maxjoiner

Max Los Angeles Police Department MOD

header.jpg

Max L.A.P.D. Mod

by

Maxjoiner

0NWqtamA5IY

Description:

This Mod adds two new factions: L.A.P.D. and L.A. Civilian.

The Police Faction has 5 vehicles and 3 Units.

The Civil Faction has 8 vehicles.

Features:

- New 3 Units

- New 13 Vehicles

- All Police Vehicles have 3 police Horns

- All Police Vehicles have lightbar and beacons effects

- All Police Vehicles marked have 3 lightbar modes.

- The Engines of all vehicles have been enhanced for funny pursuits!

Usage:

for AI-

to active mode1 lightbar\beacons:

this setvariable ["lights1on", true];nul =[this] execVM"max_lapd_mod\scripts\crownmode1.sqf";

to active mode2 lightbar\beacons:

this setvariable ["lights2on", true];nul =[this] execVM"max_lapd_mod\scripts\crownmode2.sqf";

to active mode3 takedown:

this setvariable ["lights3on", true];nul =[this] execVM"max_lapd_mod\scripts\crownmode3.sqf";

to deactive:

this setVariable ["lights1on", false]; //change the number "1on" to "2on" or "3on"

to active holster action for LAPD Cops:

nul =[this] execVM "\max_LAPD_mod\scripts\holster.sqf";

to active unholster action:

nul =[this] execVM "\max_LAPD_mod\scripts\unholster.sqf";

to active holster action for CHP Patrolman:

nul =[this] execVM "\max_LAPD_mod\scripts\holster_patrolman.sqf";

to active unholster action:

nul =[this] execVM "\max_LAPD_mod\scripts\unholster_patrolman.sqf";

Inside download there is an example mission.

Installation:

Put the folder "@LAPD" into the main ArmA3 folder.

(If steam version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3)

The game will recognize automaticaly the Mod, when You will start ArmA3

just click on configure and then active my Mod.

Media:

IAG6xxATG_k

gm_ox0xJk30

Notes:

My LAPD mod has some bugs, I know, but considered the many requests

I decided to release an Alpha version.

When I'll have a bit of time I'll try to improve it...

Credits & Thanks:

All the models and scripts are made by Maxjoiner

License to use:

Armaholic is the only one page of download authorized by author,

re-upload elsewhere is not allowed.

It's not possible to modify my MOD without my permission.

It's not possible to use parts of my MOD without my permission.

It's not possible to use my MOD in private servers

without my permission.

It's not possible to resign my MOD without my permission.

For information contact me:

70max.bevilacqua@libero.it

Download Link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26924

Armaholic is the only one page of download authorized by author,

re-upload elsewhere is not allowed.

Sorry to tell you this, but you don't really have any say over whether private (passworded?) servers use your addon...

excuse me, but how exactly do you want people to use this mod? do you have to manually download it before using it in a public server? if we can't upload it to private mod repositories nor can we use it within private groups without even asking for permission, I don't see how anybody anywhere is going to use this mod other than maybe your group.

Curious to restrict usage so severely. What sector of the community are you targeting with this mod?

These are my conditions....

nobody force You to use my mod...

If You don't like my conditions, Use another mod..

I had big problems with incorrect people...

They resigned my mods..

They Changed my mods..

They used my mods like if was their mods...

So here is because all these rules..

Thanks

What I'm trying to tell you is that you have no way to enforce the 4th rule, the one about using it on private servers. If people use it, it will almost certainly be used by a clan or something, on their private server. All the other rules make perfect sense. ArmAholic as host, no resigning, no modifying, those are all very reasonable and logical rules.

Trying to tell people they can't use it on a private server is not a reasonable rule, not a logical rule, and is a rule that I can assure you will not be followed, and that you cannot enforce. The only way you can make sure people don't use it on their servers is if you don't upload it, which would probably be a shame for those interested in using it, and a disappointment for you.

You've come a long way from your first stuff, and I think people will probably enjoy your mod, you just need to make sure that you don't try to control things you have no reasonable expectation of controlling. That tends to really annoy people, and can alienate your user base.

Thanks for Your advices...

I know it will almost certainly be used by a clan or something, on their private server anyhow,

but at least the correct people will ask me the permission...

I can see why you have all these security measurements with all the idiots on their Life Servers. I had a bad experience of getting my work stolen by [iNSERT COMMUNITY HERE], know the feeling.

My question is can you at least remove the rule of "You can't resign it". Obviously only if you're contacted the right way.

As someone who uses around 20 mods on a public server, I know I'm never using any external signatures except CBA.

That is the security measurement of all the big servers. Having one key to sign them all.

Just consider that.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you have no way to enforce the 4th rule, the one about using it on private servers. If people use it, it will almost certainly be used by a clan or something, on their private server. All the other rules make perfect sense. ArmAholic as host, no resigning, no modifying, those are all very reasonable and logical rules.

Indeed, that was what I was referring to as well. In general, public servers don't incorporate mods such as this into their missions. Pretty much any server that would want to use this mod would be either a private clan/community server running custom missions, or a Life/similar server.

Best of luck!

along with what I and others have said in this thread, look at these two rules again:

• It's not possible to use my MOD in private servers without my permission.
  • Armaholic is the only one page of download authorized by author, re-upload elsewhere is not allowed.

A lot of people are going to want to use this mod, so I don't see how you expect very many of them to PM you just to download 22 mb and use them in their missions, within a completely private setting. With the upload rule, they're not allowed to put this mod on their custom repositories, making it so everyone who uses this mod, permission or not, has to download it manually and enable it before ever using it.

you've made something nice, but you've placed restrictions on it so almost nobody can enjoy it.

if everybody followed your rules, I can see a max of maybe 5 servers using this mod. please be prepared to see it in places where you didn't allow it, because otherwise you're going to be very stressed out and angry.