Sign in to follow this  
TheEdge

Totally customized SCAR PDW

Well, since learning how get models into arma 3 is slow, i did a little monster with a few models made long ago, dont get afraid, is "stable"

http://i.imgur.com/zBW10l5.jpg (250 kB)

Btw, is there any way to make images directly view?

-MK16 PDW

-Elcan M145

-Laser/Light

-Muzzle Brake

-XTM Covers

-Tornado Grip

-45* Mount rail

-Troy sights (Mount)

Edited by TheEdge

The image is too large for a direct embed here, I'm afraid. As far as getting your weapon into the game, have you checked out the weapon sample included with the Arma 3 Tools? (It's seemingly based off of the MX 3GL.)

P.S. I've noticed that you're working off of the original iteration, whereas FNH USA is currently marketing this appearance for the PDW, but last year they unveiled a new SCAR-P as well.

Edited by Chortles

The image is too large for a direct embed here, I'm afraid. As far as getting the SCAR PDW into the game, have you checked out the weapon sample included with the Arma 3 Tools? (It's seemingly based off of the MX 3GL.)

Oh, i was thinking i was a noob posting here, oh yes i saw that sample, but sometimes iam an idio** learning.

For what it's worth -- although well over a year old and seemingly designed back when people had to use the Arma 2 mod tools -- here would be a guide for getting things going, while here is a Skype channel for model makers which you can consult insofar as getting your model into Object Builder (the successor to Arma 2's Oxygen 2 modeling program), much less in-game.

EDIT: Also, I just just thought of this, but unlike Arma 2 guides you should bring the weapon into Object Builder without the Elcan and laser/light (I'd also say without the muzzle brake unless you want that to be the default appearance), since once you're able to get the weapon working you can then make the attachments usable. (The game does not currently support underbarrel attachments as a separate attachment slot, so you can leave the Tornado grip in.

Edited by Chortles

For what it's worth -- although well over a year old and seemingly designed back when people had to use the Arma 2 mod tools -- here would be a guide for getting things going, while here is a Skype channel for model makers which you can consult insofar as getting your model into Object Builder (the successor to Arma 2's Oxygen 2 modeling program), much less in-game.

EDIT: Also, I just just thought of this, but unlike Arma 2 guides you should bring the weapon into Object Builder without the Elcan and laser/light (I'd also say without the muzzle brake unless you want that to be the default appearance), since once you're able to get the weapon working you can then make the attachments usable. (The game does not currently support underbarrel attachments as a separate attachment slot, so you can leave the Tornado grip in.

Super! i hope learning fast! thank you.

You're welcome! I hope that both resources are really helping you (although I must note that the Zach Gibson tutorial is outdated when it comes to sounds), but to be clear, you should import the weapon model without attachments (besides the Tornado grip) into Object Builder, and then if you want to create your own attachments you can import the attachments as separate models.

Configuration note: It is suggested that you make your SCAR-PDW (and the Elcan, the laser/light, and the muzzle brake if you make them) compatible with the ASDG Joint Rails mod, but if you do not understand that yet, you may first use the default method of setting attachments compatibility.

Also, as a possible suggestion, let me recommend that you check out Kiory's original SA80/L85 (not his L85A2) and ToadBall's M16A4, because (although both are outdated in the sounds like Zach Gibson's tutorial) both include "unbinarized" models that may be opened in Object Builder for you can learn from. Alternately/likewise, here are unbinarized models, configs, material files (for the models), and so on for most of Arma 2's content! (Textures and sounds may be found somewhere in here depending on the specific content whose textures/sounds you need, but I must warn you that said Arma 2 "source data packs" are big downloads, unlike the Kiory SA80/L85 and ToadBall M16A4.)

I'm happy to help (despite my limited knowledge as far as infantry weapons) if you have any further questions.

EDIT: EricJ, that may be so for someone who knows the configs in and out but the OP's level of understanding configs -- that is, their ability to get a SCAR-PDW into the game at all as opposed to 3D modeling one -- is not clear in this thread.

Edited by Chortles

Configging ASDG (once shown) is a snap, better than BIS's system.

You're welcome! I hope that both resources are really helping you (although I must note that the Zach Gibson tutorial is outdated when it comes to sounds), but to be clear, you should import the weapon model without attachments (besides the Tornado grip) into Object Builder, and then if you want to create your own attachments you can import the attachments as separate models.

Configuration note: It is suggested that you make your SCAR-PDW (and the Elcan, the laser/light, and the muzzle brake if you make them) compatible with the ASDG Joint Rails mod, but if you do not understand that yet, you may first use the default method of setting attachments compatibility.

Also, as a possible suggestion, let me recommend that you check out Kiory's original SA80/L85 (not his L85A2) and ToadBall's M16A4, because (although both are outdated in the sounds like Zach Gibson's tutorial) both include "unbinarized" models that may be opened in Object Builder for you can learn from. Alternately/likewise, here are unbinarized models, configs, material files (for the models), and so on for most of Arma 2's content! (Textures and sounds may be found somewhere in here depending on the specific content whose textures/sounds you need, but I must warn you that said Arma 2 "source data packs" are big downloads, unlike the Kiory SA80/L85 and ToadBall M16A4.)

I'm happy to help (despite my limited knowledge as far as infantry weapons) if you have any further questions.

EDIT: EricJ, that may be so for someone who knows the configs in and out but the OP's level of understanding configs -- that is, their ability to get a SCAR-PDW into the game at all as opposed to 3D modeling one -- is not clear in this thread.

Well, iam having a lot of support by you and other guys, and iam totally decided to get my models into the game, because i made it but i dont use it for this purposes, once learning this, i can take model requests.