Sign in to follow this  
Bouben

Bugged gamma slider in video options (since beta)

Hi,

I have this problem since beta and it still hasn't been fixed so I have to ask.

Is there anyone having problems with gamma slider having no effect at all? My in-game picture is not changed in any way when I change the slider. The CORRECT/INCORRECT demo picture to check whether it is well set or not is also not affected at all.

I wonder if it was ever reported.

Thank you.

...same here. no gamma correction but i thought it´s an nvidia optimus problem with my notebook.

I've had the same problem occasionally. Alt+tabbing always fixes it though.

edit. Ok, I was able to reproduce it (kinda): The adjustment stops working if you launch Arma but change the window focus before it goes full screen. Maybe it's because the gamma correction is supposed to work only in full screen, the game gets confused if it's not the active window on launch.

Edited by Greenfist

I've had the same problem occasionally. Alt+tabbing always fixes it though.

edit. Ok, I was able to reproduce it (kinda): The adjustment stops working if you launch Arma but change the window focus before it goes full screen. Maybe it's because the gamma correction is supposed to work only in full screen, the game gets confused if it's not the active window on launch.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way how to "fix" it. It happens no matter what but will try yet again.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

...same here. no gamma correction but i thought it´s an nvidia optimus problem with my notebook.

I have a Radeon, so it is not brand specific.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way how to "fix" it. It happens no matter what but will try yet again.

That's weird. I've seen this mentioned a bunch of times and for everyone the alt+tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del seem to fix it. :confused:

Yeah, nothing helps. I tried alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del, alt+enter...

Nothing fixes the gamma slider. It still has no effect at all.

Does BIS know about it?