Sign in to follow this  
doveman

Any way to disable Ctrl+mouse movement from shifting view in vehicles?

I kept finding my view shifting weirdly when trying to fly helicopters and eventually worked out that holding Ctrl and moving the mouse does this. It was happening because I use Ctrl+End bound to one of my mouse keys for a TFAR transmit key.

I've looked through the key mappings and can't see anything about this. Is there any way to disable it as it's very annoying?

bump? If this can't be disabled, I'll open a ticket for it but I don't want to do that until I know.

Configure > Controls > View > Freelook

Thanks but that's not it. That's mapped to * and does the same as Alt, except it's a toggle whereas Alt you have to hold. The problem I have is it moving the pilot from side to side when in a helo and holding Ctrl and moving the mouse.

Wasn't there a setting in the game options related to disabling free look in vehicles? Can't remember off the top of my head but worth checking out.

The problem I have is it moving the pilot from side to side when in a helo and holding Ctrl and moving the mouse.

Ah, that's odd. Side to side? Sounds like 6DOF movement. Check your bindings for all of the analog settings at the bottom of the View category.

Wasn't there a setting in the game options related to disabling free look in vehicles? Can't remember off the top of my head but worth checking out.

Yeah, I disabled that almost immediately as I didn't like it, so this is something else.

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

Ah, that's odd. Side to side? Sounds like 6DOF movement. Check your bindings for all of the analog settings at the bottom of the View category.

Yeah it's side to side and forward/backwards when holding Ctrl and moving the mouse. I'll check those bindings thanks.

I've checked the bindings and there's nothing mapped that could cause this. Other people have reported the same issue and I've confirmed it happens with vanilla, no mods. So there seems to be a hidden mapping that causes Ctrl+mouse to move the pilots POV around in the cockpit, which is very annoying. Can BIS fix this please, or someone please mod it out?

I think im experiencing the same.

Im using ESDF and very customized controls since OFP, with Arma3 i have all kinds of problems with this control setup that i use for years now. One of it being when i use CTRL + mousemovement for freelook (or 2x CTRL for toggle freelook) in boats or helicopters, the default camera on boats will "roll" to the side and can not be changed unless disembark and get back in again. In helicopters the default camera doesnt roll but changes to a lower looking angle into the instruments which makes flying impossible. In tanks ESDF controls are not registered for movement, they are still WASD as default although setup otherwise.

I had the rolling camera already over one year ago before i deinstalled Alpha3, there i also had it happening with cars, which is fixed now, so i hope the guys at Bohemia NOTactive get ACTIVE at last and fix this crap. This "game" is 2 years old now and its absolutely unacceptable that problems like this still exist. On the other hand im really surprised about the overall quality of the rest of the game - yes im not being ironic here - so im hoping this stuff wil get fixed soonish :D

From what you've said I understand that you intentionally have Ctrl mapped to freelook. I use Alt for that, so I don't have anything mapped to Ctrl (certainly no view controls anyway) and still the mouse moves the viewpoint all over the place if I'm holding Ctrl. Most annoying when you're trying to use the mouse to fly and you press Ctrl to transmit on the TFAR radio, only to have your view move to some useless position that causes you to crash!!!

Hello.

Check this out. There's the solution. All thanks to St. Jimmy.

And goddamn shame on You, BI.

Edited by JonPL

Thanks JonPL, crazy that we have to manually edit a file to disable this annoying "feature" and BIS don't seem to have seen fit to explain this to us.