Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

MANW Dropbox & Steam Submissions

Hi,

Just a quick question! I understand that MANW submissions (if they are too large or if there are issues with Steam) may be submitted via a special dropbox, created especially for the MANW event. I also read that SP entries must be available to download on Steam.

So, I was wondering, in the case of an SP campaign, can we submit each individual mission on Steam and use the dropbox to submit an addon with the full SP campaign? I know we can submit a campaign on Steam as an addon, but I don't have much memory left on my Steam account - which would mean deleting all the single missions in order to upload the campaign. In other words, would it be ok to submit a series of single missions on Steam, then submit a campaign as an addon via the MANW dropbox, or must I submit the campaign as an addon via Steam and make the space by deleting other material? :)

Thanks in advance! Appreciate the help!

Edited by Kydoimos

I'm also having a hard time with sync issues on Steam - seems to think I'm using more memory than I am.

I'm also having a hard time with sync issues on Steam - seems to think I'm using more memory than I am.

I just updated my submission on steam, I'm also experiencing sync problems:

http://kibot.populis.me/bispublisher.png (198 kB)

Everything is updated, except... The actual .pbo

Is it normal ? Is there a delay between file sync on SWS ?

Now that I've announced on the steam workshop page that I've released my entire campaign, I'll probably look like a fool if I can't get this fixed quickly.

edit: Steam publisher let me reupload the .pbo if I change the file name. However, after waiting for the file to upload, I just get "Item publishing failed". And each time I try to reupload the .pbo under a different name, I get less and less free steam cloud storage, like if those files were still inside the cloud.

Edited by kibot

I haven't had any problems updating a PBO around 13 hours ago. However, I know MANW contestant Undeceived had exactly the same issue. Steam said it's updated but the actual PBO didn't change.

In my humble opinion the steam workshop is still way too buggy to be actually useful to us. If it wasn't for MANW I'd probably just stick to Dropbox and Armaholic. PBOs get lost, images and texts get lost (well, seems BIS fixed this one after my ticket on the tracker), you can't change the overview picture via steam alone, the workshop is actually renaming the PBOs (at least the downloaded one's names are lower case only, even if uploaded with upper case letters) - pretty dangerous if the text itself was altered or the game would actually distinguish lower and upper case, the steam client only allows to upload screenshots one-by-one (it's working with the browser version, but only like 8-10 at a time, otherwise it just freezes), then steam is not always available (getting unavailability errors every other day), only 1000 characters per comment (I just ignore that by writing three or four comments in a row to answer one or more users in a proper detailed way - well **** you, steam)... - totally unhappy with the workshop at the moment. If done right it could be a great benefit.

Thanks God I and John_Spartan are not the only ones with the problem (although I also feel with you, kibot!).

For the others, if you also have this problem, support us here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183861-ARMA-3-TOOLS-Publisher-fails-to-upload-the-file-to-SW and here http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21026

Any news on this alternative submission method on Dropbox? The deadline for submissions is rolling around? :)

Hi Kydoimos, we've seen your question and will need to discuss this within the team. Most likely I'm afraid we'll have to stick with the 'Steam Workshop only' requirement for the SP category, due to public voting element and maintaining the ease of installation. However, please await the full answer which we will post in this thread hopefully later today :)

Thanks for the response, Korneel! I'm sure I'll sort it out for Steam Workshop - just thought I'd check first, though! :)

Is there already an answer from BI to this question?

I'm having serious problems with the Steam Workshop...

I'm also having a few problems,

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Hiya - I've being trying for days to upload my campaign onto Steam Workshop via the publisher - no joy :( every time I try to upload my PBO I get an upload failed message. Also, I've deleted all my missions to make space for the campaign - so - I have no playable content at the moment until I can get it uploaded! I'll keep trying - but can anyone offer any suggestions?

Okay - I've heard from BIS support - there's a limit to Steam Workshop submissions (200MB) - waiting to hear back today for a solution :)

Hi everyone, please see my reply here - and stand by for a more official announcement tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this