Sign in to follow this  
stonie01333

Chernarus On Server

Is there a way to get the A3 Map pack to work on our rented server for running map pack missions..Last time i tried i had to upload each file 3 at a time and it had taken me hours to get it all on, for it not to work..Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by stonie01333

With files that large you are best to ask your provider to download them for you instead of trying to FTP them. You could zip them into one big file and upload that but one little disconnect during transfer and you have to start over... or one little file gets corrupted in transit and you have to re-upload the whole thing.

got the files across but now we are getting you have been kicked from the game message when trying to connect..this has happened with all missions that use the map pack we have tried including our own edited one

What I would do is test a vanilla A3 install - no mods or custom missions (even remove them from the MPMissions folder)... make sure you can join and try out one of the stock BIS missions.

If that works add back the map pack, upload a mission that uses one of the maps, then test joining and starting the mission.

Also if you post up your server.cfg file as well as your RPT file it might help in troubleshooting.

Thanks Savage..got it working..i needed to transfer the key that came with the map pack into the key folder on the server..any recommendations what to try out mission wise?

Thanks again Savage thats exactly the ones i downloaded :)...Im taking it that alot of scripts dont work with the A3MP..The usual ones i use like TAW and VAS im having to remove

Nice!! AFAIK scripts like VAS should not be affected by A3MP.. but I don't use that map pack anymore I use AllinArma instead.

Allinarma is broke

use a3mp for now as the sahrani map will crash your server.

i actually just got done earlier with uploading A3mp to my server's ftp.

Don't listen to Gunter. He is posting false claims.

Well if it aint true then explain what the issue could be, im just trying to help, im not trying to spread rumors, or say something that isn't true

if its crashing as some posters have posted on the terrains thread then obviously something aint working right,

and as asked on the thread can you confirm its not crashing, idk im going by what i read there.

heres the thread, jsut my assumption that it could be the cause

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182072-All-in-Arma-Terrain-Pack-%28AiA-TP%29-A1-A2-OA-terrains-from-BI-in-A3&p=2789409#post2789409