Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

UH-1Y Venom

f46VjE4.png

ttrXST7s.png f3bWxUOs.png BJkGNmLs.png KhEfutis.png T0W46nts.png fztbeTbs.png XarFvgSs.png Dvsw7Lqs.png

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION FROM GOOGLE DRIVE

IMPORTANT NOTE

All error messages that you get will be automatically removed after the Helicopter DLC update on November 4th, 2014.

You can toggle through the PIP MFD by pressing on your G key (or the key assigned to landing gear on helicopters/planes).

VARIANTS

ARMED

UNARMED

CHANGELOG

VERSION 0.1 ALPHA

New textures

New materials

Doors now open/close from the position you enter from.

Windshield wipers now work automatically if rain is present

Cyclic animations now effect the Horizontal Rotors

Rudder animations now effect the Tail Rotors

Throttle now effect the Horizontal Rotors

Horizontal Rotors are inclined down when engine is off.

You can now fold the rotors when engine is off.

Formation Lights have been added.

Collision Lights have been upgraded.

Lights have been added.

Sound has been improved to A3 Standards

Hands and feet now move with inputs (RotorLib)

Changing to Hydras automatically brings down HUD

Added SlingLoading Support

Can now shoot from the seat near the gunner position (FFV)

There is now a master arm weapon

Engine effects

You can toggle PIP by pressing G.

New MFD displays

Fast rope animations added (for later implementation)

CREDITS

ME

BI

TESTERS

Edited by dezkit

... so you decided to push it for stable despite building it for/on dev branch?

Yep. Didn't know BI would delay the release by an extra month. Didn't want the Helicopter to sit on my computer rotting for 31 days. Also, people can test/suggest some features :D

Just finished a new computer build and am in the middle of transferring and reinstalling all my stuff.

My friend, that has all stopped for downloading and playing this mod.

Awesomely done!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I've been testing the bird, and it looks awesome and it has a lot of outstanding features ( without any error message ) but:

- The engine lacks strength to "elevate" the bird ( which force me too elevate the thrust to max ).

- The FFV animations don't work at all.

( I was playing in dev branch, without additional mods, and with advanced flying mode )

Will you consider adding more instruments to the cockpit? I've started using a new HOTAS setup and it's really convenient to see my airspeed indicator, instantaneous vertical speed, RPM, etc.

Will you consider adding more instruments to the cockpit? I've started using a new HOTAS setup and it's really convenient to see my airspeed indicator, instantaneous vertical speed, RPM, etc.

With the devbranch you will have the main instrumental clocks.

I'll try to get a better static display for the toggleable MFD, one that shows all those indicators.

For the RotorLib, I'm still experimenting with it, it's quite hard to configure, but I'll be able to make it perfect soon.

@ dezkit: Are you using multiple 'HUD memory point quartets' (that is, sets of four memory points each in the memory LOD) to allow for/create multiple HUDs/MFDs? You may know this, but I also remember you placing the "HUD" elsewhere besides a HUD plate before in one of the later civilian jet releases, so you can have two separate classes inside class MFD that each call separate sets of memory points; that might help insofar as your instruments...

I'm not using class MFD. I only used for the civilian jets because the MFD required Altitude, airspeed, and heading.

Oh yeah, just realized the venom has some lod issues lol.

don't they always lol

outstanding work to date dezkit - really nice conversion! thanks from all at XTRA.

In the WIP thread he said that a service menu was not planned since he was sticking to the rocket pods, with FFV in place of pintle-mounted MGs.

New mod v0.1 alph available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@ivory_uh1y.png

@ dezkit;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Congrats on release. found a funny little bug that will fix itself when the heli dlc is out so no big deal. The camera shakes when flying against the wind like with the new flight model. Even tho I do not have the dev build installed. Just a little funny one again, no big deal. My favorite part has to be the sounds. Hold down shift while in flight and the engine gets louder. Quiet cool. So.. Great job and looking forward to seeing where this mod goes.

Play With Six link doesn't works ... pardon, it does works, but downloads only the .synqinfo file which sizes 1KB and that's it. Can you fix the PWS download link?

And also, tail rotor breaks off by pressing pedals into left and right frequently - and just by sitting on the ground in Advanced Flight Model mode and engine turned off.

I think PWS does that if you dont have latest version.. try updating PWS and see if it fixes it

But I got this problem on many mods before I think it may be the version issue.

I have the latest version, it still downloads only the .synqinfo file ...

EDIT: Nevermind, friend told me its possible that the mirrors/servers aren't updated yet so that's why I can't download the mod - just that file mentioned before.

Edited by SmukY

Is there a way to turn on the formation lights if AI is controlling the heli? Would be cool if 3 heli's are coming in to pick you up and their formation lights are on.

I don't know for ya all, but the PWS link doesn't works. Still downloads only the .synqinfo file. Meh.

Contact the PWS people. I don't handle their affairs