Sign in to follow this  
syncie

DEVGRU_Hangar-Template

For some missions i am creating I have build a DEVGRU Hangar. Just to have something where we can start from.

I like to share it because maybe others like it too.

You need 3 Addons:

USSOCOM 75th Ranger and Navy SEALs DEVGRU by Massi -->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19131

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons by Massi (above mod required this one) --> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

RP2 Objects by Thedog --> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19690

I did not use a hangar that's already on the map but used the hangar object from the editor. So you can place it where you want on Altis or in any other map you like.

Does it have the Lock & Load table from the movie Lone Survivor? Ofcourse it has :-) You can setup or load your gear on it. It has VAS 2.6 (Credits Tonic) and ASOR Gear Selector (Credits Lecks).

devgru_hangar000.jpg

(movie/credits by Universal Pictures)

Watch your Step:

1. On some items I used the setpostion in the init Field so when you rotate the hangar (and everything that's inside) the "Lone Survivor Lock & Load Table" can be a bit messed up. You have to fix that up manually by moving the objects. Just play around with the stuff.

2. I also placed the hangar in the field. Some bushes / threes are still there when the hangar is placed on them. Trees growing through the congrete isn't cool So i tried the grasscutter (in the editor) but that doesn't do anything. I also used the command: (getPos this nearestObject xxxxxx) setDamage 1; Where xxxxxx is the nearest ID on the map. That trick does flatten the bushes but it's still visible. I haven't found a workaround yet...suggestions are welcome.

I tested it also during nighttime and i'm not completely satisfied yet. All works fine, it's just a little cosmetic thing.

I think the lamps in the hangar cannot be turned on. Maybe someone can confirm that?

So i used three camping lights for getting some atmoshspere but i have some troubles with those because I wanted them to be placed correctly on the table or whatever. When i use "this enableSimulation false" on the lamp it doesn't turn on. Also the setpos command turns off the lamp?? I haven't found a workaround yet..so any suggestion..please shoot. I hope I overlooked something.

Ah..a last note:

I know it's not perfect (i'm still making adjustments) ...but hey it's free of use..change whatever you want. Suggestions are also welcome here.

devgru_hangar001.jpg

devgru_hangar002.jpg

devgru_hangar003.jpg

devgru_hangar004.jpg

Download ZIP: DEVGRU_Hangar-template.Altis.zip

or

Download PBO: DEVGRU_Hangar-template.Altis.pbo

If you take the pbo (for setting up gear i assume) you have to place that file in your arma3 mpmission map. Mine is --> Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

==============================================

Version update --> now v.1.1

Above links are now pointing to the updated versions.

Changes:

- found a solution for the lights in hangar. It's still nog perfect but better than the campinglights, those are removed.

- add extra items, mainly from the latest arma 3 update.

- template starts now during night time.

- update to ASOR Gear Selector v1.42

devgru_hangar005.jpg

Edited by Syncie
Version update

Hey that's really neat. Goes to show you don't have to be a great coder to make great immersion. Not that you don't, just saying =)

Edited by Iceman77

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I can only open the pbo but i cant edit it ?

Would love to use this hangar on my map.

Edited by Skuijs

pretty cool setup dude! I'll be using this mate! cheers for the release. Have you thought about putting rifles on the inside of a container on the sides, so players can walk in and pick a weapon of the wall and then load up at the table?

You could even use the shelving objects and place things like NVG's, Bino's and all kinds of smaller items on them, to kit it out, maybe even a medical shelving unit too.

Thanks Guys.

@Skuijs: you took the pbo. I also placed a zip with all the mission files in it. Take that one :-)

@spookyGnu: yeah i can think all day long what to build and place :-) I already placed some ammo/weapopns in the container. Placing all the stuf on the shelves is a lot of work. If somebody already build something like that..please let me know i love to add it to the template...with credits ofcourse :-)

Maybe funny to start the mission in the early morning..in your underwear, standing besides your bed and you have to dress up with all the items and clothes that's around you.

Thanks Guys.

@Skuijs: you took the pbo. I also placed a zip with all the mission files in it. Take that one :-)

@spookyGnu: yeah i can think all day long what to build and place :-) I already placed some ammo/weapopns in the container. Placing all the stuf on the shelves is a lot of work. If somebody already build something like that..please let me know i love to add it to the template...with credits ofcourse :-)

Maybe funny to start the mission in the early morning..in your underwear, standing besides your bed and you have to dress up with all the items and clothes that's around you.

have you put in the toilet box?? lol! or the "head" as the Americans refer.

I know what you mean about it being alot of work. It took me two whole weeks to apply of non stop editing to get the Icarus solar Station to a point of it looking liveable. there are things there I could change and make to look better but I spent so long on it I can't be bothered now and plus I might end up fucking it up in the process. I am how ever thinking of adding this template to my demo mission I made for the ISS, so that the special forces have a base of ops to start from.

Uh its doesnt show in the mission editor thingy :( the pbo does it but the mission files not :(

i copied it in his own map C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions\DEVGRU

@Skuijs:

You have to unpack the zip into this folder: C:\Users\your login name on your windows computer\Documents\Arma 3\missions\DEVGRU_Hangar-template.Altis

Assuming your windows is installed on the C drive. Don't forget the .altis if you rename the map to devgru --> devgru.altis

The C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions\ map is for saved mission files. There are two locations: one for editing and one for playing (online).

For those of us who don't use Massi's units, could you make a NATO version for us to edit into other mod units?

@AtinAkiri: sorry i have to pass that one. I want to finish my mission :-)

But...i thinks it's not that hard to change it into a NATO_Hangar-template yourself. If I remember correctly you only have to replace some weapons that are on the table. Change them to NATO weapons. Also the weapon & gear boxes in the corner (right).

ah almost forgot the pickuptruck also.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely make use of it.

Very nice work there Syncie. Thanks for the share.

@AtinAkiri: sorry i have to pass that one. I want to finish my mission :-)

But...i thinks it's not that hard to change it into a NATO_Hangar-template yourself. ..

Yep.. about 10 minutes manually.

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!