team color, and still have the default nato-blue color for other groups.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - We don't have much control over the Group Icons, there is an offset argument in the function but it is what it is, there is no fine-grain control. Only what is afforded here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setGroupIcon

2 - Which icon shadow are you talking about? Map or GPS?

3 - It would be possible to modify your version to change the color of the player icon, but there is more to consider. Did you want the different color also when the player is in a vehicle (changing the vehicle icon color)? 

Color for unit/vehicle icons is entirely set in this section:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L254-L331

For a quick fix to change color of the player-on-foot icon, we would insert a line between these two with the players color

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L315-L316

_c = [_c,[1,0,0,1],[0,1,0.5,1],[0,0.5,1,1],[1,1,0,1]] select _teamID;
_c set [3,_a];

So we would change the player color like this:

if (_u isEqualTo player) then {_c = [0.5,0.5,0.5,1];};		// Sets the player icon color to Grey.
_c set [3,_a];

To change the players group default icon color, just a couple lines above that, you would do this:

if (_s isEqualTo CIVILIAN) then {_c = _QS_ST_X # 12;};
if (_u in (group player)) then {_c = [0.5,0.5,0.5,1];};				// overwrite the above values if the unit is in the players group. Sets the players group color to grey, unless they are in a Team.
_c = [_c,[1,0,0,1],[0,1,0.5,1],[0,0.5,1,1],[1,1,0,1]] # _teamID;
_c set [3,_a];

On 1/15/2021 at 9:25 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - We don't have much control over the Group Icons, there is an offset argument in the function but it is what it is, there is no fine-grain control. Only what is afforded here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setGroupIcon

2 - Which icon shadow are you talking about? Map or GPS?

3 - It would be possible to modify your version to change the color of the player icon, but there is more to consider. Did you want the different color also when the player is in a vehicle (changing the vehicle icon color)? 

Color for unit/vehicle icons is entirely set in this section:

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L254-L331

For a quick fix to change color of the player-on-foot icon, we would insert a line between these two with the players color

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L315-L316

_c set [3,_a];

So we would change the player color like this:

if (_u isEqualTo player) then {_c = [0.5,0.5,0.5,1];};		// Sets the player icon color to Grey.
_c set [3,_a];

To change the players group default icon color, just a couple lines above that, you would do this:

if (_s isEqualTo CIVILIAN) then {_c = _QS_ST_X # 12;};
if (_u in (group player)) then {_c = [0.5,0.5,0.5,1];};				// overwrite the above values if the unit is in the players group. Sets the players group color to grey, unless they are in a Team.
_c = [_c,[1,0,0,1],[0,1,0.5,1],[0,0.5,1,1],[1,1,0,1]] # _teamID;
_c set [3,_a];

Oh wow, thank you for all the info! I'll give the player icon color change a try tomorrow!

And as for "2 - Which icon shadow are you talking about? Map or GPS?" I'm talking about on map specifically. Icons also didn't have borders on the GPS but that isn't too much of a concern for me.

I think_QS_ST_groupIconOffset - is not working, group icon not changing position.

Even if I set it to

_QS_ST_groupIconOffset = [9999.65,9999.65];	

but icon stays of default position

///

One more thing. I have feature request. Pls make icons not to be depends on player faction. Me and my team wanna play opfor, but have bluefor icons

Hey Quicksilver,

Any chance you could tell me what I need to change/remove if I want to not show the large red ring around the player's position?

On 6/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, CY4 said:

Hey Quicksilver,

Any chance you could tell me what I need to change/remove if I want to not show the large red ring around the player's position?

yep,

remove these 3 lines

https://github.com/auQuiksilver/Soldier-Tracker/blob/master/QS_icons.sqf#L958-L960

if (_ve isEqualTo (vehicle _player)) then {
	_m drawIcon ['a3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\islandmap\iconplayer_ca.paa',[1,0,0,0.75],(_po select 0),24,24,(_po select 1),'',0,0.03,_tf,_to];
};

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out how to make all infantry on every team use "iconManVirtual_ca.paa" as their icon, with the player icon set as green (that part I figured out thanks to the above dialogue). I'd also like to add a red mildot along with the red iconplayer_ca.paa. 

• Like 1

@fn_Quiksilver Awesome script! Is it possible to always show player names without the need to zoom in or out the map?  

Hi @kibaBG, fn_quickSilver have setup his script to calculate the zoom with ctrlMapScale on the map and adjusting the texts/icons with the result number. What you can do is set it to 0, maybe not the best way but it works.

Find and change this inside the script

_ms = ctrlMapScale _m;

to

_ms = 0;

• Like 1

Hello, thank you so much for such a professional work, i have a little problem and am not sure where it comes from.
the moment i add your script everything works fine for the map but all sides become friends, there are no enemies anymore and bots are not killing each other. please if you guide me on which part of your script can do this.

• Like 1

Updated to 2.6.0

Small update

- GPS icons now display correctly when GPS is used in rotation mode ( ctrl + ] )

- Mod compatibility, no longer relies on vanilla GPS item (will detect whatever is in that inventory slot instead).

- UAV/remote-controlled-unit detection. Correctly shows player name who is actively remote controlling a unit/drone, even without UAV terminal.

• Like 1