Dwarden

Dedicated Client / Headless Client feedback (dev branch)

With server + HC, the AI ignore rounds landing close to them. With a standard server client, the AI goes active when round land nearby.

Interesting, will check. Is there a feedback tracker ticket for it?

Interesting, will check. Is there a feedback tracker ticket for it?

Not when I last checked, no.

These observations where made within 2 existing missions, both of them quite large complex missions, perhaps not ideal for repro missions.

I can make some video from these missions and in the meantime, I'll try to knock up a small repro mission that can show both server local and HC local AI.

Definitely confirm this.

With server + HC, the AI ignore rounds landing close to them. With a standard server client, the AI goes active when round land nearby.

This can best be tested when firing at the AI from a great distance (500+ meters).

It is only when you are more or less outside the spotting distance they will ignore all rounds impacting at their feet.

When standing too close the AI do react (probably because they can then hear/see you).

No luck so far. I've tried placing an BLUFOR Rifleman (local to HC) on the Stratis airfield and shooting at it from the nearby hill using the OPFOR Recon Marksman and the AI reacted to the bullet impacts.

Could you please create some repro mission, ideally with as few units as possible, so we're checking the same environment?

Thanks a lot!

No luck so far. I've tried placing an BLUFOR Rifleman (local to HC) on the Stratis airfield and shooting at it from the nearby hill using the OPFOR Recon Marksman and the AI reacted to the bullet impacts.

Could you please create some repro mission, ideally with as few units as possible, so we're checking the same environment?

Thanks a lot!

I think the AI needs to be spawned via script on the HC rather than placed in the editor.

This is how I spawn my units:

_unit = _group createUnit [_type, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

I've been spawning the AIs as well. Tried different ways of alerting the AI, isolated explosions/bullet impacts and fly-by's.

Headless client no longer connecting.

Since the Marksman DLC the headless client no longer connects.

From server_console_xxxx.log

20:22:50 BattlEye Server: Player #6 headlessclient (127.0.0.1:2316) connected
20:22:50 Player headlessclient connecting.
20:22:51 Player headlessclient connected (id=HC4444).
20:22:51 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID () of player #6 headlessclient
20:22:51 BattlEye Server: Player #6 headlessclient - Owner GUID: 8539e01499f87083b3a25eb30041261c
20:22:51 Player headlessclient disconnected.
20:22:51 BattlEye Server: Player #6 headlessclient disconnected
20:22:58 BattlEye Server: Player #6 headlessclient (127.0.0

arma3server_xxxxxxx.rpt

NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #207749330, users.card=6
NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 207749330
Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 207749330 (headlessclient)
NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 207749330
Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 207749330 (headlessclient)

I see in game that it just gets kicked.

Unknown why ?

Now using this to start.

start "Arma3Server" arma3serverHC.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302 -enableSteamLogs -debug_steamapi

config file.

localclient[]={127.0.0.1};
headlessClients[]={127.0.0.1};

Are there other logs I need to look at as I can't see any more info than what I have posted.

At a loss here as it was working fine before.

The server is dedicated it does not have the normal version of arma 3 on it. So I am just using arma3server.exe renamed arma3serverHC.exe (renamed so I can kill the right process)

btw. I would suggest everyone to check the 1.42.130549 (profiling v4) build for server and HC

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169944-Arma-3-STABLE-server-1-42-quot-performance-binary-quot-feedback&p=2929364&viewfull=1#post2929364

as there are quite some issues sorted (crashes and similar mainly but it helps with HC too)

I have posted in the other thread.

The headless client is still being kicked for unknown reasons.

I have done a complete reinstall and it is now working as expected.

I have narrowed it down to ASM causing the problem.

If I delete asm.pbo from the addons folder the headless client connects properly.

Still have no idea why though.

I have done a complete reinstall and it is now working as expected.

I have narrowed it down to ASM causing the problem.

If I delete asm.pbo from the addons folder the headless client connects properly.

Still have no idea why though.

Because ASM isn't signed so it's being kicked unless you've turned sigchecking off.

It worked before ?

I copied the .pbo direct to addons as suggested.

I have a fred41.bikey .. god knows what it is from though.

Nothing in the logs mentions that that is the reason ?

Try adding:

verifySignatures = 0;

To your server.cfg and see if it works, that'll rule out keys.

Edit: Only do that for testing otherwise you'll end up with mismatched client mods all over the place.

I have a fred41.bikey .. god knows what it is from though.

... at least not from me ...

ASM is designed as serverside only addon and should be used as that.

I am not sure, but i think it is not a good idea, to allow each connecting client to have a @mod=asm running.

Theoretically, such clients could use "customized" callextension .dll's this way (cheating)!

I would say, it is a bit sad, that the HC is still not able to act like a server in respect to signing,

but currently you can only sign ASM your self and ensure that nobody except you have access to this key.

Anyway i am not a signing expert, so maybe i am totally wrong ;)

Confirmed. If verifySignatures = 0 then it's fine.

I have no idea why this is now a problem when it was not before ?

added after original post:

I have signed the file myself and it now works.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Edited by spitfire007

I've been spawning the AIs as well. Tried different ways of alerting the AI, isolated explosions/bullet impacts and fly-by's.

Try this after respawn. I remember that months ago when I've been testing this, that after respawn the AI would ignore me.

But maybe this is not the same case.

I recently got back into trying HC's and found some weird errors.

For some reason it has a problem with quadbike base class "HitRBWheel" and "HitLBWheel" and keeps spewing out undefined entry errors. I don't get these errors on server or player and checked the classes and they seem fine (everything is defined in vanilla config ok).

It's only on the HC so anyway, here they are:

18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)

So, my headless client was kicked because of lack of steam credentials... I thought steam was not needed for this?

I've heard about HC for years but never bothered to look deeper into it until today.

...and now I realize how relatively simple it is to set up and how transparent it is to the community. I'll make sure to test this. Thanks!

Did a quick stress test now that HC works on Linux (bisign bug). 6 opfor spawned every 5 sec and engaged the players. Clients were running stable on 1 fps after 150 opfor :cool:. Plenty of mods running aswell.

Screenshot (186 kB)

Did a quick stress test now that HC works on Linux (bisign bug). 6 opfor spawned every 5 sec and engaged the players. Clients were running stable on 1 fps after 150 opfor :cool:. Plenty of mods running aswell.

Screenshot (186 kB)

welcome FP comrade ! thanks for the graph

I recently got back into trying HC's and found some weird errors.

For some reason it has a problem with quadbike base class "HitRBWheel" and "HitLBWheel" and keeps spewing out undefined entry errors. I don't get these errors on server or player and checked the classes and they seem fine (everything is defined in vanilla config ok).

It's only on the HC so anyway, here they are:

18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitRBWheel/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('name' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('armor' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('material' accessed)
18:18:14 Warning Message: class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Quadbike_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitLBWheel/' is not defined ('passThrough' accessed)

I've had a similar problem on my server with HC, except mine refers to some random truck config but otherwise they're identical in structure.

I've found this happening too; AI on headless aren't responding to near-by rounds.

I spawn a squad 300m away from me, looking away from me, and fire a round near the feet of a unit, and:

* On the server the AI are alert instantly and start looking for me (and generally find me within 5-20 seconds).

* On the headless, the AI don't move, even when it is clear from "nearTargets" that they have excellent knowledge of me.

I've put a reproduction mission at:

http://foxhound.international/AiABTest.Altis.zip

Edited by IanBanks

Is it normal that my HC's have only 25 CPS max?

Nl2iEn3.png

It's at 25 CPS even with 0 AI.