A.Cyprus

Cyprus Push-toHear

Hello Miller

Cool, thank you for adding another mirror. I'll add the link to my opening post :)

Incidentally, the text you've included in the "About" section of your page has changed in the 1.4 update. You can see it in my opening post or the readme.

Thanks again to you, and also Armaholic and Play withSix for hosting v1.4.

Not sure why this is happening but clients are getting kicked from server due to a wrong signature check for this addon.

I have the latest key in the correct folder, so I'm at a loss.

Is anyone else having trouble getting this to work on a dedicated server?

Hey SENSEII

Have the clients updated to the latest version, same as the server?

Are you the server admin or a player?

Could you link me to the server so I can try myself?

Thanks

Yep, everyone's on the correct version.

I'm the server admin, so once I get the rest of the addons uploaded, the server will be online and we can try it out. I should be done in about an hour.

You can search CAVE Gaming Community or remote connect to 213.239.217.206:2360

Cool, I'll be available to try around the same time. Do you have access to RPTs should we need them?

Edit: you mentioned other addons. Will these be prerequisite to connect?

yep :)

EDIT: No, I'll throw a quick mission together. All you should need is pushToHear

Gonna run a quick dschecksignatures when I get to my pc. I guess it's possible I signed it with the wrong key. Grrr.

BREAK BREAK - ALL CALLSIGNS:

SENSEII and I have been unable to resolve this tonight.

[i've posted a list of symptoms in this thread.]

Has anybody been able to run v1.4 and successfully have clients connect and use the addon?

If so, what server OS are you running please?

Hi, we wanted to make your mod available on the eutw.net PVP Warfare servers. Saw very late that there was an issue with this mods signed key.

We run 5 servers

3 on Linux-wine

2 on Windows 2012

clients produce the following message via RPT's:

Line 268: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@cyp_pushtohear_a3\addons\cyp_pushtohear_a3.pbo - unknown

Server RPT's throw this one:

Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@cyp_pushtohear_a3\addons\cyp_pushtohear_a3.pbo

Hope you can find the error in question and this helps you narrow it down.

ps.: From a server admins point of view a mod and version specific key is always preferably to a mod-creators key (which might allow other mods or even older versions of the allowed mod to be used). It's not really a problem as long as there is only one mod available from the same developer signed using the same key

Hi Ecid

I'm grateful for the interest and also your feedback.

So far I have tested and had the same results as yourself on two separate Linux servers, so it is handy to see you observed the same on Windows.

I must admit I am currently at a loss of what to try next. Both server admins tried resigning with their own keys and had the same result as you did, so that kind of rules out a problem with my key, which was my first assumption. I'm not sure if it's something in the addon code itself, Or whether battle eye is not happy with it.

But then the error doesn't verify that line of thinking.

If I manage to resolve, I'll drop you a PM as it would be nice to have it on your servers, I play there myself sometimes.

OK, guys. Thank you for your patience.

Please have a go with:

Cyprus Push-to-Hear v1.41 [Dropbox]

Note that I have only tested this on a local dedicated windows server, on my own PC same as the client, so your experience may vary.

Dear Armaholic + PlayWith Six reps:

Please do not release this update on your respective networks until it has been tested successfully by some friendly server admins, and I make the release 'official'.

ps.: From a server admins point of view a mod and version specific key is always preferably to a mod-creators key (which might allow other mods or even older versions of the allowed mod to be used). It's not really a problem as long as there is only one mod available from the same developer signed using the same key

Understood. I've signed it twice, and I have included two sets of keys:

- cyprus.bikey : this corresponds to my personal non-specific key

- cyprus-pushtohear.bikey : this corresponds to my personal key unique for this particular addon only

In this way you may either allow all my addons (once I have a few more :D) or cherry pick only those you want by adding the appropriate keys to your server.

I'm assuming this would work, and hope it fits your needs.

Sure thing, thanks for the heads up, will stand by until you give us the go. ;)

Cyprus Push-to-Hear v1.41 [Dropbox]

[...]

Understood. I've signed it twice, and I have included two sets of keys:

- cyprus.bikey : this corresponds to my personal non-specific key

- cyprus-pushtohear.bikey : this corresponds to my personal key unique for this particular addon only

In this way you may either allow all my addons (once I have a few more :D) or cherry pick only those you want by adding the appropriate keys to your server.

I'm assuming this would work, and hope it fits your needs.

Yes that works perfectly :) Makes my life soo much easier :P

Will be testing it shortly on our servers.

Edit: Tested it on server "EUTW.net EU-5" (cyprus-pushtohear.bikey) - works fine - no issues. Its available there now. Will do a mass roll-out (including re-announcement) during the next morning twilight when the servers are empty.

ps.: thanks for the quick fix.

Edited by Ecid

Awesome, I'm really glad to hear that. Thanks for a quick turn around on the testing.

SENSEII has also had success on his dedi, so looking good.

The problem in the end was nothing to do with the keys, in spite of the error saying so.

Apparently dedi servers don't like pbo's created by PBO Manager, but running the addon locally in the editor works.

Also, I think the config.bin had become dodgy somehow.

Anyway, good stuff.

I'll update my opening post some point tonight and call it an official release.

Ok all, I've updated the opening post with the new download link and new release notes.

Dear PlayWith Six + Armaholic ladies and gents, please consider this official release and feel free to distribute.

Many thanks.

Cyprus

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you Foxhound and Sonsalt6 for such a rapid response.

Opening post and links therein updated.

I do not foresee any updates in the immediate to short term future but if anybody does have any sensible feature requests or general improvements Id be interested to hear about them.

Right, ignore what I said above - I'm planning on releasing an update in the coming week or so.

Does anybody have any feature suggestions/requests that I might be able to squeeze into the new version?

Thanks.

Hello,

i got a little problem with the mod, it seems like i cant change the volume the SOUNDS will be suppressed to while Push-to-Hear is active, neigther if i enter 0.1 0.5 or 1 , it wont change at all. Tryed it since some hours, but cant get it working.

thats the Path of my userconfig file.

Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\

and

Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@cyp_pushtohear_a3\Userconfig\

wont accept anny of these.

Since this mod is exactly what we searched for our Altis Life server, it would be great to get it working.

Sincerely

Christian from germany

Hi Christian

Yup, that's my fault. I mistakenly binarized the config last time I packed it without realising, which means the user settings are no longer dynamic.

Sorry about that :)

I actually thought nobody was using that feature so I haven't bothered to force an update.

I'll link you to a working version next time i'm on my pc, though I was supposed to be releasing an update soon anyway (just got less time that I thought).

Does your Life server have a website?

Hi Christian

Yup, that's my fault. I mistakenly binarized the config last time I packed it without realising, which means the user settings are no longer dynamic.

Sorry about that :)

I'll link you to a working version next time i'm on my pc, though I was supposed to be releasing an update soon anyway (just got less time that I thought).

Does your Life server have a website?

No problem, and thanks for your fast answer ;)

For now nobody knows that the mod is on the Server, so we can test it. But if everything works, we gonna make it official.

Heres the Link to the Homepage of our Altis Life Server http://bruuudis.enjin.com/forum

_______Edit

im just curious, but is there a possible to affect the Sound of the effects, without lowering the direct chat sound ?

_______Edit

just realised, it dont lowers the direct chat sound. Thats awesome.

Sincerely

Christian

Edited by admiral23

I actually thought nobody was using that feature so I haven't bothered to force an update

we need it ;)^^ couse the standart settings are still a bit to loud

Hey Christian

Thanks for your PM and your appreciation. It's nice to hear players are enjoying and benefiting from Cyprus PtH.

im just curious, but is there a possible to affect the Sound of the effects, without lowering the direct chat sound ?

_______Edit

just realised, it dont lowers the direct chat sound. Thats awesome.

Yup, that's right. It doesn't affect VON settings, only sound effects and music. VON is often the primary form of comms, as opposed to Teamspeak, so I wanted that to remain audible.

we need it ;)^^ couse the standart settings are still a bit to loud

Yeah, since initial release I've actually dropped my own settings to much lower too, sometimes I even disable with 0! I guess it's really subjective and based on how loud your system volume is.

I'm thinking of introducing an override mode where it will set volumes to 0 no matter what your settings are, temporarily, since some situations are far far louder than routine stuff like being a chopper pilot. Not sure if it's worth the effort though, and it'd mean yet another keybind (already running out of keys!).

Anyway,

I've updated the Dropbox link in my opening post with a version that respects userconfig settings. This is still the current v1.41, there are no new features, it just has an unbinarised config.cpp so that user settings are not static.

Armaholic and Play WithSix gents and ladies - as this isn't a version update it isn't essential to refresh your networks, but if you do please retain the version number intact as 1.41.

I plan on a 1.5 release soon, with lots of new settings. Any requests welcome.

Edited by A.Cyprus