Sign in to follow this  
MrHuachuca

Arma 2 VS Arma 3! You chose!

Which do you like more?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

Something that I noticed the other day is that in Arma 2 you could see misty mountains in the distance (most noticeably in Takistan), but in Arma 3 you can't. Bummer, but it's only a little thing :P

That has to do with the skybox, which changed for arma 3's terrains. The old skyboxes weren't quite compatible with the new A3 clouds.

Arma 3 has so much better engine and you can pretty much play all Arma 2 contents in Arma 3. if you're an ACE freak, you got CSE, Advanced Ballistics, AGM, etc to improve the realism of Arma 3 :)

Arma 2 only beats Arma 3 in campaign story plot :)

Agreed! It would be more interesting just to see arma 2 dlc in arma 3..... operation arrowhead in arma 3. :yay:

Community Upgrade Project is here to make it happen (for free, not as DLC). There is already CUP weapons pack (fully compatible and adapted to Arma 3 engine), and in future there will be Vehicles pack, terrain pack, etc.

the multiplayerperformance in arma3 is still terrible. no chance for fluid playing on a server with 10-20 players and 100 ai units. sometimes i have 22 frames in mp^^ and my rig isn't that bad.

@ TiborasaurusRex in my opinion the story of arma2 was not good, the story of arma3 is far better. but best story still 1985 in operation flashpoint, never played a better story in any other game.

cup is a really great project and all respect to .kju and his crew, but i am still rather make missions for arma2 to play with A.C.E.

maybe someday there are some improvements in mp performance so that arma3 with ai in mp is possible without that diashow feeling.

Mp performance is mission specific imo, im sure there is some aspects to mp engine wise that can be improved or needs fixing, but mission wise a mission

maker should have a caching method as to keep the cpu impact from AI to a minimal.

As in general to this threads subject, i like both games, and play both, and have servers for both, but only with COWarMod & A3WarMod will I play ;)

Arma 3. Its mostly everything arma 2 was with more. Plus having not-broken mouse controls (I.E. negative mouse acceleration) is amazing.

I still sim with all of 'em. I love the graphics and advancements in Arma 3 but I don't love so much the 'futuristic' stuff. Arma 2 is still pretty great and at full settings looks pretty decent and I can run larger co-op missions without it bogging down. Arma CO/QG still gets used despite it's age (same for OFP).

A3 definitely has better base, a lot of potential, and many technical improvements, but an extremely slow development, a predictably disappointing, expensive and short DLC's, the huge lack of content, too high dependence on mods for a decent game, and especially for me, the lack of the charisma that A2 has, has made me to lost the interest in the game.

In short terms, for me A3 could be better than A2, but not for now.

This.

Something that I noticed the other day is that in Arma 2 you could see misty mountains in the distance (most noticeably in Takistan), but in Arma 3 you can't. Bummer, but it's only a little thing

Consider that Takistan is not an "island" same for Zargabad where its surrounded by water, whereas Altis and stratis is, so realistically speaking in terms of the maps both

Arma3 maps are correctly portrayed by not having those mountains or hills in the distance.

You will still see distance "mountains" and hills and such on Altis even on Stratis if you have your distance set pretty high but what you see is actual hills/mountains and not a skybox.

Arma 3's engine is such a colossal upgrade over arma 2 however the near future setting and sheer lack of content on arma 3 easily makes arma 2 better for me, at least for now.