beazley

Beazley's No BLUFOR Radio Protocol

It looks like it was something our end, as I've now got it working!

Apologies are in order, sorry for a false report.

I stripped back everything our side (removed mods etc) and rebuilt, testing at each stage.

Now I'm back at the original build, nothing different that I can tell, yet it's working. Sometimes ArmA can be baffling!!

That's fine - I'd rather be aware of potential issues sooner anyway; 'tis better to be prudent.

Glad you got it working, I hope it's useful.

Hmmm, Apollo and myself are having issues, some sort of conflict between the Key for this mod and ASDG/Trixies weapons. Either works as part of our mod list, but not on together....

Any ideas ?

SJ

That is absolutely bizarre. Keys should never be able to conflict, surely? It's not as though I'm using the same private key as him. I'll re-sign it tomorrow and give you it personally - if it fixes the issue for you then I'll update the release with it.

See you then!

Cheers will check. We literally cannot get the dedi to boot into the mission if we lay your key down too. (it might be t'others mind - but we know it was stable and working with them before Beazley)

It does function proporly in game by the way which is brilliant - just shame we need to Bisign really.

SJ

p.s. thinking aloud is it worth offering this as a combined mod with the UI fixes ?

Sorry - had computer issues all day (hardware :(), so these are a bit later than planned: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzn39428yka05hl/bzly.rar

It's just the one key for both now. I've been very careful this time, and DSCheckSignatures reports no errors, so I hope we're gravy.

RE combining them: meh, it doesn't really make much odds to me. I released this as separate because I figured it wasn't really a 'UI' thing, more of a general 'UE' thing. If anybody hosting a repository wants to lump it into the same folder then that's their business ;)

I've tested your latest mediafire @bzly_no_bluf_radio on our bikey'd dedicated server along with our other mods and it now works great, thanks!

Please release on Play withSix so the hoardes can start using it too. :)

Beat me to it Lt. Apollo !!!!

Well done Beazley.. !!

SJ

Thank you :) but I'm still left with questions ;)

Do you mean the latest MediaFire link on the front page, or the link in my previous post? Both are reported to work correctly by DSCheckSignature. Play withSix reports that it's using the same version as on MediaFire, so there shouldn't be any differences...

Unfortunately PWS won't let me download from their repository without actually using the program :(

Hi Beazley,

What's the plan for a Play withSix release?

I keep refreshing, looking, hoping, dreaming...

;-)

Thanks for this Beazley, just a couple of questions though.

1) Will this only work if playing as Blufor or can it automatically adjust to situations where the players are OPFOR/INDFOR. In my group we play a variety of missions, so would need something that would disable the chatter for whichever side we're playing as, whilst leaving the enemy chatter audible.

2) Does it also disable sidechat, as often mission designers use that for important messages.

Beazley please tell me this much required mod does not remove NATO sounds when you play as independent or OPFOR and that it does not remove the mission maker's custom voice recordings (if there are any).

Edit: ninjad by doveman...

Edited by Variable

Hi Beazley,

What's the plan for a Play withSix release?

I keep refreshing, looking, hoping, dreaming...

;-)

Shit, sorry. I wasn't aware I had to do anything; I thought they just scoured this section of the forum :p thanks for advising them, serjames.

Thanks for this Beazley, just a couple of questions though.

1) Will this only work if playing as Blufor or can it automatically adjust to situations where the players are OPFOR/INDFOR. In my group we play a variety of missions, so would need something that would disable the chatter for whichever side we're playing as, whilst leaving the enemy chatter audible.

2) Does it also disable sidechat, as often mission designers use that for important messages.

1) It will block BLUFOR specifically, it does not recognise the player's side at all. I'm more than happy to knock up OPFOR/GREENFOR versions for you, but obviously you'd have to update your modpack with the correct one for whatever mission you were playing, or tell people which to run (though of course, they'll have a 'require' module as well). Having the mod detect player side and then disabling the radio protocol just for that side isn't going to be something I look into I'm afraid; too much to do and too little time! If you're interested in those other versions though, let me know.

2) No, it doesn't disable any of the chat channels, just the AI callouts on them.

1) It will block BLUFOR specifically, it does not recognise the player's side at all. I'm more than happy to knock up OPFOR/GREENFOR versions for you, but obviously you'd have to update your modpack with the correct one for whatever mission you were playing, or tell people which to run (though of course, they'll have a 'require' module as well). Having the mod detect player side and then disabling the radio protocol just for that side isn't going to be something I look into I'm afraid; too much to do and too little time! If you're interested in those other versions though, let me know.

Damn, that's a shame. Thanks for the offer but it's not going to be realistic to keep switching mods depending on what side the mission has us playing us. Anyway, thanks for the work you've done on this, maybe it will inspire someone else to pick up the ball and make an auto-detecting version.

Have PW6 picked this new key up yet ?

I have nooo idea, sorry.

Damn, that's a shame. Thanks for the offer but it's not going to be realistic to keep switching mods depending on what side the mission has us playing us. Anyway, thanks for the work you've done on this, maybe it will inspire someone else to pick up the ball and make an auto-detecting version.

Realistic? It's not realistic to use mods at all :p if you mean practical though, I completely understand. An auto-detecting version would have to work in a completely different way to the current, which is why I'm not committing to re-doing this with that functionality.

What would happen with the current implementation if you just ran both versions simultaneously, then switched faction half way through?

Edited by ACyprus

You'd get no radio protocol on any sides for which it ran - and the switching wouldn't make any difference. It's not done via EHs or any sort of scripting - it just removes the radio protocol completely from the language/nationality/whatever:

class CfgVoice {

class Base;
class ENG : Base {
	protocol = "";
};

class ENGB : Base {
	protocol = "";
};
};