Interest check of public server

Would you be interested?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• Yes (Type reason please)
    • No (Type reason please)
    • Maybe (Type reason please)

Hi there,

I need to do this check-up to provide the data to my unit itself and see if there's a large interest check of opening a public server to have pubbers come on and play.

So what will the public server idea offer?

-Mainly customized missions provided by the public or by us (Insurgency, Patrol Ops, Domination or custom made)

-A tight modpack for certain mods ArmA 3 require

-Saturday / Sunday night time gaming

-Tactical / Realism nights (Saturday for example).

-CO-OP & TvT

-ALiVe most likely.

Always up for opinions but anyways, if this was provided how would the public view of opinion be?

Always up for suggestions what community wants.

(Yes, this will be hosted on a separated dedi box).

Please write your concerns or ideas :)

There are lots and lots of empty servers out there - its hard to get players on them theese days.

My favourite public servers are so not because of the mods or game modes they run as such, but predominantly due to

1. How they are run by the admins, and

2. How active their regular players are.

The first point ensures friendly yet disciplined tactical gameplay, often with hosted events.

The second makes joining the server worthwhile as there are always a set of good players to team with.

As someone with quite a bit of hosting experience with hosting public coop missions on commonly full servers (last christmas day for instance, 260 players simultaneously on our servers), I honestly think it is too late in the age of the game (over 1yr after release) to just put up a server and expect it to be used unless:

1. get lucky

2. do something substantially different/better, and advertise + wait awhile (see #1 as well).

3. have a community already

Lots of the best missions and friendliest admins are hosted on empty servers, simply because people go where other people are. If there's a server with 20/50 players on it, running a 4/10 mission, people will join that one rather than join a 0/50 server which is hosting a 7/10 mission.

If you're really passionate about it then do it anyways, but if you're expecting it to fill up, then IMO the above is the honest reality :)

cheers

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

I vote yes, as I always loved to play on public servers always with new peoples. Off course it's not always new peoples, as groups of "regulars" exist also on public servers.

I love especially public servers with Insurgency variants, as it's the most funny and appropriate kind of mission to play with peoples you don't know, as you can form various team and operate also in different part of the map. And still you need to "coop", like in the case someone need CAS...this is my experience at least.

My favourite public servers are so not because of the mods or game modes they run as such, but predominantly due to

1. How they are run by the admins, and

2. How active their regular players are.

The first point ensures friendly yet disciplined tactical gameplay, often with hosted events.

The second makes joining the server worthwhile as there are always a set of good players to team with.

Well said.

I remember 'Blue', last year. He did everything right --server/teamspeak/website. He ran a fine teetime server, tho by himself, he burnt-out.

"It takes a village to raise a child." --African proverb

It take a group of dedicated players to run a good server. --plus TS & a website.